Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need to vent
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Gripe! Gripe! This is the story of my dishwasher. I bought a new dishwasher two weeks ago. Buying was easy, but it was a difficult delivery. On Tuesday, the deliverymen came and opened the box, only to find that the machine was damaged. Another delivery was scheduled for Thursday. On that day, two other deliverymen came, then realized that they didn't have in their truck the machine that I bought. Both came into my house to call their manager, and three hours later I realized that my wallet was no longer in my purse. I looked everywhere, and had to accept that it was gone. The only two people who came to my house that day were the deliverymen, and the door is always locked. Let's say that it makes for a very short list of suspects...
I went to the police, and they asked me to get the Deliveries Manager call them; the Deliveries Manager's position is that he will only talk to the police if THEY call him.
I am having so much fun. Everything was in my wallet.
Thank you for letting me vent. And one last thing: don't assume that deliverymen are all honest people.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Linnie,
Oh no sounds like you're having a right time of it. Shock Hope it gets sorted out and that you get your purse back.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Oh you poor thing, what a difficult situation.
I hope it all sorts out for you, there is nothing worse than when something like this happens.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear your wallet was stolen. Have the delivery manager call the police??? Sounds like the police don't want to do their job!

Hope it all works out.

-Cheri
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Oh gosh that sucks..BIG TIME! Mad
I hope the police can help. In the meantime perhaps it will help knowing what "goes around, comes around." The thief will get theirs in the end, it always works that way.
Sorry for your hassles. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:30 am      Reply with quote
That is a horrendous story. You poor thing.I bet you could skin them alive. What a disgusting way to behave. They took advantage of your trust that they had come from an honourable company to do a job for you. I would be standing outside of there shop now if I were you with as many of my friends I could gather and telling all potential customers about what happened. I would also go to the papers. That company stinks.
Hope you get it sorted.
Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Oh Linnie that's terrible! So sorry to hear what happened to you. As for the police insisting that the Mgr should call them, well, that's unheard of! They should get off their behinds and get to work. I hope the situation is resolved quickly and to your satisfaction.

BTW If you haven't already I suggest you call your credit card companies right away to avert other possible problems.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for your encouragements and sympathy.
Of course, I have cancelled all my cards and am in the process of getting new ones.
I told as many people I know about the company. Of course, I will never deal with them again, and will ask that the extended warranty be cancelled. I will also send them a letter asking for reimbursement of the money, the cost of a new wallet, the cost for getting new copies of car registration, drivers' licence and so on. I also contacted the credit bureaus to let them know that most of my IDs were stolen, which puts me at risk for identity theft.
I left a message for the police agent who took my complaint to let her know that the store is willing to cooperate but only if the police makes the first contact.
Thanks again.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
End of the story: Two different managers from the company have contacted me in November and made offers for compensation. I had to laugh when all that they were offering was some gift certificates not even covering a third of what that little incident had cost me. When I said that a judge at small claims court would be more generous, things suddenly got serious, and I was offered a cheque for more than I wanted. Which I accepted, of course. Doesn't mean, though, that I will stop telling my story. After all, when we allow deliverymen into our houses, we never know whom we are dealing with and we have to be careful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I like the comment about the judge! Hehe...good for you, I'm glad things worked out.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Linnie -

What company was this? Was it one of those huge home improvement chains like "Lowes" or "Home Depot"?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
The company is Québec-based Brault & Martineau.It has about 20 mega-stores in Québec.
And I forgot to mention that the two deliverymen were fired, because there were already complaints against them. Not for theft, though, but rudeness and damage to property during deliveries.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |