Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Lush
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Anyone tried Lush products? Their angels on bare skin looks interesting.With Almonds like DrH its an exfoliater and got great reviews on vogue.com.au Very Happy
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi!
I've used Lush products. I like the bathing products especially the bath melts (Ceridwens cauldron) and the butterball bath bomb. I've tried the skincare and its ok - I loved the fresh papaya mask (enzynamite) but they stopped doing it. Sad - It was a bit like PSFs pumpkin mask, but fresh so you had to keep it in the fridge. The Babyface cleanser broke me out - badly - in these weird little tiny bumps under the skin that took ages and ages to go and only then after using a glycolic regime for a while. I tried a sample of the angels on bare skin - it was ok - no way as good as the Dr H though. I've also tried the Imperialis moisturiser and wasn't overly impressed - again it was 'fine' but nothing special. The fresh farmacy soap/cleanser was quite good but REALLY messy to use!!!
So over all - like the bathing products - would give the skincare a miss, but everyones different! Hope that helps! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:06 am      Reply with quote
When I was in Manchester I passed the Lush shop and had a look inside, I can't say anything really appealed to me, it all looked kind of messy....the smells were good though Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Rosebud - most of it IS messy! LOL! Laughing
Anyone tempted to try the bath products be warned while most of the products smell beautiful and are good for your skin - if your bath isn't spotless (and I mean sterile!! Laughing ) the bathing products will stain the tub though it does come off with lots of elbow grease and a good cleaning product (but not very relaxing post soak!)- Its like those tablets that you chew after cleaning your teeth - it shows up teeny tiny bits you may have missed!!!). By the way - I HATED the glittery products - gets everywhere - glitter for days, sticks to you horribly and made me itch - had 3 showers after a bath and still couldn't get the darn stuff all off - people were asking me for days if I had been to a party cos I still sparkled! Glitter all over me, the house and the cat! (He likes to jump in the bath when its empty to have a drink (tsk!) and he did before I'd got all the glitter off (took AGES!) - he sparkled for ages!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:06 am      Reply with quote
The Butterball and Fairy Jasmine bath bombs are both wonderful. Smell gorgeous and leave your skin feeling lovely and soft.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Bet your cat looked ever so pretty, though, Lucia. Laughing
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Majorb - Laughing - he did but he scowled a lot when we mentioned it!LOL!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a LUSH devotee... I happen to love quite a few of their facial care products. The Angels on Bareskin is one of them, I've purchased it a now nearly innumerable amount of times. Smells lovely and works very nicely.

Some other facial care favourites are:

Mask of Magnaminty (slap it on as a mask and look like a sea monster and then wash it off as a scrub.)

BioFresh Masks (Cool-io, Crashcourse in Skincare, Cosmetic Warrior) All of the BioFresh (refridgerated masks) are fantastic. I happen to think the newer collection, Brazen Honey, Cupcake, have a weird note to them and thus prefer the oldschool varieties such as Cosmetic Warrior. However, they all work very well and I know tons of people adore the scent of Cupcake. FYI - I keep them in the fridge for much longer than the suggested time and they stay fresh and just as viable. When you factor in the amount of what you get in a pot + how long it REALLY lasts, it's a great price.

Fresh Farmacy - calamine soap which works very well for problem skin, very soothing.

Aquamarina - Squishy, slightly strange smelling, but, great and soothing mask.

Ocean Salt - Divine texture and leaves skin smooth and moisturized feeling. Very scratchy salt, not for sensitive skin at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Heh heh! I can just picture him now, Lucia. Even my girly little cat would never speak to me again if that happened to her. Such indignity! Shock Laughing
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I also love Aquamarina & Mask of Magnaminty. Very Happy

Oh, and Buffy the Backside Slayer is great for the body!!! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Natalie is working at Lush factory at moment, gift wrapping Xmas stuff. My house smells absolutely lush at moment Exclamation
I have sent Carrie some lush bath bombs but I had to put bath salts on package cos I thought customs might over react if they saw the word bomb. Rolling Eyes I just hope she likes them.
One of her brothers (Nat not Carrie)stuck a red bath bomb in his bath, when he came downstairs after he said it looked like somebody had slit there wrists in it. I don't think he's going to try that colour again. Shock

5% products discount

Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I Lush
Their bath bombs and melts and whatever else they have for bathing is soo cool. I love the ones that comes with bits and you end up sitting in a purple or blue coloured bath with flowers floating around you Surprised

I have also been using their Imperialis moisturiser for about a year on and off. It works if you want something nice and simple that doesn't make promises it can't keep. I was really keen for something like that after trying Creme de la Mer and being sorely disappointed after it made my skin 15 times worse!! Imperialis has a beautiful light texture and the smell is amazing.

But yeah.. Lush rocks!

Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I like their soaps mainly, Angels on Bare Skin is also nice and their fresh masks are great. Apart from that I'm not a fan, but the fresh masks are *really* good Smile

Btw, here's some other posts where you might find some recommendations for LUSH products:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2940
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3304
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6851

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
My hubby uses Red Rooster soap, I love the scent on him! The only scent I use (once in a while) is Kharma perfume by Lush. The Butterball? bath bomb and Candy bath melts are to die for!! When I'm in Vancouver I hit up a Lush for a foot mask because I walk so much at the park, beach and not to mention all shopping I have to do! I can't order it the interior of BC because they don't don't ship the products that need refrigeration so it's a real treat.

I've love Lush, the one downtown Vancouver on Robson is my fav. I'm not into the really scented facial and bodycare though. The facial cleansers all contain SLS or SLES so I stay wayyy far away from those.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |