Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: PSF Skincare - Excellent!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
southernsun
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Nice review, thank you. Reminds me to test more PSF, since the only thing I know is the Berry Beneficial Serum. The Papaya Mask sounds like "must-try", I have to make a notice for my next order.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, I love it too!
Maggiehgz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:23 am      Reply with quote
I had ordered the skincare kits and coming soon, thanks for your sharing.
vacarno
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 12:39 am      Reply with quote
i will try O2 serum in my next order after looked over so many reviews, Yes, definitely~! Smile
beetlebugs
5% products discount

Wed May 13, 2009 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Heard lotsa raves about this product & am keen to try out my 1st Vitamin C Serum. Am now deciding between PSF & Vivier. Anyone tried both before & care to share the results?

By the way, am in my early 30s with normal to dry fair skin tone & freckles/ pigmentation. Really need to start on Vitamin C Serums for anti-aging.
edseds2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I used one sample of the cleaning cream, the amile is good, and I like it. Smile
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 12:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm considering a moisturiser from PSF. Have been using their green tea cleanser, castile cleanser, eye cream and R & R toner. After trying H2O's marine toner, i realised that i didn't really seem to suit their toner and may have to go back to ordering more of R & R toner. the only thing i didn't like is that it's more of a spray toner but it's been very soothing on my skin.

I need to find out about the Perfecting Day Lotion for Normal to dry skin. Is this a water-based or cream based lotion? Is it more gel-like and clear colored or white colored like cream? I'm looking for a more gel-based watery type of moisturiser and not the creamy kind which doesn't seem to work very well for me. I am currently using H2O which is ok but somehow I am still get break outs which I suspect was caused by the toner. Am experimenting things by using R & R instead and see if my skin gets better.
etreystman

Mon May 24, 2010 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried the PSF balancing oil and it is phenomenal! My T-zone is super oily and I saw a reduction in oil within about 2 days. It is interesting to know that their products are good for dry skin too.

I am also thinking about trying the R & R toner but I am always cautious when something says "suitable for all skin types" because it just seems too broad to possibly be effective. Has anyone tried it on combo or oily skin?
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 1:55 am      Reply with quote
The O2 dosen't work for me. Sad
vinco
5% products discount

Sat May 29, 2010 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I'm definitely going to try their products.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I used to be a huge fan of PSF! I absolutely loved their Cranberry Eye gel - when it was packaged in a green pump bottle. Then they switched to white pump dispensers and I could not get anything out of that thing. It was a complete waste of money! Then, few weeks ago (around Mothers Day) they had a sale and I decided to give PSF another try. I contacted the company to inquire about the bottle issues and was told that everything has been fixed. So - I ordered again. Now - the gel is coming out of the bottle, but it is almost 'exploding' out of the dispenser and it's coming out in huge amounts (at least 4 x more than what I need). Such a huge waste of product. I am sure this bottle is not going to last me more than 20-25 applications. When I compare that to the green bottle that lasted me months and months, and probably hundreds and hundreds applications . . . . . Needless to say - I am disappointed.

Plus, I don't think the cranberry gel is working nearly as well as is the original formula did (3-4 years ago). It just doesn't give the same lift to the eye.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
bel
5% products discount

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes, I had the same problem as rubby. One squirt and the amount came out can be used for more than 3 times of applications. To prevent wasting, I put my one of my left fingers under the nozzle while my right finger push down gently. I find that helps to minimise the amount dispensed but of cos' there are times where it does 'explode' out Wink
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:13 am      Reply with quote
did anyone write in to complain about the packaging problem? this is quite major and i feel someone should inform Darren about it.

Speaking of which, PSF is a small company right? But is it like a sole-proprietor run small set up? i have this strange impression Darren is the "scientist-dermalogist" coming up with new formulas in his garage-turned-laboratory.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
jumbosstar42 wrote:
did anyone write in to complain about the packaging problem? this is quite major and i feel someone should inform Darren about it.

Speaking of which, PSF is a small company right? But is it like a sole-proprietor run small set up? i have this strange impression Darren is the "scientist-dermalogist" coming up with new formulas in his garage-turned-laboratory.

I personally love PSF! I've been a huge fan from when they started out! In the beginning I do believe it was Darren's baby however I've been keeping up with their growth (and I've lost track of how many years I've been buying this stuff!) and it has been nothing short of impressive. I know they've always had a cosmetic chemist for formulating and I also know that they are registered with the FDA because I inquired about the safety of some of their more naturally preserved products and Chad, a customer service rep that has helped me many times, informed me of this. To be honest, not sure where you're getting at with your statement but seems like you are trying to discredit the company??? Seen a few of your other posts lately that are similiar. Kinda sounds like you have a bone to pick with Darren/PSF? I don't mean anything by it but this is a company and a line that I realy like and belive in and that just kinda sounded personal? If you don't like the company or their products then maybe find a line that better suits you? I personally love the line and have left it several times only to come back for more. You just can't beat their quailty and pricing. And I personally wouldn't buy products if I didn't know they were made by a reputable company. I especially love that they are are a small company and I've enjoyed seeing them grow yet still stay "small" at heart. Smile

Some of my favs:
Lightening Serum
Green Tea Cleanser
02 Serum
Copper Peptide Serum
Eye Cream
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:24 am      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:

I personally love PSF! I've been a huge fan from when they started out! In the beginning I do believe it was Darren's baby however I've been keeping up with their growth (and I've lost track of how many years I've been buying this stuff!) and it has been nothing short of impressive. I know they've always had a cosmetic chemist for formulating and I also know that they are registered with the FDA because I inquired about the safety of some of their more naturally preserved products and Chad, a customer service rep that has helped me many times, informed me of this. To be honest, not sure where you're getting at with your statement but seems like you are trying to discredit the company??? Seen a few of your other posts lately that are similiar. Kinda sounds like you have a bone to pick with Darren/PSF? I don't mean anything by it but this is a company and a line that I realy like and belive in and that just kinda sounded personal? If you don't like the company or their products then maybe find a line that better suits you? I personally love the line and have left it several times only to come back for more. You just can't beat their quailty and pricing. And I personally wouldn't buy products if I didn't know they were made by a reputable company. I especially love that they are are a small company and I've enjoyed seeing them grow yet still stay "small" at heart. Smile

Some of my favs:
Lightening Serum
Green Tea Cleanser
02 Serum
Copper Peptide Serum
Eye Cream

hi doodlebug,
i think you took my comments the wrong way. i AM a fan of PSF and am still using their products. For me, they can only be purchased on EDS as it is not available where I live.

When i mentioned what I did above, i was merely thinking out loud... ramblings i guess... this is just the kind of impression i get from the company based on their packaging design, bottles, etc. this is the impression I get from the company. and it is only MY impression. But this does not make me not want to buy their products. i still love PSF for their organic, natural ingredients and very reasonable price.

i think you took what i said the wrong way. i am also quite surprised that Darren has not been very active on the forum. i know he used to be based on past discussions. I know his passion in PSF from the way he wrote the messages.

But i have to admit my impression of their products have been affected by some feedback from past users (from above responses). I had intended to get their moisturiser but no one replied so i guess less people use PSF now... so i am trying something else for the moisturiser.

lastly i am really not trying to discredit the company. i love PSF and wish more people know of this brand in Singapore.

I am using:
Eye cream
Green tea cleanser
Castile cleanser
R & R toner (which i've run out and need replenishment)
bonheurgirl
5% products discount

Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:14 am      Reply with quote
oh, it is amazing. I LOVE them.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Gentle Castille Cleanser, Firming Toner, DMAE gel and Vit C serum.

I ordered the O2 Rescue Serum, but won't re-order. I didn't find it did much and is expensive. I've used it for minor scrapes and blemishes, but I really don't think it did much.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I've been very pleased with the PSF products I've tried.

The papaya enzyme cleanser is great: i have somewhat acne prone skin, but my skin can go from "oily" to "dry, peeling desert" quickly if I use too many acne-fighting products. the cleanser is soap free, and has hyaluronic acid so even though it's intended for acne-prone or oily skin types, it doesn't dry me out at all.

The clarifying toner is also wonderful. Is non-drying, and has a lovely light scent. I like that it is in a spray bottle: I hate paying for a toner, then watching most of it go into the trash can on a damp cotton ball. I added a pump of pangea organics facial oil to the bottle, and like to spritz it on after cleansing and again after using mineral makeup powder. (adding a touch of oil makes it comparable to another product I like--caudalie beauty elixir--but this is much more cost effective and has the anti-acne properties as well).

I also use the 5% BHA as a spot treatment. i find it more effective (it absorbs fully) and less drying than 2% salicylic gels commonly available @ drugstores. plus, the 2oz bottle lasts forever.

I ran out of the cleanser and toner, and noticed an uptick in blemishes and redness, so I'm back for more!
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I may have to revisit my opinion on the O2 Spray. I have had shingles a couple of times. I was left with a scar/discoloration at my waist on my back. I started to spray the spot with O2 spray and it is fading. Nothing else has worked on this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:58 am      Reply with quote
I like PSF so far- their customer service has been very good!
They sent me a bunch of samples I asked for (and to Canada too Smile

The product I can not use from PSF is the sulfur mask-it burns my skin,I know it is from the essential oils in it, because I used to use a similar mask from Serious skincare and have not been able to use that one any more since they added more oils and made that stronger.

I can only use a plain sulfur mask (mario badescu one).

But so far I bought the 100% hyaluronic acid serum and really like that-it is a weird product though-I tried to use it by itself and find it does not work well like that and your skin feels a bit dryer later.
But using that mixed into my regular face cream or eye cream is really good.
Also the product you need so little and is affordable.

When I have less eye creams I went to try the PSF eye products,they sound so good.

I also saw on the PSF site, they sell perfumes and you can get a "mystery" perfume for $5 and I got a sample of the women pheromone one and it smelled very nice-and light.
not sure if it works to attract people but it does smell nice.
(for attracting people, Bvlagi perfumes work best for me,with Bvlgari even strangers on the bus ask me what perfume I wear...it is so weird).

Before i forget, PSF they have a discount code if you are on their facebook, but that only works through their website.
POPO
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:50 am      Reply with quote
great review, i will go with O2 serum and Cranberry Eye gel for my next order. Laughing
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
It took me almost 9 months, but I finally got my husband to try the PSF for normal/oily skin. It has made a tremendous difference in his skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:16 am      Reply with quote
POPO wrote:
great review, i will go with O2 serum and Cranberry Eye gel for my next order. Laughing

The Cranberry eye gel was the first eye treatment product I had ordered from PSF/EDS. I have a lot of eye products and I am impressed with this one. More impressive than Clarins and Shiseido for me.

I also have the lipbalms with spf. I also got the clearing mask with sulfer.

I would be willing to try more products and I am happy that EDS has the line.

Did the PSF offer sample or travel sizes for sale at one time? It is great that I received small products from EDS (thanks again!) but I am willing to buy smaller size products to try.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:18 am      Reply with quote
you must put cream or lotion after apply hyaluronic acid serum. Hyaluronic acid serum cannot use alone.

Ottawa Shopper wrote:

But so far I bought the 100% hyaluronic acid serum and really like that-it is a weird product though-I tried to use it by itself and find it does not work well like that and your skin feels a bit dryer later.
Also the product you need so little and is affordable.

When I have less eye creams I went to try the PSF eye products,they sound so good.

I also saw on the PSF site, they sell perfumes and you can get a "mystery" perfume for $5 and I got a sample of the women pheromone one and it smelled very nice-and light.
not sure if it works to attract people but it does smell nice.
(for attracting people, Bvlagi perfumes work best for me,with Bvlgari even strangers on the bus ask me what perfume I wear...it is so weird).

Before i forget, PSF they have a discount code if you are on their facebook, but that only works through their website.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
so far I bought the 100% hyaluronic acid serum and really like that-it is a weird product though-I tried to use it by itself and find it does not work well like that and your skin feels a bit dryer later.

I did write that I mix the hyaluronic serum into other products.
maybe you missed reading that?

PSF also has some really nice perfumes.
So far I have bought the Cucumber one and orange blossom.
The cucumber perfume smells just like fresh cucumber- light and herbal.
I used to buy a cucumber perfume oil from a French shop and it was discontinued.
All I could find afterwards in other stores was "cucumber melon" or other blends I did not like.

the orange blossom perfume smells like orange blossom/neroli - no other way to really describe it.

The mystery perfumes I got so far are:

Cotton candy (smells like cotton candy)
Raspberry (really nice,not overly sweet,would buy this at full price)
Lilly of the Valley (is fine if you like flowers)
Green tea- that one is not listed on their site. smells more green than tea, still nice
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |