Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
I just want to say thanks to EDS and all the members of this
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know where to start, but I must say I owe EDS and all the members of this forum for my "better looking skin".

Before discovering EDS and participating in this forum "beauty talks", I had so many problems with my skin and felt so confused ( so frustrated sometimes) in searching for and choosing the right products.

Most of my skin care experience was from my Mom passing down and from my dermatologist who is very conservative ( he's for PTR only and nothing else, dunno why:().

Being an EDS member, I have had many great chances to be recommended and to learn and to try so many wonderful products ( I never knew they existed and availble and so convenient to order).

This is the list of beauty ptds that haved changed my skin ( and my life, I'm more happy now).

Please take note that I have oily/combination skin, which is very sensitive, very reactive and gets red, swollen, itchy very easily. I also used to have many whiteheads on my forehead, blackheads on my nose, some pores around my nose and monthly big zits, but not any more. Actually, I just finished my period and...not a zit. I'm so happy with my clear skin.

And I just want to share with you my list of "beauty wonders" ( I got them all from EDS)

Here it is, my list of beauty junk I can't live without:

_Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant ( my daily joy)
_Dermalogica Soothing Booster ( my skin saver)
_Dermalogica MultiVitamin Power Recovery Complex ( my moisturizing mask)
_MD Formulations Facial Cleanser with Glycolic Acid ( it removes everything that you want to get rid of from your skin: makeups, dirt, grease, and your blemishes. )
_MD Formulations Vit-A Clearing Complex ( my brave soldier in the battle with bad elements: whiteheads, blackheads, zits...)
_MD Formulations Sun Total Protector 30 ( my powerful sun defense)
_Valmont Renewing Pack ( my true skin lover)
_Jane Iredale Circle/Delete Eye Concealer 2 ( my eyes adore you)
_Jane Iredale D2O Hydration ( it's a must-have in winter time)
_Decleor Essential Balm ( my nightly treatment)
_Decleor Ylang Ylang Oil ( sent me to bed with heaven scent )
_Smith's Rosebud Salve ( I use this balm on my lips to keep them as soft as baby's)

I also have my eyes on the Cellcosmet Eye Contour Creme because my Shiseido Skincare Eye Smoother tube is almost finished. I agree with Mabsy that to pay a little more for a product, that will please you so much and be used up to the last drop, many times will actually save you money and time and your skin, too ( very important factor).

Thanks a million times, EDS and all the wonderful contributors to this forum: Caspers Mum, Magda, Mabsy, Barbara, Leeleedeedee, Thoughtcrime, Chunlisa, Sable, Ramsi, Siri, Seaera, Soki...I love you as much as I love...my skin
Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Mabsy

Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Leila, you're an absolute sweetie! I'm so glad that you're happy with your skincare routine at the moment. We must be on the same wavelength too, you and I, because just the other day I was thinking that it would be nice to post a message to see what are everybody's "must try" products. I always want to know what new products I should be trying Smile

A lot of the products I have bought from EDS I decided to buy based on reviews posted by users of this forum (yourself included Wink). I've never been happier with my skin. Not only has it improved but it seems more resistant to stress as well. Usually when I got really stressed my skin would break out but I am very impressed with how my skin is holding up at the moment (thesis due in two weeks; lots and lots of stress). No breakouts, no major problems (quite a feat given how little sleep I've been getting and all the crap I've been eating!). And I also must say that you should REALLY *REALLY* try the Cellcosmet Eye Cream. I'm sure you'll like it. It makes my Jane Iredale Circle Delete go on so nice and smooth now! I love it!

Mabsy.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Dearest Leila,

You are so sweet. You continue to share your experiences for our benefit, you explain everything so well, at times I can just about smell the scent you describe or feel the piece of heaven you mention. Thank you for thanking us.Very Happy I am tired and on my way to bed (hopefully that guy of mine isn't asleep yet:P) but not before saying you are just so sweet and helpful and everything....thank you for taking the time to say what you did. Wink

Babs
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Leiladao, That's wonderful that you are happy with your skin Very Happy
Thanks for sharing your experiences and your list of products that have helped you. My skin is much better now too, but I am trying to get it back to the way it was before when I never even had to wear concealer. Now I can go without concealer on some days but not all. Anyway, your reviews are always so detailed and helpful. I know if somrthing works for you, it will probably work with my sensitive reactive combination skin. Wink
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Leiladao,

Aaaaaaaaaaaaw!

Sniff sniff sniff! I'm so touched! This forum is a wonderful place but I have to agree with you: despite all the money I've spent on EDS products, at least I spend it with INFORMED decisions from everyone on this forum. I think I'd really hit myself if I went into the purchasing blindly buying whatever "seems" good.

This forum is so awesome in that people share honest opinions -- but it never ceases to send me a laugh. I especially like my new nickname from Mabsy!

I've never found a group of girls/women so dedicated to skin care and it's SO MUCH fun to talk about it!

Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Leiladao,

I'm new on the forum and would just like to also say THANKS to all the members too because I'm learning so much about my skin and what's good for it from you!! It is fantastic to finally come across a quality forum where we can share our experiences with skincare ranges and get help for all our skin care woes and as Mabsy pointed out reading the post and reviews can be an * spam alert * (or in my case form an * spam alert *!!)..... I think my Xmas wishlist is going to need a shortlist Very Happy I came across EDS by just browsing for places to buy Phytomer products online as I have just started using a basic range (their cleanser, day and night moisturiser and sunscreen) which is doing great things for my skin at the moment!

I have yet to place my order on EDS (which may I add is fantastic value for our AUD!!) before Xmas to replenish my night and day creams as well as round up some info to get some other little extras....and from all the posts I am reading from Leiladao, chunlisa, Barbara Portno and Mabsy, I am finding the Valmont Renewing Pack and Cellcosmet Contour Cream very enticing !! The Dermalogica Clay Cleanser also sounds really nice to try as I have always loved the tingly minty "wake up" sensation that the cleanser gives but I want to know if it will suit my skin type first.

I have normal to combination skin which when I'm taking care of it looks luminous, blemish free and even toned but when I'm dehydrated and not conscious of my fluid intake and with the added stress from doing shiftwork it can look dull, have little bumps caused by congestion and feel "dry". I came across the Phytomer range when I was in France on holidays a few months ago and it was recommended to me as an exceptional range to try. At the time I was using the Murad range in the travel pack which had 5 products and since starting the Phytomer, can see that it comes nowhere near the results that Phytomer produces.

I'm thankful that I was so into magazines when I was a teen (can anyone remember reading Dolly magazine ?? Very Happy) and luckily started to be skin-aware from around 16. I love beauty products and know what it can do for our skin when it comes to keeping it in top condition. It's funny convincing your mum to try a product or a different method of a regime because you think it will do wonders for her skin. I think I've finally come into a good thing with EDS as I now know that there are products I never knew existed that are worth investing in rather than splurging on commercially marketed products which may not work as well. I love the professional advise and information from resident skin experts like Magda and Caspers Mum and reading up on all the beauty "issues" we girls, not to mention the guys have ! Very Happy

Thanks for sharing all your experiences as you've made it so much fun to look after ourselves ! Very Happy
Mabsy

Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:52 am      Reply with quote
LOL. I remember Dolly; though my brain is still trying to repress those memories, especially those last pages with 'ask Dr Dolly' or whatever. Smile I always thought Dolly was an Australian magazine though, so not sure if other people are familiar with it.

Btw, have you tried the Phytomer Face Dew? It's my favourite toner nowadays; it smells like roses. Mmmmm....roses..... Smile

And yes, you must MUST *MUST* try the Valmont Renewing Pack, Cellcosmet eye cream (or cellcosmet anything really Smile), YonKa Gel Nettoyant, ah the list just goes on and on Smile
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Off topic but Summertimegirl, I hope you review some phytomer products in the future-- I haven't tried anything in this line and would especially like to know about the phytomer vegetal exfoliant and eye contour cream. Thanks Wink
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
HELLO GIRLS!!! And a Very Special Hello to Summertimegirl Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

I'm so sorry that I didn't reply to your wonderful posts earlier. You are all so kind, so sweet and so...dear to me more and more every day. I have been so busy...so so busy ...more than I ever wanted...and I'm under a huge amount of stress from heavy loads of work coming my way as the holidays season approaching. But I'm o.k, totally o.k. and my skin...is still clear and bright and calm and happy. Now I can focus in more important thing like...making a wishlist for Xmas...hee...hee...hee...

Mabsy, I have not ordered my Cellcosmet Special yet ( 'til I receive my bonus cheque of the year, pray it will big enough to cover my ...beauty expense) but I promise you, that will be the first thing I will order ( before they will be sold out, EDS, could I have one set reserved for me as a special treat for a loyal fan, PLEASE !!!) But, Mabsy, I just got for myself on your recommendation ( guess what ) Prescriptive Magic Liquid Powder and I just love it. As much as you and your mighty minty twin ( you know who) love everything minty, I just fall in love with anything that is soothing and this powder is just phenomenal. You dab it on your face and feel like just being sprinkled with morning dew. I don't like the brush that comes with the jar though so I just use my JI brush. It stays so fresh on my skin all day. I love it. I love it. I love it. It's really magic and you are an angel. No doubt!!!

Barbara, you always make me feel so special. Do you have any idea that indirectly you lead us to wonderful skincare lines like Valmont and Cellcosmet. If anyone has time to read all the past reviews, one can clearly see it's your reviews of these ptds which were very honest that made us believe. I believe you, Barbara. And I remember always one of your famous quote:" A beautiful girl doesn't need expensive clothes but just a sweet face." Translated to my own language:" Eventhough I'm not beautiful but if I know how to take care of my skin and use good ptds in order to have a sweet and clean face, it's still worth my money than spending it on trendy clothes, because good skin is always fashionable." Is it right, Barbara?

Thoughtcrime, if there's one person whose opinion and observation of the effectiveness of a ptd and about what's in it I can totally trust, it's YOU. And I really admire your "beauty philosophy" that you are not always want to be with "the mast majority".That's something I still have to work hard on...to protect my...weak heart Sad and my small savings :P. Please keep posting your great reviews of anything that catches your attention. We listen to you!

Chunlisa, my comrade, I'm so happy that you like Valmont Renewing Pack so much. I use it every morning now right after washing my face and I feel so renewed, so refreshed, so happy. I've just developed a new habit of touching my skin once in a while to feel how smooth it is. I know it sounds so vain but ...a girl can have a little vanity in her blood to be a real girly one, don't you agree! About your nickname, your beauty nickname that is, I have a feeling that it will be getting longer and longer as long as you still here with EDS. Now, it should be YONKALOGICAMONT GIRL.

Summertimegirl, thank you for such a wonderful post. It makes me feel so warm. I really enjoy reading your posts. I learned a lot about hair threading from you. Actually, my neighbor who has a beauty salon tried this method of hair removing on me quite a few times. Body hair is not a problem to me so I never have tried waxing. I just want to have better hairline and shapely eyebrows and this is the most gentle way to remove facial hair, I highly recommended. No chemical involved and no intrusive plucking, no torturing sugaring or waxing way for my sensitive skin. But I don't know if I can do it myself. Summertimegirl, we can't wait 'til you post your reviews of your favorite Phytomer. I have tried the Face Dew and the Accept Cream and I really like both of them, they are one of the best for sensitive, allergic-prone skin like mine. Which Phytomer are you using right now, may I ask?

I have to stop right here eventhough I still have many things to say ...Bye for now girls and guys, too...Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Leiladao,
Thanks for the thoughtful words, how genuinely sweet you are. You see everyone's best qualities. BTW I hope your new look at the salon with the shaggy bangs turned out cool. Wink
Mabsy

Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:45 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by leiladao
I'm so sorry that I didn't reply to your wonderful posts earlier. You are all so kind, so sweet and so...dear to me more and more every day. I have been so busy...so so busy ...more than I ever wanted...and I'm under a huge amount of stress from heavy loads of work coming my way as the holidays season approaching. But I'm o.k, totally o.k. and my skin...is still clear and bright and calm and happy. Now I can focus in more important thing like...making a wishlist for Xmas...hee...hee...hee...

Mabsy, I have not ordered my Cellcosmet Special yet ( 'til I receive my bonus cheque of the year, pray it will big enough to cover my ...beauty expense) but I promise you, that will be the first thing I will order ( before they will be sold out, EDS, could I have one set reserved for me as a special treat for a loyal fan, PLEASE !!!) But, Mabsy, I just got for myself on your recommendation ( guess what ) Prescriptive Magic Liquid Powder and I just love it. As much as you and your mighty minty twin ( you know who) love everything minty, I just fall in love with anything that is soothing and this powder is just phenomenal. You dab it on your face and feel like just being sprinkled with morning dew. I don't like the brush that comes with the jar though so I just use my JI brush. It stays so fresh on my skin all day. I love it. I love it. I love it. It's really magic and you are an angel. No doubt!!!

Hey Leila,

I know how you feel being snowed under with work. But look on the bright side, the more you get done now the better you'll feel come Xmas when you've got it all out of the way. I'm planing to submit my thesis before Xmas (work permitting) so I can have a nice guilt-free time Smile

I'm so glad you got Magic Powder! How cool is it!? I agree, the brush is absolutely hopeless though I like how it slides into the lid, very clever. I use my BE brush with it instead. Make sure you keep the lid closed VERY tightly. The moisture has a tendency of evaporating leaving you with just normal powder. Although I read somewhere that when that happens you can add a tiny bit of water and shake it around with the powder and it returns to its 'original' state. Haven't tried it though 'coz mine's still nice and wet Smile

Good luck with work Smile

Mabsy
Navaid

Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:47 am      Reply with quote
edited by Magda
reason:
commercialized promotional post
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by thoughtcrime
Off topic but Summertimegirl, I hope you review some phytomer products in the future-- I haven't tried anything in this line and would especially like to know about the phytomer vegetal exfoliant and eye contour cream. Thanks Wink

It's been a few weeks since I've had my dose of EDS, and like Leiladao work has been so crazy for me as everyone is "wrapping" up the year in preparation for the holiday season. I've really missed my "beauty fix" in reading the posts :PVery Happy
Leiladao, you summed it up perfectly when you said that we all have our own particular beauty philosophy. I just love it that we can share it !!!
There's such a fantastic girlie kin-ship on this forum.
Thoughtcrime, you are the person I will be getting my advice from when I decide to go "brazilian" this summer -- hope I can leave my self-consciousness at the door !!!
I just posted my review on the Phytomer products I use. Sorry it took me a while to reply. :P:P

I hope everyone is doing really well.
Mabsy, hope your thesis went well too and you're finally stress freeee!!

xx SmileVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |