Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
some trivia about DHC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
OK, so here is some useless trivia that people may not know about DHC.

DHC started out as a translation company - yes, that was "translation" you just read - before moving into cosmetics.

Nowadays in Japan, besides their cosmetic line they also offer various health supplements and drinks, and bottled water.

Oh, and yes they STILL have the translation division. I often see job ads for them. Laughing
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information! I use some of DHC's products and I really think they are a good company. I particularly love the fact that they send out so many samples to try before you buy! They are obviously proud of their products.

-Cheri

P.S. Do you know what DHC stands for?
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
I just got a catalog from them with 4 free samples. My officemate likes this line and has recommended the Deep Cleansing Oil. Cheri, which products do you use? TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4,

DHC stands for Daigaku Honyaku Center.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
crazyskin wrote:
I just got a catalog from them with 4 free samples. My officemate likes this line and has recommended the Deep Cleansing Oil. Cheri, which products do you use? TIA

The Cleansing Oil is my all time fav DHC product although at the moment I'm testing MAC Cleanse Off Oil. The MAC is good, but I will definitely go back to the DHC oil. In my opinion nothing takes my makeup and sunscreen off better than theirs.

I also love DHC Head Oil which is a pre-wash hair product. You rub it into dry hair and scalp before shampooing and you'll have the cleanest head around! My hair also stays cleaner longer. Very pampering!

I love their Silky Cotton pads for skincare products. They leave no fuzz or cotton on your face like cotton balls or reg cotton pads do. I order several boxes when they go on sale each year. You won't want to use any other pads once you use these!

I always keep a can of DHC Micro Skin Water on my desk at work so I can give myself a refreshing mist every afternoon. I've used various mists for this purpose, but I like DHC's best because the mist is so fine. It has a faint green tea scent. It can also be used to set or refresh your makeup.

For body my fav product of theirs is DHC White Soap. It's $5 for 2 bars. It's very simple....tons of lather, no scent, moisturizing, softening but leaves you extremely clean. I even use it for shaving my legs. I'm stingy with it, but my husband loves it too so he gets to use it occasionally. Smile I just really like this soap!

One thing I've been using daily if I'm just going to be in the office all day is DHC White. It's a stable broad spectrum sunscreen (about a PPD 8)that doesn't leave me with greasy skin and it works well with my makeup.

Hope this helps some! Let us know what you think of your samples!

-Cheri
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
phredd4,

DHC stands for Daigaku Honyaku Center.

Thanks! No danger of me ever guessing that one! Smile

-Cheri
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
OK, someone beat me to it, BUT do you all know what "Daigaku Honyaku Center" means?

Ready?

"University Translation Center" Laughing
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:32 am      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
I love their Silky Cotton pads for skincare products. They leave no fuzz or cotton on your face like cotton balls or reg cotton pads do. I order several boxes when they go on sale each year. You won't want to use any other pads once you use these!
FYI - Walmart carries a different brand of these cotton pads that are nearly identical to the DHC SC pads, and they only cost $1.99 per package. Unfortunately, I can’t remember the brand name, but you’ll know them when you see them. It’s definitely not the Johnson&Johnson or the Walmart “store brand” cotton pads so you should be able to figure it out by a process of elimination....

P.S. I adore the DHC cleansing oil, too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:09 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
phredd4 wrote:
FYI - Walmart carries a different brand of these cotton pads that are nearly identical to the DHC SC pads, and they only cost $1.99 per package. Unfortunately, I can’t remember the brand name, but you’ll know them when you see them. It’s definitely not the Johnson&Johnson or the Walmart “store brand” cotton pads so you should be able to figure it out by a process of elimination....

P.S. I adore the DHC cleansing oil, too!

I think the really good pads at Walmart are called "Swiffers" but I can't be sure. You just reminded me to look for those again. I had purchased them once (probably on your recommendation), but when I went back to buy again, they were no where to be found. At the time, I saw Swiffers elsewhere, but never the particular type I found at Walmart, so I just forgot about them. Thanks carekate!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:40 am      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
I think the really good pads at Walmart are called "Swiffers" but I can't be sure.
“Swiss-pers!!” That’s what they’re called: Swiss-pers.

Swiffer is the little anti-static dust cloth/broom/mop thing, but if you hadn’t posted it, I never would’ve remembered the other name! BTW, if I remember correctly, I saw Swiss-pers at my local Ulta store, too....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:54 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
phredd4 wrote:
I think the really good pads at Walmart are called "Swiffers" but I can't be sure.
“Swiss-pers!!” That’s what they’re called: Swiss-pers.

Swiffer is the little anti-static dust cloth/broom/mop thing, but if you hadn’t posted it, I never would’ve remembered the other name! BTW, if I remember correctly, I saw Swiss-pers at my local Ulta store, too....

Yeah that's it! Swiss-pers! But I do like all Swiffer products too!
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cheri Smile Thanks a lot for taking the time to write that detailed post! The samples I have are Deep Cleansing Oil, Mild Soap, Mild Lotion, and Olive Virgin Oil. After your great reviews on DHC's other products, I think I need *more* samples! Laughing I'm considering the Skin Water (would be very useful now that they're turned the heaters on at work), White Soap (I like that it won't compete with the other fragranced stuff I use) and the sunscreen. Thanks again!

Hi Carekate Smile I was worried that olive oil might not agree with my skin but now that you've given the DCO your seal of approval, its an automatic must-try for me!

I've been using the Swisspers for a long time now, they cost a little more but they're worth it!

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |