Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Best foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Im looking for a medium coverage foundation that doesnt clog pores or cause pimples. My skin is normal-dry. Any suggestions?
product_junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Haven't tried any of these, but I have heard (and read) raves about :

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer
Erno Laszlo Absolute Finish SPF15
Lancome Absolue (hmm...similar name, similar texture, similar claims- I wonder)
MAC Studio Tech
Mary Kay Medium Coverage
...............please let us know if any of these (or anything else) works out for you.
Good Luck! Very Happy
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:45 am      Reply with quote
New MAC addict here. The Studio Tech foundation is great because you can maneuver it from light to full coverage and it keeps you dewy all day.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
First - have you tried mineral makeup? Mineral basics is good and doesn't clog pores and has a natural spf. I use this on special occasions because of the glow it gives and I have more time to apply it. I love smashbox seamless foundation - love it! It gives your skin a glow and leaves a satin finish as it is water based. You can get it on e bay or qvc or smashbox.com. I have tried them all, trust me, and this is the only one that doesn't settle into fine lines and when I smile and I have the squint lines - my makeup doesn't look like a wrinkled up old lady. I use the smashbox primer first and this really makes your makeup look perfect. Try it - you will love it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I like Mac, but I love my Aromaleigh better. I highly recommend that you try Aromaleigh. Their samples are cheap and they last.
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a Bobbi Brown fan. This line pushes women to abuse the counter ladies which is why I love them. You can pop by any time and get a full face of make-up done (how many people are sick of the 1/2 face makeover??).
BB foundations and undereye concealer are the best I've found and the colors really fade into your skin. The counter ladies (in my experience) don't push you to buy the whole kit and kaboddle, but honestly try to meet your needs. They will make up your face and you can just pick up a lip gloss. I can't say enough about this line and I just wish it weren't so expensive. I stick with the concealer and foundation and try other stuff from there. Very Happy Hope that helps!! TTFN

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:07 am      Reply with quote
A new lot I bought after trying the samples were by Guerlain - the Issima line, they have a cream and liquid foundation that are non drying and are supposed to be anti ageing. My skin always looks fresh when I've used these.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:46 am      Reply with quote
For make up range, I like Dior most although Guerlain and Estee Lauder are very good at make up too.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I have been using BE for about a month...I do like it but it is hard to get used to the coverage. I am used to medium coverage and this is really light....I do like that it has helped my skin clear up and it dosent feel heavy at all. I also use MAC foundation on special occasions....it is awesome. I have tried lots and this is the only one that I never have issue with.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I second aromaleigh.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:48 am      Reply with quote
I would highly reccommend lancome photogenic ultra comfort foundation. I have just got 2 samples of it over the weekend along with a few other of their foundations and this one is fantastic - i didnt think i could get better coverage than the clinique dewy smooth i was using without looking like i had shoveled it on. This lancome one gives excellent coverage and covers a monster of a spot which i squeezed repeatly over the course of 3 days! it is really moisutising but doesnt slide off ur face and lasts all day - i used to use Estee Lauder double wear but when i looked in the mirror after half an hour of applying it i looked about 10 years older as it sunk into every crack available - i think it was best for really young skin.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |