Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Questions about different peels
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lela
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I am looking into different peels...my primary concerns being hyperpigmentation (from melasma) and large pores. I tried the aspirin mask - which I liked. I have also had glycolic peels done by an esthetician - but I don't know what %. I have being considering getting the MD Skincare Facial Peeling Pads - or the Avon ones...and PSF Pumpkin Peel Mask (thanks to the advice of Faith!)

However, I am thinking I want to start doing something stronger..maybe a TCA 12.5% or a strong glycolic peel. Does anybody have any advice? Does anybody know what kind of peels work best for hyperpigmentation/large pores? Can TCA peels make hyperpigmentation worse? Where is a good place to order these things?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I am also thinking about buying the pumpkin peel mask from PSF. But, I am not sure I need it. With all the products I am using on my face already, would using a peel make my skin even better? Would it be too much? How do you guys know when you need to have a peel?
Sorry that I have so many questions. I am very eager to learn Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Just have to insert my $.02 about peels here.

I've used everything from the MUAC glycolic/lactics to MD Formulations and I recently picked up the Juice Beauty Green Apple one since everyone from MUA to Sephora was raving about it. I have to say... it's *awesome*

My skin had been looking horrible... dull, dry and yet oily with terrible clogged pores all over my forehead. With three uses my face looks great (if abit flaky from overzealous usage.)

If you're looking for a wonderful and inexpensive peel, try it out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Lela wrote:
I am looking into different peels...my primary concerns being hyperpigmentation (from melasma) and large pores. I tried the aspirin mask - which I liked. I have also had glycolic peels done by an esthetician - but I don't know what %. I have being considering getting the MD Skincare Facial Peeling Pads - or the Avon ones...and PSF Pumpkin Peel Mask (thanks to the advice of Faith!)

However, I am thinking I want to start doing something stronger..maybe a TCA 12.5% or a strong glycolic peel. Does anybody have any advice? Does anybody know what kind of peels work best for hyperpigmentation/large pores? Can TCA peels make hyperpigmentation worse? Where is a good place to order these things?

I think, depending on you skin tone, TCA peels would get rid of hyperpigmentation the fastest, but I would not do this myself if you haven't had one prior; you simply don't know how your skin will peel. I use 30-40% glycolic acid peels all by myself though, and love them. With regular peels, I think you would see an improvment in 3-6 months.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:40 am      Reply with quote
hi everyone

I WATCHED A TV PROGRAMME HOSTED BY A DR DENESE WHO IS AN EXPERT ON SKIN CARE - HER BEST ADVICE TO LADIES WAS EXFOLIATION - SHE MENTIONS THAT YOU SHOULD USE GLYCOLIC PADS EVERY NIGHT AND MICRODEBRASSION ONCE TO TWICE A WEEK - CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ANY GOOD GLYCOLIC PADS TO USE - THANK YOU
lola
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I saw the same thing about 2 months ago. I did a bit of research and came up with two options. One is to either buy her products from QVC, she has the Glycolic Pads in her line. The other option is to buy the pads from Peter Thomas Roth, they are sold at Sephora. About 2 months ago I bought the Max Complexion Correction Pads from Peter Thomas Roth. This kind has 10% Glycolic Acid and 2% Salicylic acid. I've noticed my pores to be much smaller and my skin much smoother.
Good luck!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
rosyb wrote:
hi everyone

I WATCHED A TV PROGRAMME HOSTED BY A DR DENESE WHO IS AN EXPERT ON SKIN CARE - HER BEST ADVICE TO LADIES WAS EXFOLIATION - SHE MENTIONS THAT YOU SHOULD USE GLYCOLIC PADS EVERY NIGHT AND MICRODEBRASSION ONCE TO TWICE A WEEK - CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ANY GOOD GLYCOLIC PADS TO USE - THANK YOU

Pure Skin Formulation's Pumpkin Peel is the best home product I have ever used. I LOVE it! If you are looking for glycolic pads Avon Anew's pads are excellent. You can get them on Ebay for around 15.00. If I remember correctly they are 10% glycolic acid. Personally I would never use microdermabrasion on my skin but perhaps once a month. In my case I have fragile skin. In the past I tried such a product and it actually scratched my face. If you have any tendency at all to broken capillaries I would suggest never use or have microderm. or be extremely careful. My broken capillaries are barely visable but after doing home microdermabrasion they resurfaced and took much patients to rid myself of. Microdermabrasion can be very helpful for people with pigmentation problems or acne scars.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |