Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Olay's regenerist's microdermabrasion system-RAVE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
After reading ALL raves about Olay's regenerist microdermabrasion & peel system, I finally bought it at our local drugstore for $27.99, which gives you about 8 weeks of treatments. I read that it is exactly like Philosophy's but I have never used it so I can't compare the 2 systems.

I did as the directions told.

1) Step One - I appied the derma crystals to clean, dry face and massaged all over my face for about 45 second - 1 minute.

2) Step Two - I applied a thick layer of the activator serum which instantly foams and I felt instant warmth but it only lasted a few seconds for both on me. I massaged for about a minute over the crystals then I rinsed with warm water and a wash cloth. My face was baby soft! Just like after using Epidermx but this was about half price! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Smile keep us posted.. i like to hear good things about products that work and that wont be as much as a mortgage payment. Wink
SaffronRouge
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the review, i have been tempted by this product for awhile now!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Oh, this could be tempting to try. Sassyred can you post the ingredients list?

One microderm product I can definately NOT recommend is the Origins one... oh god it was awful stuff. I had a sample and I guess I have just been spoiled by Epidermx or something. Origins was slimy and .. and.. oh yuk (oh and I never had that baby soft feel afterward)
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:07 am      Reply with quote
i would like to try the oil of olay's so polished product. its new.. i just cant leave my skin alone.. i have to try everthing. it's a wonder i still have any skin left. Embarassed
Arrow lassie 2345
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I’ve never used any kind of microdermabrasion or peel, but I picked up the Olay kit this morning at Walgreens based on Sassy’s recommendation. I know that she’s got to be a savvy consumer since she was running her own business for a while, so I figured she wouldn’t give a glowing review for something unless it was really special!

I was planning to do the kit this morning when I got to work – at 5am, I’m the only one in the building so I would’ve had the ladies’ room to myself – since today was one of the days I didn’t plan to wear any makeup other than a slick of one of my new beloved Smashbox tinted lip treatment on my kisser and a sweep of Ardell on the lashes, but the directions on the box said you need to use a washcloth to wipe off the remnants of the peel when you’re done and I didn’t figure that a wet paper towel from the dispenser in the loo would work quite as well.

Anyway, now I’m wondering if this Olay Regenerist M-D-A peel would give me any noticeable results because one the package it says that this system provides the following results:

• Gently resurfaces skin’s texture
• Activates surface cell renewal
• Conditions skin to leave it feeling soft and smooth
• Visibly improves skin tone
• Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

I really don’t have any fine lines or wrinkles that need to be diminished (!) and my skin tone already looks pretty damn good to me in the first place, thanks to regular use of my latest homemade skincare concoction DHSBSSFM.

So I guess my question really is: who are the target users for this type of skincare system and who would reap the biggest benefits? Is it okay for me to use this now, or should I wait until I have some lines and wrinkles that I need to target? What kind of results should I expect to see? Also, remember that I have seriously oily skin so I have an aversion to using any type of moisturizer because they all make my face feel even more greasy than usual (yes, even so-called “oil-free” formulations!). Is my face going to crack and fall off if I don’t apply some type of thick moisturizing lotion or cream following the use of the Olay system? If I *must* apply something, would it be acceptable to smooth on a thin layer of my Dermalogica Multi-Vitamin Power Recovery Mask instead? That’s about the only “moisturizer” that I’m willing to tolerate....

I feel silly asking these questions after passing myself off as a pseudo-expert on taking care of one’s skin, but I really don’t understand how these type of products differ from regular manual exfoliation from other AHA and BHA masks and scrubs....

Help!!

TIA,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Um, Carrie... what is DHSBSSFM? Laughing
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:10 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Um, Carrie... what is DHSBSSFM? Laughing
Dr. Holland’s Super Brightening Super Sonic Facial Mask

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for reviewing this....sounds interesting! I'll be making a quick stop on my way home from work to pick this up!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I used the system this morning and...nothing. Nothing bad happened to my skin, but as far as I can tell, it didn’t really cause any “Wow!” effect either. I don’t know what I was expecting, but my skin didn’t look any different this morning then it does after I use my DHSBSSFM every day. Maybe the Olay system works better or gives more noticeable results to users who don’t already use any AHA or BHA mask/scrubs on a regular basis...? I think I’ll use it on my mom this weekend since she doesn’t use any type of masks or scrubs on a regular basis (yes, I make and give my homemade stuff to my mom, it’s just that she never uses them because “it’s too much work”! This is the woman who washes her face with Dial soap and uses a product called “Pretty Feet and Hands” to exfoliate her face!!!) so she ought to see some kind of dramatic difference afterwards. After that, I think I’ll take the whole kit back to Walgreens and get my money back....

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I thought I wrote up/posted back to you yesterday but apparently I didn't submit!

Carrie - I don't think any of the manual/chemical exfoliants are that different! I have used AHA, BHA, MDB creams, Lactic acid peels, TCA, Glycolic...the results for me are the same, smooth skin. They are used to turn over the cell renewal faster. Since you have oily skin you might do just fine with BHA as dry skin like me likes glycolic/AHA and sensitive skin does better with Lactic acid.

In the long run it is just a personal preference and I think people just need to try a few things and see what they like. Wink

pssss....for those who love Philosophy's system at $65 this apparently is the same for alot less...

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |