Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
::Review:: Brilliant Decleor Prolagene Energising Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
reking

Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Got this from another forum.

"Prolagene is a long term product. Within a couple weeks of daily use, ideally twice daily, you will see an improvement in tone and texture to the skin such as open pores reducing, dehydration lines (like necklace lines) diminishing. It takes 2-3 months to see red scars fade, depending on severity. I'm very pale and prone to spots so I use Prolagene twice every day and exfoliate 2-3 times a week and see red marks fade within a month. A deep scar took about 4 months to fade out. For Prolagene to work scars must still have a blood flow i.e they go red when you touch them, the effect will not be as good on white scars. It can be used on general scarring, operation scarring, acne scarring, stretchmarks, bust as a firming treatment, face as a booster to anti-aging treatment the list goes on....

How you use prolagene makes a huge difference to efficacy. It absolutely must be used on clean skin and never after anything oily. Prolagene is 1% proline amino acid in osmanthus solution, a water based gel to allow the proline to penetrate to the skin cells being formed. It works because the skin's own collagen is made from proline and hydroxyproline, so maximising the available proline maximises collagen production, as and where it's being produced. Because of the deep level of skin, only a water based gel permeates deeply enough, so using prolagene over anything oily stops it reaching the new skin cells. Oil afterwards is fine, just not before. That can make all the difference along wth regular gentle exfoliation and regular use, you can't just whack it one once a week and hope for the best."

So, this is opposite of what Decleor recommends. Leave it up to you guys to decide which to trust. But for me, I'll be applying it before my Ylang Ylang oil. HTH
fidget-jones
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:48 am      Reply with quote
When I had a decleor facial, the clay and herb mask was mixed with prolagene gel then applied and left for 15 mins.

My skin was great afterwards - so now I always mix prolagene with whatever mask I'm using.
fletch_lives_on
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:23 am      Reply with quote
This product sounds awesome. Thanks for the detailed info reking. Another product to add to my most wanted list... Laughing
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:29 am      Reply with quote
sounds fabulous, will have to put it on my wish-list!
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Reking - thanks for the tip regarding the order of application. I will have to try this!

I have used prolegene and I must admit, I haven't been sure if it has done anything. I did actually wonder if it should be put on after a balm, as it is a liquid based gel and probably wouldn't penetrate through the oily balm barrier.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I almost finish my first tube. Although it's not unpleasant to use but I cannot say I see any noticeable effects.
fletch_lives_on
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:21 am      Reply with quote
ok, i crumbled and i have ordered this. I am awaiting its arrival with excitement. I will report back once i've tried it...
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I recently ordered this product from EDS and love it. I've been using it for the past 3 weeks, 2X day and it has made my skin noticeably smoother, and hydrated with out the oily feeling.
I did buy the larger body gel size but use it on my face and neck.
I haven't noticed any decrease in pore size or fading of acne scars yet- but I think it may be too early yet.
vassbeaute
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
i really interested in trying this after all the amazing feedback. i think the professional size is the same ingredients but in bigger and better value
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've gotten lazy and forgot about this great product, I have since only been putting it in my Juara lime puree mask and it still makes my skin feel great.
Re-reading this thread- I think i will go back to using it 2x day. I have the larger tube as well.
Lindapinda
5% products discount

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I'm ordering the Prolagene gel too!

My friend is professionally trained by Decleor and has a wealth of knowledge of their products. I asked her about applying the Aromaessence oil after Prolagene and she said that the molecules in the oils are so small that it penetrates the 3rd layer of our skin and goes through the body. It cleanses the skin cells and promotes healthy cell development by fighting off free radicals. By acting this way, it prepares the skin for the beneficial ingredients of our moisturiser and help it work better.
Try rubbing fresh garlic under your feet's and after a while you'll taste the garlic in your mouth. That is how the Aromaessence works through our bodies.

However, the Prolagene gel's molecules and proteins are too large too penetrate as deep as the Aromaessence. And water in it self can not penetrate deep anyway, emagine how we would look after a bath Laughing

I will be mixing Prolagene gel with my moisturiser, mask and body lotion. And yes, the one for face and body contains the same identical product, so i'm going for the larger size. Did you know it is great for sunburn as well??

But in which order you would like to apply your products is up to you Smile
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
decleor products tend to give me breakouts....i think it must be the oils in it.......and my skin is not even combination or oiley Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:06 am      Reply with quote
i got a free sample from EDS.. i've finished half of the tube.. i dun really know if my skin is getting better or not.. but i do feel my skin smooth and soft after using it...
honestly i wasnt really sure how does this product work until i read thos reviews.. thanks for sharing guys... Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have this but haven't really used it. I will now. I did not know that it was good for acne. DD has a cystic acne pimple on her nose. I'll apply it tonight and get back to you all.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Prolagene since January 2006 and I love it! It firms up my skin. I guess that's why I look 10 years younger than my actual age.
jjvk
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Really love the smell of Decleor products.

I have used the toner, Foaming cleaner, Iris Night balm, Decleor Aromessence IRIS....

So far so good Smile
jjvk
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Not notice any major difference.
bondgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:17 am      Reply with quote
I also used Prolagene gel before was impressed with the result. I do need to get some for sure. It is a versatile product, you can literally use it on any part of your body.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |