Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is the Alphaderma range for me?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ndaist
5% products discount

Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum and after spending hours checking out various threads I've decided to overhaul my skincare products (I didn't realise I knew so little!!)

When I first found this site I immediately ordered some Relax-A-Line and some Frownies. Made some DIY Vit. C serum and used an aspirin mask once a week.

My routine is now:
am
cleanser
toner
vit. c serum
Garnier Ultra Lift Jour
pm
cleanser
toner
vit. c serum
Relax-A-Line (around eyes and forehead)
Roc Protient Lift (cheeks and neck)
Frownies

I haven't noticed any changes to my skin - there's still a deep line in my forehad and from my nose to mouth, some fine lines around and under my eyes - not to mention some sagging around the cheeks.

I've just ordered a 5 day sample of the Alphaderma range - is this the best out there????

As for my deeper wrinkles:

Would Relax-A-Line with Vialox do the job or is Derma Excel totally amazing and worth the money? I'll be almost broke after buying some ADCE etc (if it works). Is pure hyaluronic acid drops or argireline drops any good for the eyes instead of Okusil?

Is DMAE good for lifting? If it is can you just add DMAE powder to any cream?

Please help - there's so many products out there and I would have to rob a bank to try them all! Confused

Many thanks in advance.

Nicole
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Would Relax-A-Line with Vialox do the job or is Derma Excel totally amazing and worth the money? I'll be almost broke after buying some ADCE etc (if it works). Is pure hyaluronic acid drops or argireline drops any good for the eyes instead of Okusil?

First, I have never used Relax-A-Line so I can't comment on that. However, I would say I have been using Janson-Beckett products longer then anyone on the forum so I feel very comfortable commenting on them. Please do not use PURE argireline on your face. It would be MUCH too drying. Pure hyaluronic acid is fine as a light moisturizer over other products but will not give the results of Janson-Becketts anti-aging line.

Quote:
I've just ordered a 5 day sample of the Alphaderma range - is this the best out there????

That is a tough question. For me JB products have made the most dramatic difference. We are all different. Many EDS members have also had fantastic results from JB. Others have found products that suit their skin. You will find what works best for you. Smile

The five day sample pack IMO is fine to see how you like the feel of the product and how you skin reacts. As soon as I put AlphaDerma on my face I did note a firming that was my main concern. My face got so saggy after losing weight. The results I have received from Mineral Prep and AlphaDerma are nothing less then amazing. Obviously, five day is not going to give you the results you are looking for.

Quote:

Absolutely, DMAE help firm and tighten the skin. AlphaDerma contains DMAE as well as Argireline, Elastin, Collagen, Soy, Vit. C. IMO these ingredients all work together to keep you skin soft and firm while minimizing fine lines and wrinkles. I couldn't imagine buying all these ingredients separately. For a short time I did use JB's DMAE Serum in addition to AlphaDerma on my neck. While I did note even more of a firming it was just too many steps for me. I am one of those people that can't spend too much time with skin care and makeup.

I worked for Janson-Beckett for a few months as a sales rep. in my area. One important thing I learned was that just the right amount of ingredients and blending of is what makes all the difference. AlphaDerma for the average
price of 129.00 for 4 oz. is a great deal when you break it down by ounce. One bottle last me 4 months using on my whole face and neck. Rolling Eyes Oh, I do think the Mineral Prep under AlphaDerma is wonderful.

While I think Okusil is a wonderful product I like using Mineral Prep and AlphaDermaCE around my orbital bone.

You mentioned DermaExcel 7. After using all JB products for 1 1/2 years I must say DermaExcel 7 did smooth out the deeper lines above my brow. My nose to mouth lines were minimal. DE 7 soften them even more.

Even though I am no longer a sales rep for JB I will alway be thankful for what their products have done for my face.

And yes, I do use other products Laughing . ie: PSF Pumpkin Peel keep my skin exfoliated so my JB products work well. I also use PSF Suncreen as a mositurizer over JB products (as needed).Over the past year plus I have tried other anti-aging products: StiVectin, IS Clinical etc. never finish a bottle and come back to: AlphaDerma, Mineral Prep, C&C and I will order DermaExcel 7.

btw: You only need to use a C Serum once a day. IMO morning is the best.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm on day 3 of the 5-day trial pack with amazing results Very Happy Although I'd only applied the products at night (I've started doing it twice a day as of today), I noticed an immediate improvement on the lines from my nose to mouth, they've all but disappeared!! My "marionette lines" (which were dimples really)have really plumped up and are now just "lines". This is the first product line I've used that gave me discernable results in such a short timespan. I do have an inverted "Y" between my brows that's a challenge for any product, but I'm hopeful that AlphaDerma will improve that too - right now, it's too soon to say. If not, then I'll consider DE7 (next paycheck!).
In any case, I'm so thrilled with these products I've ordered the AlphaDerma and Skin Prep from EDS.

Winnie, appreciated reading your views on this line - we're in the same age group, so your opinion is reassuring Wink One question for you though - would using LaMer (which I LOVE) after the JB products, be overkill?

Anya
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:12 am      Reply with quote
OT question: what is "orbital bone"?

And on topic:
I gave an AlphaDerma CE sample to my mom (I think it's 3 or 5ml or so).

She decided to try it out under one eye only to see the difference cause that's where her most wrinkley part is.

Here's a pic of her under-eye area after 4 or 5 days! I think it's pretty significant.

http://www.artvenu.com/images/alphaderma.jpg
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
OT question: what is "orbital bone"?

The orbital bone is the bony socket around your eye. Eye cream tends to creep. Applying to the orbital bone allows it to creep some but not get too close to your eye. Getting product too close to the eye can be irritating and cause the puffies.

Your mother has beautiful eyes. Yes, you can see the difference. She must be delighted.
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Winnie Smile
(I'm ignorant, but how am I gonna learn if I don't ask questions, right?)

Yes mom's very happy! such quick and obvious result was totally unexpected.

Is CE made for people of certain age? I'm wondering whether I should start using it as a preventative measure (I'm 26).
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Winnie, appreciated reading your views on this line - we're in the same age group, so your opinion is reassuring One question for you though - would using LaMer (which I LOVE) after the JB products, be overkill?

Anya

Anya,

I have never used LaMer. From what I understand it is a luxurious cream. If you are using it as such (rich moisturizer) I see no reason why you should not continue using it over AlphaDermaCE. Try seeing the results with or without. The main thing is you ALWAYS apply Mineral Prep, AlphaDermaCE FIRST.

Winnie
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Is CE made for people of certain age? I'm wondering whether I should start using it as a preventative measure (I'm 26).

AlphaDermaCE can be used at any age. Certainly it would be a preventative around any frown lines. Forehead, crows feet, smile lines would be a great place to pat some on. Smile A good portion of people start getting set in lines and wrinkles in their thirties. Drier skin types tend to show fine lines and wrinkles earlier.
ndaist
5% products discount

Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your advice Winnie Smile . Now I'm really looking forward to receiving the 5-day sample pack.

Would using the Frownies on top of everything else at night stop any of the products from penetrating my skin?

I really hope the ADCE helps with firming my face - otherwise I may need a crane to haul up my saggy cheeks! Wink
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Your very welcome Smile

I see no problem using Frownies but perhaps you won't need them. If you apply Frownies do so about 1/2 hour after AlphaDermaCE.
ndaist
5% products discount

Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Probably shouldn't be jumping the gun until I've tried the 5-day sample pack but, hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll love the products and then have to decide what to order.

With money being a bit tight (isn't it always!! Rolling Eyes ) I need to weight up some things.

It would either be:
ADCE
Skin prep
vit. c&c
Okusil

or

ADCE
Skin prep
Derma Excel

It all depends on:
a) would my diy vit.c cream suffice?
b) would the ADCE and Derma Excel work just as well on under eye lines and firming eye-lids as the Okusil?

What would you do????
pipz3

Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad I am new to this site. Yesterday i went for an Isolagen consultation and was told I would need Botox, eye surgery and a face lift!!! I did not think it was that bad!

I have come across your product and it sounds very impressive...will it work? I have deep 'expresion' lines on my forehead, lines around my eyes lines around my mouth and a deep nasal line. I have recently lost 12 kg and unfortunately these lines are now apparent.
HELP!

Winnie wrote:
Quote:

First, I have never used Relax-A-Line so I can't comment on that. However, I would say I have been using Janson-Beckett products longer then anyone on the forum so I feel very comfortable commenting on them. Please do not use PURE argireline on your face. It would be MUCH too drying. Pure hyaluronic acid is fine as a light moisturizer over other products but will not give the results of Janson-Becketts anti-aging line.

Quote:

That is a tough question. For me JB products have made the most dramatic difference. We are all different. Many EDS members have also had fantastic results from JB. Others have found products that suit their skin. You will find what works best for you. Smile

The five day sample pack IMO is fine to see how you like the feel of the product and how you skin reacts. As soon as I put AlphaDerma on my face I did note a firming that was my main concern. My face got so saggy after losing weight. The results I have received from Mineral Prep and AlphaDerma are nothing less then amazing. Obviously, five day is not going to give you the results you are looking for.

Quote:

Absolutely, DMAE help firm and tighten the skin. AlphaDerma contains DMAE as well as Argireline, Elastin, Collagen, Soy, Vit. C. IMO these ingredients all work together to keep you skin soft and firm while minimizing fine lines and wrinkles. I couldn't imagine buying all these ingredients separately. For a short time I did use JB's DMAE Serum in addition to AlphaDerma on my neck. While I did note even more of a firming it was just too many steps for me. I am one of those people that can't spend too much time with skin care and makeup.

I worked for Janson-Beckett for a few months as a sales rep. in my area. One important thing I learned was that just the right amount of ingredients and blending of is what makes all the difference. AlphaDerma for the average
price of 129.00 for 4 oz. is a great deal when you break it down by ounce. One bottle last me 4 months using on my whole face and neck. Rolling Eyes Oh, I do think the Mineral Prep under AlphaDerma is wonderful.

While I think Okusil is a wonderful product I like using Mineral Prep and AlphaDermaCE around my orbital bone.

You mentioned DermaExcel 7. After using all JB products for 1 1/2 years I must say DermaExcel 7 did smooth out the deeper lines above my brow. My nose to mouth lines were minimal. DE 7 soften them even more.

Even though I am no longer a sales rep for JB I will alway be thankful for what their products have done for my face.

And yes, I do use other products Laughing . ie: PSF Pumpkin Peel keep my skin exfoliated so my JB products work well. I also use PSF Suncreen as a mositurizer over JB products (as needed).Over the past year plus I have tried other anti-aging products: StiVectin, IS Clinical etc. never finish a bottle and come back to: AlphaDerma, Mineral Prep, C&C and I will order DermaExcel 7.

btw: You only need to use a C Serum once a day. IMO morning is the best.
Crying or Very sad
ndaist
5% products discount

Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pipz3, a newbee just like me.

I'm also in the UK and before finding this site had never heard of half of the products mentioned. In our magazines we only get to hear of products sold in the UK (fair enough I suppose). It isn't until you look to the US and realise what's available.

I bet you were shocked when you were told you needed botox, eye surgery and a face lift - I b***dy well would be (it sounds very harsh as a first step). I would give some of the products mentioned on this site a whirl before even considering anything drastic.

Because I'm very new to all this I don't really know the ins and outs (I think users like Winnie are great for advice).

For a starting point (and this is what I did) do a search for Alphaderma - from what I can see that seems a very popular choice. Users have reported that it gets rid of fine lines, firms the skin and the Derma Excel 7 is the strongest on the market for deep lines.

There are so many products out there that have been getting v. positive feedback aswell - Rejuvinol, Renova, Retin-a, Browtox to name but a few.

I always think it's a good idea to try a sample first so I ordered the Alphaderma 5-day sample pk from ebay (radiancequeen) I believe it was $17.99 plus $6.00 p&p. I've also just ordered some epidermx from ebay (it's got great reviews on this site as a home microdermabrasion).

Sorry to go on and on but I hope it was of some help.

Nicole
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Probably shouldn't be jumping the gun until I've tried the 5-day sample pack but, hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll love the products and then have to decide what to order.

With money being a bit tight (isn't it always!! ) I need to weight up some things.

ndaisy,

Sounds like you already have a Vit C. Where funds are tight, like many of us, continue using the C you have. No need to waste. Smile

IMHO AlphaDerma and Mineral Prep are the heart of JB products. If I could only manage to buy a few products they would be my choice. DermaExcel7 is an added bonus to spot treat stubborn areas. HTH
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I am new to this site. Yesterday i went for an Isolagen consultation and was told I would need Botox, eye surgery and a face lift!!! I did not think it was that bad!

I have come across your product and it sounds very impressive...will it work? I have deep 'expresion' lines on my forehead, lines around my eyes lines around my mouth and a deep nasal line. I have recently lost 12 kg and unfortunately these lines are now apparent.
HELP!

Please understand JB products are NOT mine and I no longer represent them.Shock

Skin firming was why I purchased AlphaDerma CE. In my case it worked. Dancing Rather then the sample pack I think the 1/2 ounce AlphaDermaCE would be the best way for you to try the product. I do believe the Prep is a must. You should see a noticable difference after using the 1/2 ounce trial size ADCE. If you have satisfying results you could confidently purchase the Prep and full size ADCE.

I have no idea how old you are and the condition of your skin (only as stated from your post). A facelift was and never will be an option for me. JB products certainly have given my 60 year old face a very youthful LIFT. All I ask is that I look the best I can for my age. JB products are not a facelift! We need to be realistic. Wink
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |