Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone tried Glominerals powders, foundations, concealers?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jewel lady
5% products discount

Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I have heard that Glominerals is an excellent product and completely covers imperfections, lasts all day and doesn't clog the pores.
Just wondering if anyone has tried out these products. I'd love some feedback.
Angel
Merri

Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I was just about to post the same question???!!
Anyone?
Mabsy

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've only tried the powder and I find it *very* similar to Jane Iredale (which is my face mineral makeup). I would love to try the liquid version but I'm not sure on the shade selection and I don't want to risk it...

Here's some previous posts about Glominerals:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4121
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8338
HTH

Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:47 am      Reply with quote
the JI blush seems to wear away on me.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I have used Jane Iredale pressed and GloMinerals pressed and liquid and I agree with Mabsy, the GM pressed is very similar to JI.

I tried a Glominerals pressed sample and bought a full-size because I was having a hard time finding the right shade with JI. I have a brand new pressed compact I'm not even going to use though because I thought I would try to not use a foundation with bismuth in it and see if my skin would improve. It's been 6 weeks now and my skin has really gotten better! No more little bumps everywhere! I was using beta hydroxy acids for exfoliation and my skin was still so darn bumpy but now it's clearing up and the only thing I've changed is my foundation. It's time to admit I cannot use foundation with bismuth. JI, GM and BE all have it in their foundations.

So, imo, it does clog pores, mine anyway. Although, there are many people who use foundations with bismuth in it and are just fine, I guess a person just needs to experiment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:55 am      Reply with quote
How about blush? which one is better? I am thinking to get a blush with MMU, but not sure which one is better? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:04 am      Reply with quote
I have the pressed powder fdt and the concealer...love the conc but the fdt is not my fav. It does not blend very well and looks very powdery.
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I used the foundation powder for a few months and really like the color against my fair, asian skin. The coverage wasn't as great as I hoped it would be because I had a lot of discoloration and scarring from a skin reaction that I had to MAC skincare.

Overall, it was a decent product and worked well at moderately covering up my skin without irritating it further.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:02 am      Reply with quote
What MM does NOT use Bismuth in their foundation?
HelloItsIo

Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
What MM does NOT use Bismuth in their foundation?

Actually, I've found a lot of mmu brands that don't use bismuth" everyday minerals, alima, lumiere, meow cosmetics, joppa minerals, lauress. and monave just to name a few.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks!
jellyface
5% products discount

Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I am using the glominerals gloLoose base. I find that it provides a pretty good coverage, although it can be a bit cakey if using too much (which is easy when applying with a big brush, and forget to tap off the extra powder beforehand).
I use it even on top of my acne, and it doesn't make the acnes worse the next day.
The coverage, however, I have to say, isn't as good as, if using a liquid foundation, but close.

I did try Jane Iredale before, and i think the two products are comparable. I wanna try BareMinerals or IdMinerals next time, just to see which one is better.

I bought my gloLosse base in singapore early 2008 and i still have a bit left, so it lasts for ages. I bought it for S$82.80 while i see that it costs only around AU$30 plus on this website, so it is definitely cheaper online
nha_fiz
5% products discount

Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:50 am      Reply with quote
i want to buy the base but i dont know which suit my shade..for asian?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:40 am      Reply with quote
glominerals is the makeup that finally convinced me to give MMU a chance. They actually recommend the loose base more for normal to dry skin because it has a more dewy finish and the pressed for oily because it has a semimatte finish. The concealer is a bit heavy for me, but I'm a fan of using a concealer brush and just using your minerals for extra coverage on trouble spots. I don't really like either of the liquids the Satin is too dewy and the Matte is way too matte.
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I have very oily/acneic skin, and when I used the Glominerals pressed mineral powder it clogged my pores and made my face break out. I bought the entire line at a Med Spa, based on the claim that it was ideal for my skin type. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me. I tried it for a few weeks, quit, and then retried it a couple more times after a couple month's break with the same results. It simply doesn't work for me.
On the other hand, my sister, who has "normal" skin (no problems with oil or acne), uses it and it works perfectly for her. It gives her a nice glow and she LOVES it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Glominerals Gloconcealer under eye is great. I have it in shade Golden. It comes with a light shade for concealing dark circles and a darker shade for concealing blemishes.It goes on smoothly and lasts all day.

I love gloBlush too. It is said the color Sweet is very similar to NARS Orgasm.
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have both the loose and pressed glominerals. I like the pressed better since the loose looks a little bit darker in the pot and on my skin for some reason. I find the coverage is pretty good and doesn't aggravate my oily acne prone skin.
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I love GloMinerals loose powder! It's the only thing I have tried from Glominerals, but it really transforms my face. I used to use Jane Iredale, and I like that also, although I like GloMinerals just a little more. I use Skin Ceuticals sunblock as my primer (you could also use something like Photo Finish Foundation Primer), wait 10 minutes, and then brush on the Glominerals with a kabuki brush.
jenniferfwb

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Bare Minerals for years and have loved it. I also have a problem with blackheads and thought that may be my makeup that was clogging my pours, so I decided to try the GloMinerals pressed foundation. I have been using it for a little over a month now and I really don't like it! My face feels sooo greasy after about an hour, yuck!!! It kind of feels like I have liquid foundation on my face without powder over it to set. After a few weeks of trying the foundation I thought that all I needed was a powder to 'set' the makeup, so I bought the finishing powder and it only made it worse! I have also seen evidence that my pours are clogging even worse with this product-I have many more blackheads now. I contacted the Glo Mineral company and found out that they don't have a satisfaction guarantee in place. If their product is so great why won't they stand behind it! Anyway, I guess I will go back to Bare Minerals. I am very frustrated though because I don't have money to just throw away like I am having to do now.
micfreeb

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
I actually really like Glominerals based on my experience and would highly recommend it. I got the *gloProtective liquid foundation* in Matte. It does an amazing job!

I have oily, acne-prone, and sensitive skin, which is quite a hassle. I have gone through several products before, including Lancome's foundation and borghese (from Costco), and I would have to say that Glominerals has been the best for my skin so far. My T-zone tends to get really oily while my cheeks stay dry. This foundation does not make my skin more oily, and it has great coverage for my breakouts (believe me, I get a lot of breakouts!) I did not break out more after using this foundation. Glominerals foundation also helped even my tone and complexion, giving my face a smooth and natural look.

What I liked most about this product was that the coverage wasn't cakey or artificial-looking. I got a lot of comments about how my skin looked great and it did not look like I was wearing makeup!
cyndi17
5% products discount

Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I really want to try Glominerals - I currently us Jane Iredale and Youngblood as my makeup
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |