Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
review of B.E. Glimmers and J.I. brush
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I normally do not wear any eyeshadow because all the eyeshadows I've tried in the past have been a major disappointment when it comes to long lasting wearability. I have found most to fade on me in an hour, so I figure what's the point. I was skeptical of the B.E. glimmers. I had read some reviews on MUA's board stating that they were beautiful but had a tendency to fade so to wear a primer underneath. I disagree completely. This is the only shadow so far that I have used that I can wear in an 8-10 hour workday and it still looks great. I love how these make your eyes really sparkle Surprised
They come loose in a little pot and I apply the shadow with Jane Iredale's eyeliner brush which is synthetic and is fantastic at applying shadow on the lid. Ok now for the colors... I have black eyes and I have the "Queen Tiffany" which is a coppery shimmery rust color that is very beautiful and warm. And I just got a sample yesterday of "Drama" which is a brownish color, and my favorite is "Celestine." That color is gorgeous, it's almost a neutral color but has the most shimmer and sparkle to it. Actually "Celestine," "Drama", and "Queen Tiffany" look alike from just looking at the minerals, but you see they are different when you try them on. I look forward to trying the silver colors since that's my favorite eyeshadow color that I like to dab on the inner corner of my eye. One thing though, is applying loose minerals on the eyes can be a little messy at first, but the trick is to shake off the excess on the brush and put some loose powder like the mineral veil around your eye/cheek area to catch the excess, and simply wipe away. I wear contacts everyday and these glimmers are non-irritating. Wink
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I just found out that my Jane Iredale eyeliner brush has a smudger on the other end, wow an extra plus! Perfect for eyebrows or smudging eyeliner for a smoky look!Surprised
Mabsy

Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, it's a fab brush! I use it as an eyeliner brush exclusively though. It does a perfect line with powder eye shadow (I wet the brush). It's one of my favourite brushes, I could never line my eye properly until I got this brush Very Happy

Mabsy

ps. The only thing stopping me from trying the BE glimmers is my previous experience with loose eye shadows. Not so much the experiences WITH the eye shadows but the subsequent bathroom clean ups after I drop them.... 'Coz I'm such a clutz! *sigh*
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime, I wrote a reply last night but for some reason I couldn't post it. It was quite late and I was so sleepy so here I am now, must do my duty to my good friends before starting my day:D

I own a JI eye liner too and it was so funny, not until reading Mabsy's review about a month ago that I just found out that it has two heads Surprised . So silly me!!!

I'd like to try BE glimmers too. "Celestine" looks very attractive. Do you think my brown eyes will look gook with it? I'm not much of an eye shadow girl for one main reason I'm not very good in blending colors. And I'm never brave enough to try any shade different than brown, very boring.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy and Leila, Wink

Mabsy--Yeah I am looking forward to trying that "push and wiggle technique" you wrote about in a past review with the Laura Mercier eyeliner that's in a cake powder form. The makeup artist from the counter showed that technique to me a while back, but she lifted up her top eyelid and pushed the liner down to where its under the eyelash (sorry I can't describe this well without showing it). It created a denser full lashes look. I am hesitant to do this because I wear contacts and my eyes are sensitive and prone to infections. I also think that technique looks a little hard to master. Do you line your eyes over your lashes or under them? I line over both my top and under my bottom lashes. I've been using eyeliner pencil for 13 years (the kind you don't have to sharpen to minimize pulling and tugging in the delicate eye area). My favorite brand to use is Prescriptives Deluxe Eye Pencil--its waterproof and has a smudger on the end. But I am curious to try shadow liners.

Leila--I have dark eyes so I think that Celestine would look beautiful in enhancing your eyes. I actually read about that glimmer in MUA and it was reviewed by a lot of people with darker eyes. Have you used your JI brushes yet? :P

Any experiences with cake mascaras such as Paula Dorf?
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
You got me right there, Thoughtcrime, no, I have not tried using my JI eye liner yet, both ends are still in their virgin state :P. But I use my other two JI brushes for eye shadow everyday and I love them. They are the best brushes for my sensitive eyes. I wear contacts and my eyes are allergic to almost everything so just like you I just use eyeliner pencil from JI in brown ( again). Now, with the MODE look is everywhere I want to learn how to put on that smoky eye look. Need to review that popular eye technique post from Mabsy.That was said, I'm heading to my hairdresser today and trying the new hair cut with shaggy bang. I'm all set ...:P:P:P
Mabsy

Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Thoughtcrime!

Oops, sorry. I don't know how I missed your post before.

Yep I know what you mean about applying it to the under-eyelash area. I'm too chicken to do that... With my coordination, or lack of, I would end up stabbing myself in the eye. Not a good look and painful too! I use my brush with Clinique or Mirenesse (love Mirenesse!) eye shadow either wet or dry and push it into the lash line but from the top not from underneath. Works like a charm Smile

I've got a few eyeliners myself (Clinique mostly) but I've never been good at applying them even though they're automatic, soft and have a smudger. Supposedly foolproof, well not to this fool! I need the 'fuzzyness' of a shadow to hide the result of trying to line a twitchy eye Smile

Damn you for mentioning Paula Dorf cake mascara!!!! :P Smile I was oblivious to its existence and now I really want to try it! It sounds intriguing (though rather tedious I'd imagine).

Mabsy
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, have you tried Mirenesse mascara, I've heard a lot about it, but is it really good:o

I've not tried Paula Dorf cake mascara yet but I don't think her tube mascara is my favorite, eventhough it is very good for contact wearer's eyes ( fibre free), it does nothing for my fine lashes. But I adore her "Dance All Night" eye and lips palette, I have it in my bag all the time, everywhere:P
Mabsy

Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Hey Leila Smile

Yeah I've tried the Mirenesse mascara. I only used it about five times before it ended up in the bin. It's actually a really good mascara but I hated how difficult it was to remove on me. It's supposed to easily come off with warm water but I found that I had to do too much rubbing to get it off. I only heard of a few other people that have had that problem, it seems to work really well for everybody else. So I'll stay clear of their mascara but I'm tempted to get their eyeshadow palette Smile To me their eyeshadows are better than MAC or Stila.
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy, I trust your opinion, so off from "the list of things I should try" Mirenesse Mascara. I don't like to abuse the skin around my eyes any more than I already do, you know, from wearing contacts, logging in too long, staying up late to finish the latest fiction ( The Da Vinci Code)...I also don't want to loose any of my fine lashes, so stay away from hard to remove mascara. Yet, I'm still searching for the best mascara which can lengthen, thicken, curl and stay clean on my lashes until I want to remove it with just ...water. I know it's impossible to find one but I never stop searching...my...uhm...Holy Grail!!! All I need is to solve the ...secret code...what is it? what is it?...:P:P:P
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
I am once again on the search for an automatic eye pencil. No sharpening! The one I thought I loved (Prescriptives)--I just found out has an animal ingredient in it (carmine) Mad

Anyone know any good automatic eye pencils? No Stila, Lancome, or Estee Lauder or ingredients such as kohl, beeswax, lanolin, or carmine please. I know I'm high maintenance, but I know what I want and don't want :P

Mabsy, what was your experience with the Clinique automatic eye pencils? Any experiences with Pout?
Mabsy

Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Well the Clinique Quickliner pencils (the automatic ones) are pretty much the best I've tried so far. Nice and soft, don't pull at the skin and also last quite a while. They have a smudger on the other end too. My favourite colour is True Khaki (I have brown eyes). Even with all that though, it's still tough when your twitchy eye has a mind of its own! I'm not sure what the ingredients of the Clinique pencil are though.

Another really good one, believe it or not, is Face of Australia (I think that's what it's called). I'm guessing by the name that it might not be available elsewhere though Smile

I've heard good things about the Rimmel automatic pencils as well but have not tried them and I'm also not sure of their ingredients.

Mabsy.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the recs, Mabsy.
I will have to check them out. Wink
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Thoughtcrime,

I've just gotten my BE Celestine Glimmer last week and I've been using it everyday since then. I love it. I also use Orlane Cooling Balm Eye Contour, the one you highly recommended and my eyes are so happy with the cream, no stinging, no irritation, no milia. I put the eye cream all around my eyes with no fear and the cream makes a perfect base for the glimmer to last. Thanks, Thoughtcrime, to you every morning. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Leila, you are so sweet. Glad you like it. I still use the Orlane Cooling Balm Eye Contour every day religiously-- perfect for people with sensitive eyes like us. But I actually don't use the glimmers anymore because I later found out they might not be vegan, so I gave it to my mom. I like really bold colors, so right now my 2 favorites are copper by Monave (absolutely gorgeous!!!) and silver strike by Geografx. But I bet your eyes are looking super beautiful and sparkly Wink
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:52 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime,

I somehow missed this thread last November. Are you still looking for a good automatic eye pencil? IMO, Avon's version is comparable to Lancome's Le Stylo. (But waaaay cheaper.)

Avon is cruelty free, so maybe some of the products are vegan?

--Alohagirl:P

P.S. In college, I earned money as an Avon lady. Funnest job I ever had! (Ding-Dong, Avon calling...)Very Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Alohagirl, thank-you so much I'll have to check out those Avon autmatic eyeliners. I love eyeliner, it is the one piece of makeup I can't live without! So out of curiousity how does Avon work? Is it a pyramid?

I've been corresponding w/ Revlon because I love their color stay eyeliner the best, but their still getting back to me (and taking a long time I might add) to whether or not it has carmine in it for sure. Right now I'm using this cheap drugstore one that is vegan--Jordana easyliner in black $1.99 and it's pretty good. But it does have a tendency to smudge which I don't really mind so much because I love thick smudged lines as opposed to thin sharp ones. Sephora sent me a free eyeliner that is awesome, but I still have to see if it's vegan. It's by too faced cosmetics and it's called lava gloss-- and wow it's the ONLY eyepencil that you have to sharpen that I like. The result is like a liquid liner--very wet and glossy! I can't believe it's a pencil. Surprised
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:04 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime,
A wet and glossy eyeliner?Surprised I want one! I want one!

To answer your question about Avon, it isn't exactly a pyramid. It's been around for decades, and until recently, you could only buy it from representatives who go around handing out cute little catalogs. There's a new one every two weeks full of makeup, skincare, bath products, even jewelry. The reps take the orders, deliver the products and collect a nice percentage of total sales. Nowadays, you can also order from avon.com but the catalogs are so much more fun.Very Happy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Wet and glossy liner sounds so beautiful !! Surprised Does it stay put Thoughtcrime?
I love eye liners as as well-- the Shiseido one in brown is soft but has to be sharpened. I really like it though as it really makes your eyes look big and stand out. For bold party eyes I do a smokey eye with a shimmery dark green eyeliner smudged with a matching green shadow from MAC-- I had to get the girls there to put it on me a couple of times to get the contouring technique down pat before I bought any of their products. Very Happy I thought it would be so hard to make up Asian eyes but it's really easy when you learn how it's done!

What I'd really love to do is be able to wear that glossy 'wet' eyed shadow, I heard that some girls just blend some shadow into some Vaseline and work it into the sockets. Has anyone tried this?

Summertimegirl x
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:43 am      Reply with quote
Reading back on the BE Glimmers eyeshadows that you reviewed I really want to try those colours Queen Tiffany, Celestine and Drama (I know you gave those up) but they sound really gorgeous! I love shimmery shadow as well, they look good with dewy skin.

Summertimegirl Wink
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

Wet and glossy liner sounds so beautiful !! Does it stay put Thoughtcrime?
I love eye liners as as well-- the Shiseido one in brown is soft but has to be sharpened. I really like it though as it really makes your eyes look big and stand out. For bold party eyes I do a smokey eye with a shimmery dark green eyeliner smudged with a matching green shadow from MAC

Hi Alohagirl and Summertimegirl!
Shimmery dark Green eyeliner, Sounds gorgeous and FUN. I'm a lots of black eye liner girl, and also love the smoky and smudgy look. For eyeshadow I alternate between a very bright pure pigment copper shadow all over the lid, or just a dab of silver on the inner corners. The B.E. ones were nice, try them and check them out, but I didn't find the staying power or the colors to be as fun as Monave or geografx which use pure mineral pigments as opposed to fillers. The lava gloss by too faced is nice but it does have a tendency to smudge easily because it's so wet and glossy. Staying power is great. I put B.E. mineral veil all over my lid as a base and it really helps eye makeup to stay longer. Wink
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by thoughtcrime
I'm a lots of black eye liner girl

In that case, have you discovered the appropriately named "Bad Gal" eyeliner from Benefit? Dang, I wish they'd had that during my punk rock days.Sad
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Alohagirl, I have seen it and the mascara. Good product naming, but alas I am so limited about what I can and can't use, and it's not vegan-friendly. In a way it's good because it keeps me from spending my whole paycheck on products! :P
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |