Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Rave skin improving since using mineral makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I just wanted to post on the benefits I've had since using mineral makeup,my blackheads are considerably diminished!All I can put it down too is the mineral makeup I started using a few weeks ago as I'm not using anything else new.
Has anyone else noticed there skin improve since using mineral makeup?
I heard normal makeup has mineral oil in it which can clog pores.Thers no way I'm going back now.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I have found that since using mineral make-up I have had fewer breakouts during that time of the month.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
So which brand of mineral makeups did u girls use? Any mineral makeup will have the same effect or it's only a certain brand? Thanks! Smile
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:08 am      Reply with quote
I use the Earthly essences one in Australia but they're all meant to be better anyway I think cause they dont contain pore clogging mineral oil and all the chemicals normal makeup has.
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I use Pure & Simple DaySpa store brand MMU. (Available in Toronto Canada or Online) It is wonderful. My skin has never looked better... very happy with it...
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I use a variety of brand actually. I have two foundations I use: one by WOW!MineralMakeup and the other by Pure Luxe. I use BE Mineral Veil. I have a bunch of bronzers, blushes and shadows by a whole bunch of different MMU companies.

I think it is the fact that they are 100% natural that makes them so good for the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
well...it seems many of you are very satisfied with the effect of mineral makeup. I had that done once by a sales lady at the cosmetic counter, and I feel that it's too powdery and un-natural. Besides that, it doesn't really cover much of my blemishes. It makes my flakes more obvious and I was hoping that it can cover my pores but it doesn't seem to do that. Anyway, maybe her technique is not good enough? Sad
SaffronRouge
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I have had the same experience. I usually only use BE mineral viel.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
I had that done once by a sales lady at the cosmetic counter, and I feel that it's too powdery and un-natural. Besides that, it doesn't really cover much of my blemishes. It makes my flakes more obvious and I was hoping that it can cover my pores but it doesn't seem to do that. Anyway, maybe her technique is not good enough? Sad
My guess is that your sales assistant didn’t know what she was doing! I mean, have you ever walked past a cosmetic counter and seen a scary-looking SA wearing WAY too much makeup and looking a fright, and then she’s pressuring *you* to let her give you a makeover?? Shock No, thank you!

When applied properly, it doesn’t look too powdery or unnatural and it should cover your blemishes, as well. Of course, it’s important that you exfoliate regularly so that you don’t have any flakes that need to be covered up! Also, if your pores are looking too obvious when you’re wearing any type of makeup, be it ‘traditional’ foundation or mineral makeup, it probably means that you’ve got a lot of “gunk” clogging the pores and making them look enormous. While one can’t actually shrink the size of one’s pores, one *can* reduce their appearance by using products that will de-gunk the pores buying sucking out the debris that is clogging them up and making them look large, and one can also use products (i.e.: homemade ACV toner) to minimize and reduce their appearance.

I think every woman owes it to herself to try out mineral makeup to see if it works for them. The majority of ladies who have done so, never look back and would rather *die* than go back to using traditional foundation! A cheap way to experiment with mineral makeup is to purchase samples that you can play around with at home and there are dozens of EDS members who would be happy to give you some application tips so that you don’t end up all “powdery and unnatural” looking!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Carekate and everyone for replying! Smile So I'm always wondering...all mineral makeup works the same or only specific brands? I live in Canada and there's Cover FX that's made in Canada...perhaps I should give it a try and see? I've been wanting to use mineral makeup for quite some time but never get the courage or time to actually go try it out. I know this sounds dumb or something but it seems that foundation always make the flaws on my skin more obvious...that really frustrates me! Mad 1
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I use Pure & Simple DaySpa store brand MMU. (Available in Toronto Canada or Online) It is wonderful. My skin has never looked better... very happy with it...

Stardusty: i ordered this MMU off the Pure & Simple website. They have a great range of colours and because it's Canadian, there is no custums broker or exchange to worry about. Also, it gives you 15 grams in the pressed compact version as compared to 10 grams in other companies products. Also, i found the price of CAD$39.95 not too bad a price. As well they have a full line of colour mineral cosmetics including eye colour, blush, lipstick...i have also found that when i use the chisel tip brush (Handi) that it goes on much better than with a rounded tip brush,because you can sort of buff it onto your skin and it seems to become part of your skin. Very Happy Maybe if too much product is used and skin is not well exfoliated you could get the chalky look you mentioned. Sad

To take care of gentle exfoliation, because i also have redness and flaking from rosecea, i use Neutrogena Clear Pore nightime treatment. It's salycilic acid 2% in a gel base and i've found that with consistent use, the flakes have completely disappeared and the 2%SA has reduced the inflammation and redness in my complexion to almost nothing...I use it 2x/day over my entire face and neck and leave it on all day under my MMU and all night while i sleep. I did experience a small amount of flaking the first few days but i believe it was just exfoliating the existing dead and flaky skin. It is a very inexpensive and effective exfoliant for me that is actually beneficial for roseacea skin because it really reduces inflammation.

As Carekate said, too, now that i've found MMU, i will never go back to the other...for many years i had been satisfied with my old liquid foundation but i have been completely converted to MMU...please give it another try Exclamation Exclamation
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed im starting to look very powdery lately .. i use BE (mainly the bisque) and i use it because after exfoliating i get very red. so i use the bisque. but latley its not looking so good.. im seeing alot of powder.. i must have a heavy hand. i just cant win. its keep a red face or look powdery or go back to a liquid foundation.
Arrow lassie 1234
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:07 am      Reply with quote
lassie1234, before you give up on MMU, try what i did before i started using MMU. I knew that if i did not exfoliate well, that i would be too flaky and red to go out in public.

Smooth skin is key to getting great results with MMU. So this is what i did to prepare my skin. Also, it's wonderful for reducing redness and inflammation of the skin.

If you want, give this a try and see if it helps with the flaking and redness...give it about 10 days before you make a final decision about whether it works for you or not.

Here you go:

Quote:
i also have redness and flaking from rosecea, i use Neutrogena Clear Pore nightime treatment. It's salycilic acid 2% in a gel base and i've found that with consistent use, the flakes have completely disappeared and the 2%SA has reduced the inflammation and redness in my complexion to almost nothing...I use it 2x/day over my entire face and neck and leave it on all day under my MMU and all night while i sleep

best wishes

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:14 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the info, maybe ill try it. i have so many products though and still nothing works. i guess one more wont hurt Confused i dont know if i can keep my hands off the other products i have for ten days.
Arrow lassie 1234
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rosyface! I did try Salicyclic Acid before but it doesn't seem to do much, perhaps it has different effects on everyone? And won't it dry out your skin at all? Thanks Smile
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
ok this is serious, my face is shriveling up here..... im in need of something to moisten it up.. my mmu's suck !!! just call me prune face. just change my name to chalky... i guess im just gonna keep putting on shea butter every night for awhile. nothing is holding in any moisterizers. every crack is showing on my face. im ready to hide under the blankets....
Arrow lassie 1234
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:51 am      Reply with quote
lassie1234 have you tried spritzing your face lightly with water or evian water afterwards?I find it makes the makeup look more natural and helps take away that powdery look.Dont worry i havent perfected the art of applying it yet and its been three weeks Very Happy
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I think it depends on what brands you try..and trying more than one to find the what actually works the best. I used BE for almost a year and my skin would get incredibly dry...but after switching to aromaleigh in glissade (supposed to help with dry skin), i can honestly say I haven't had a day with dry flakes on my cheeks or face at all so far with the cold weather trying to dry me up. This is satisfying..hehe

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new the the mineral makeup world but I first tried BE's and did not really like it. I ordered Aromoleigh's sample of their Voile foundation and am in love. At first it does look powdery but as it sets (after 10 mins or so), it looks really natural. Even my husband commented on how natural it looked! I do agree that having exfoliated or smooth skin helps. The first day I put the samples on I was a bit flaky. That same night I started my homemade DIY recipes and ever since then my mineral makeup has been going on nice.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:16 am      Reply with quote
something else i just thought of that may make MMU look terrible and powdery on your face is having "peach fuzz" hair on your face.

My ancestral heritage dictated that i have long platinum blond hair growing copiously all over my face. Now, i exfoliate and do extensive hair removal and my face is extremely accepting of MMU and never looks unnatural. If you have longish facial hairs, the powder probably clings and settles onto and between the hair and could look awful...

maybe that's another reason why some ladies don't like to use MMU.

Does my theory sound valid to anyone?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have very acne-prone skin which gets inflammatory type blemishes as well as clogged pores/blackheads, etc. I have been using mineral makeup consistently for a few months, and I have noticed an improvement in the clogginess/frequency of breakouts.

Also, I have noticed how much better my skin feels and looks with mineral makeup. Of course, I still have those days where I apply too heavily and my skin looks dry and wrinkled, but I am getting better with my application.

I read on the Delphi forums that if a mineral makeup has a high percentage of titanium oxide it can have a drying effect. Some people do better with a higher percentage of zinc oxide, which can be soothing. If I am incorrect on the information, please somebody correct me.

I have been sampling Melange, Mineral Boutique, Pur Minerals, Illuminaire, and Jane Iredale. I am trying to decide which one I like best Smile

I think that success with mineral makeup depends on the formulation of the minerals, the tools used to apply, and the experience of the user. Oh, and also the right shade. I know when I started trying it a few years ago, I abandoned it several times because I couldn't get it to look right. I applied the wrong shades way too heavily, and it looked and felt terrible.

Tina
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone have any experience with Youngblood mineral makeup? That is the one that I have and I don't want to be put off mineral makeup if I use the wrong one....are they all the same? It did seem to break me out slightly but I typically don't wear any makeup so probably anything would do the same Laughing
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Rosyface,

The long "peach fuzz" on my face is a major reason that I'm not completely loving MMU. You're exactly right...it sticks on and around the hair and doesn't look great. Can I ask what you've been the most successful with getting rid of the hair?

Thanks in advance! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Marmur1: it tooke me a really long time to 'discover' that it was the long blonds on my face that was causing the problem with application with any type of face makeup. It was especially bad when i tried powder type makeup. One day i was despairing while looking in the mirror wondering what i was doing wrong when it dawned on me that i had a lot of blond hairs that were like a fine layer of 'fur' that couldn't really be noticed far away but up close, i really noticed how abundant and long it really was....i was also noticing that the liquid makeup i was using at the time seemed to be not even really touching my actual skin but seemed to be a layer that bonded all the long blonds together into an unattactive 'matted' look. It was quite disgusting to look at up close actually...then i thought how do i get rid of this? My mind shied away from the idea of shaving with a blade so at first, i tried the smelly chemical depilatories but got some pretty bad burns from that as well as the resultant scabbing (really gross). I gave that up really quickly. Then just happened to see this thing at wal-mart, http://www.seenontvproducts.net/finishingtouch/

and somehow it seemed not so bad to 'shave' anymore. I got one and tried it that evening. It was wonderful. It was kind of fascinating to watch the clumps of platinum 'fur' being removed so easily. i was kind of worried about stubble, but the blond hairs grow a lot more slowly than the PCOS dark stubblis that i also suffer with. I really only have to trim the blond hairs maybe 2-3 times a month. I find that sometimes when my batteries die, i've even used my leg razor to skim off the hairs and that obviously does a great job...i don't really advertise to anyone that i 'shave' but it has made a world of difference in how my MMU goes on...i can't say enough about how great it is and i'll never go back to other foundation products.

i hope this helps,

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much!

I had seen something about the Finishing Touch on the board before but was always worried about any kind of hair removal that didn't remove the hair from the root because I thought I might get stubble. I'll definitely have to check this out, though, because ingrowns/breakouts aren't fun either! Thanks again Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |