Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Emu Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
moeneek
5% products discount

Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone tried emu oil or a skin care line that uses emu oil?
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I bought some (1/3 oz) to try a week ago. I LOVE it.
FYI: I bought a home mircrodermabrasion kit and I've been using the emu oil after my moisturizer. It works great. The EMU oil takes whatever product on my face deeper into my skin. I normally have oily acne prone (at least monthly-acne prone) skin and I haven't broken out at all with this. The gentlemen did warn me not to put it on if I have makeup on as this will most likely cause a reaction - who wants their foundation go deep in their pores?
I use my oil both after the MD treatment and now at night after my nightly moisturizer and eye cream.
I'm sold on it. I also used it on my hands after I used the mircrodermabrasion on the backs (I saw Susan Lucci's infomercial and the lady was doing her hands...i figured it couldn't hurt and my hands feel fabulous. I am using the neutragena MD with the lite night cream, and EMU oil. I may not stick with Neutragena products...(I'm in 'trying stuff' mode), but the emu oil is a keeper.
Sorry this is sooooo long. I'm terrible with brevity. Razz
Hope that answers your question.

5% products discount

Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking of trying a skin care line with emu oil...like DREMU...but it is very expensive. Anyone tried DREMU? There is a product called Deception that sounds wonderful. It is suppose to hide wrinkles.
I think for now I'll try the emu oil with my moisturizer and see how that works first.

Thanks!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Now here is something else I want, I always thought emu oil was for dry skins. Does anyone know anywhere in Manchester Centre I can get this?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
i was thinking of getting some too.. how does this look?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5622779879&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I use a little emu oil at night over the haloxyl under my eyes. It is very rich and moisturizing. I tried a few times on my scalp
at night to stimulate hair growth (claimed on many sites that sell it). I haven't done this enough times to see an effect or maybe there is not one.
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Sharky, be careful in applying emu oil under your eyes as it may increase melanin and darken pigment there. I read it in a patent.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Fairlyfair wrote:
Sharky, be careful in applying emu oil under your eyes as it may increase melanin and darken pigment there. I read it in a patent.

how can it increase melenin? what ingredient in it? .. cuz i was using camellia oil under my eyes which has similar ingredients for a month..
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
how can they patent emu oil. for that matter how can it have the same ingredients as camellia oil? (Guapaboy has just realised that I am serious when I say it's made out of birds! Laughing)

I get mine from purpleemu.com. It's pure and refined, but is just the oil on it's own.

I use occasionally now because I'm using pure demming IG at night and there is only so much even I can put on my face Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
how can they patent emu oil. for that matter how can it have the same ingredients as camellia oil? (Guapaboy has just realised that I am serious when I say it's made out of birds! Laughing)

I get mine from purpleemu.com. It's pure and refined, but is just the oil on it's own.

I use occasionally now because I'm using pure demming IG at night and there is only so much even I can put on my face Very Happy

emu oil and camellia oil are both similar except camellia oil is composed mostly of oelic acid so its more penetrating.. and emu oil is composed mostly some other fatty acid.. from what i hear.. camellia oil is a better choice.
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:44 am      Reply with quote
i love it for my face down to the toes... i buy just the oil and a mix of shea butter and 20% of emu.. from a lady on ebay. all under ten us dollars.. she also sells micro crystal with which you can use with any of your creams, or cleansers. it's great. i dont use it as much as i use to. but wont be with out it. the only thing is it kinda smells. im goin to try a drop with a moisterizer just cuz of the smell. my mom who is older and much much wrinkler'y than me .. loves the mix of shea and emu..and i have to say her face does look better than it did months ago. i feel like going back to that. but i cant just stick to one product.. im a product junkie. Embarassed
Arrow lassie 1234
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I've used Camellia Oil and it IS really nice - absorbs well, doesn't shine, etc. I've purchased Emu Oil when I was trying the Skin Biology line. The stuff doesn't smell good, to me, sort of sits on the skin and needs to be blotted off, and the shelf life isn't very long at all. After six months or so, it is really rancid.

I'll continue to use the Camellia for my bod since I'm an ISC junkie now.

Lexy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I purchased a very large bottle of Emu Oil a long time ago. Mainly I use it for medicinal purposes. Emu Oil is very healing on skin irritation. My daughter swears by it for diaper rash. I have put a cap full of Emu Oil in my shampoo for some time now. My hair is baby fine. From what I understand Emu Oil has hair growing properties. My Mothers hair started thinning some at my age and I will do all I can to avoid that! My husband believes Emu Oil helps the aches in his knee from sports injury. Many times I pull out old faithful for healing purposes. Excellent results from Emu Oil. Smile
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:24 am      Reply with quote
for winnie,
do you put it right in the shampoo bottle ?
Arrow lassie 1234
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Winnie, I think that's true - emu oil encourages hair growth. For a blonde gorilla like myself, that isn't a good thing. Smile

I bet it is really healing on the body. I never tried it for that and I'm not sure I could stand the smell all over me.

Lexy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:37 am      Reply with quote
lassie1234 wrote:
for winnie,
do you put it right in the shampoo bottle ?
Arrow lassie 1234

Lassie, I put about a capful in 8oz. of shampoo. While I can't say I grew a thick headful of hair Laughing ....I do note that I don't find hair in the tub or sink. That's a good thing. Pray
sernx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:45 am      Reply with quote
You can microwave socks? Laughing
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy yes you can, try for 30 seconds...its is very nice and warm and the oil sinks right in..
Arrow lassie 1234
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Here's the info in emu oil stimulating melanogenesis to enhance tanning:

http://www.follicle.com/section3/3_7_1.html

ABST: The present invention is directed to the discovery that topical or parenteral administration of emu oil to a mammal stimulates the proliferation of skin. Emu oil can be used to treat skin wrinkles and rejuvenate aged and photo-damaged skin. It has also been discovered that emu oil can be topically applied to stimulate melanogenesis in the skin and to stimulate hair growth. Thus, emu oil is useful to treat pigmentation disorders such as hypopigmentation, stimulating melanogenesis to enhance skin tanning, and treating disorders relating to disturbances in hair cycling such as alopecia, male pattern baldness, female baldness, and chemotherapy-induced alopecia.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Shock wowowoeeee.... i knew it was good.. and what i was able to read was unbelieveable.. i wish i could understand all that i read. my eyes were crossing trying to read all that .. and 80% didnt have a clue what those words were. but it sounds like good stuff. i love it. it just smells. can you kinda discribe what that was in so many words that are understandable ? all i can say for that one was OMG...winnie did say she uses it in her hair. that was awsome to read..as long as my eyes were not crossing
Arrow lassie 1234
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Basically, it was saying that research shows emu oil will stimulate hair growth and has shown to darken white patches on those that have a condition called hypopigmentation.

Hypopigmentation is where one loses pigment in their skin cells and become whiter/paler due to a blood condition.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:31 am      Reply with quote
well whatever it says it does did change my moms wrikles. but she used it for months. now she will try it on her hair. which she is losing.and her dogs hair too.
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE the emu oil I use. If you mix it with Diana Yvonne or Professional Solutions HA it really goes on quite well and absorbs readily.

The one is use is Fully-Refined (the highest, safest grade on the market with the longest shelf life) Jurassic Secret Emu Oil at http://www.jsemuoil.com/index.html

DREMU is a rip-off Shame on you . Called them to ask questions and order a small bottle to try. The guy was very pushy and insisting I needed to buy the larger bottle first. There are plenty of great Emu oils out there without such a ridiculous price.

Anita

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:12 am      Reply with quote
moeneek wrote:
I was thinking of trying a skin care line with emu oil...like DREMU...but it is very expensive. Anyone tried DREMU? There is a product called Deception that sounds wonderful. It is suppose to hide wrinkles.
I think for now I'll try the emu oil with my moisturizer and see how that works first.
Thanks!

I tried the Deception over a year ago...still have an almost full jar in my bathroom. It just doesn't do what it claims to do. Total waste of money. I do love emu oil though. I use it after my chemical peels to help heal my skin. Just a few drops goes a long way so it's cost effective too. I buy just the sample size from PlatinumSkinCare.com...they last a good month or more.
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy i love mine too.. they say they yellower the better ? just something i read.. but the lady i order it from , says,it comes light. to dark yellow. .. do a good hand or feet exfol. then use the oils before bed...i put my socks in the microwave for 30 seconds like i said before.. mmmmmm its yummy. but this lady makes shea butter and emu oil and its probably the same as dremu but under 5 usd's . read whats in the dremu.. ill just stick with my emu and emu souffle'
Arrow lassie 1234
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |