Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Electric Toothbruses...do you use one?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
glittergal
5% products discount

Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Do you use an electric toothbrush? If so, what kind? There are so many on the market out there...from Crest to Colgate, Sonicare, etc, etc, And I was wondering if anybody finds them helpful at all.
Okay, thanks
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I use one & love it! I don't use it everyday, but when I do use it, it makes my teeth feel so smooth & clean, like just coming back from the dentist. Mine is several years old, it is a Braun I think.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Braun for me too. Battery-powered, though, not "electric." Love it, love it, love it. Wouldn't use a regular toothbrush again. Gets the hard to reach spots with greater precision.

Now that I think about it... I use a vibrating razor and a vibating shower sponge, too (neighbor sells adult toys... ahem...). I must make alot of noise in the morning! Rolling Eyes

Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
off the auction site and I'm very happy with it, I brush longer and my dentist cleanings go better and my gum health seems better.
Mabsy

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
I also use one but NOT everyday. I used to use my Braun everyday but I noticed that over time my gums appeared to receed a bit and I think it was because the electric toothbrush was a bit too powerful. I now use a normal toothbrush and use the electric one maybe twice a week for a super clean feeling Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
We have the Sonicare one (I think Phillips make it) and it is excellent.

Takes a bit of getting used to, but nothing cleans like it. We only use it at night though.

I remember a coworker of mine once used an electric toothbrush twice a day (and perhaps for a long time each use) and when he next went to the dentist he was told to ease off because he was actually rubbing the enamel off his teeth.

The good thing about sonicare is that when you "start" it, it has an automatic 2 minute timer - recommended to do 30sec each for front and back of upper and lower.

At the end of 30sec it beeps to let you know it is time to move on and at the end of 2min it turns itself off. Really helps to stop people "overdoing it" like my co-worker did!!
KT
5% products discount

Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:37 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Braun for a couple of years now. Every time I go see my dentist he praises me for having really beautiful clean teeth and this did not happen back when I wasn't using electric! I would not use a normal toothbrush anymore because the electric really cleans so much better. You do have to be careful not to push too hard though as it can be not so good on your gums!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I have the Sonicare and the Braun. I like the Sonicare much better. It felt a bit strange at first, kind of tickly, but once I got used to it I realized how much of a better job it really does.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I love my sonicare! As others had said it took awhile to get used to but now I wouldn't use anything else but! I used to have a problem with sensitivity because I would brush too hard with a regular tooth brush and my gums were receding, but now my gums are fine! Also I find my dental cleanings shorter due to less plaque build up!
They are quite expensive, but is well worth it in the long run! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I have a braun. It broke once so I tried one of those $10 crest or colgate cheapies and it just didn't get my teeth as clean feeling.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I use Sonicare, I have sensitive teeth and my dentist recommended that I use Sonicare because with the normal toothbrush, I tend to brush really hard. I've been using it two years now and it took sometime to get used to it but my teeth feels so clean after brushing.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I have used a braun for years. LOVE IT!! At times I forget to charge it and use a regular brush. There is a hugh difference in the health of my gums when I use the braun. About six months ago I got the attachment brush that cleans interproximal (between teeth). Rather than flossing at night I use that brush (when I am not being lazy Bad Grin )
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Braun (electric) for years and would never go back to a regular brush. The small head gets into those difficult to reach places at the back of your mouth and does a great job. Its got a 2 minute timer also, so that I don't overdo it.

Anya
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
I also use a Braun rechargeable, bought it from my dentist in 2001 I think and it's still great. The replacement heads are expensive but worth it, the unit itself was $80 plus about $20 for three heads every month. It also has a timer so it tells me when two minutes are up. I wouldn't use anything else now, it really does get my teeth cleaner.

5% products discount

Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
wow, thanks...lots of replies. Looks like everyone seems to like the Braun and the Sonicare. I used to have an Oral-B toothbrush, and I used it once and a while but lost it when we moved. It worked pretty good but I guess I also got turned off because at the time the replacement bristles were about 50$ for two :P But thats because it had just come out.
So just wondering about the cheap varieties, does anybody use them at all? Some of them seem like they might be worth a shot...Crest Spinbrush etc etc? hmmmm...let me know what you think.
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I had a Colgate one awhile ago, from the supermarket- about $30 I think. Loved it. Stopped when I moved out of home and was put off by the price of the refills, but after reading this and remembering how good electric was think will go back. Feels like you have just had teeth done by dentist when you use it.

Hope this helps a bit

maddy
MsJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Glittergal,

I tried the spinbrush but the bristles are too hard, not good if you have sensitive teeth. Try Sonicare, it's worth it and the brush replacement is not that expensive either. Try Ebay!
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
glittergal wrote:
wow, thanks...lots of replies. Looks like everyone seems to like the Braun and the Sonicare. I used to have an Oral-B toothbrush, and I used it once and a while but lost it when we moved. It worked pretty good but I guess I also got turned off because at the time the replacement bristles were about 50$ for two :P But thats because it had just come out.
So just wondering about the cheap varieties, does anybody use them at all? Some of them seem like they might be worth a shot...Crest Spinbrush etc etc? hmmmm...let me know what you think.

Glittergal, my dentist said not to use the ones that spin around but to only use the kind that sort of go back and forth, if that makes sense. I recently bought my little guy a Spongebob toothbrush that was cheap and goes back and forth. The bristles are softer than the soft Braun bristles, I have no problem with him using it. I think they've improved a lot in recent years.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Sonicare and it's great. When I bought this a few years back, I did some research and this toothbursh and one other, Cybersonic were the only 2 (at that time) that had the sonic wave technology. I'm sure there are more out there now but we are completely satisfied with it. The only downfall is that the replacement brush heads are a little expensive and can add up. For 2 heads, its about $30..

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:23 am      Reply with quote
I have a Braun hidden away somewhere at home...Maybe I should give it a chance again? I didn't like it that much, because it felt like I was using an electric drill in my mouth Embarassed

5% products discount

Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:45 am      Reply with quote
great thanks, I'm going to keep my eyes open now for a cheap toothbrush to go on sale Smile
applepie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:50 am      Reply with quote
wow...great advice here! I've been debating this myself and am definitely leaning towards making the jump now! Good to know that Braun and Sonicare are the ways to go...
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Wouldn't be without my Oral B electric toothbrush
Keeps the plaque to a minimum making my dentist visit much quicker and smoother...less scraping
I notice a difference even if I don't use it for 2 days....keeps my teeth nice and clean and white.

Definetely worth purchasing Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Mabsy

Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:32 am      Reply with quote
All this talk about the Clarisonic face brush reminded me that I really wanted to try the Sonicare toothbrush. I've been looking around and the Sonicare brushes are quite hard to get here and are also more expensive than the Oral B brushes (like about $100 more!). So, here's my question: Has anybody tried the Oral B Sonic Complete? It looks similar to the Sonicare, and also uses sonic "technology". This is the only Oral B brush I'm considering in place of the Sonicare since I am trying to get away from the rotating little Oral B brushes as they receeded my gums.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
All this talk about the Clarisonic face brush reminded me that I really wanted to try the Sonicare toothbrush. I've been looking around and the Sonicare brushes are quite hard to get here and are also more expensive than the Oral B brushes (like about $100 more!). So, here's my question: Has anybody tried the Oral B Sonic Complete? It looks similar to the Sonicare, and also uses sonic "technology". This is the only Oral B brush I'm considering in place of the Sonicare since I am trying to get away from the rotating little Oral B brushes as they receeded my gums.

i use it and it's the best toothbrush i have tried (better be, it cost me $150 Very Happy ). When i first used it it was a little painful, more than i expected as i did use electric toothbrushes before, but now i have no problem with it. It has 3 different settings, clean, soft (if the first setting is a bit harsh) and massage. To be honest, i hardly ever use the massage function, so spending the extra money has been a waste, the model before has the first 2 functions and is $50 less, so that would have been a better buy. The replacement heads are $20 for 2, and when you first get the toothbrush it comes with 3 heads. Hope this helps.

oli
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |