Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
How to cover a red bumpy nose naturally? =(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have this problem here? I have mild rosacea, so during winter, my nose is always pinkish or red and there're tiny pimple-liked bumps on it. To make things worse, the pores on my nose are quite noticeable too. Does anyone know of any ways or techniques to cover just the nose naturally? I don't feel like doing a full face makeup. But if I just cover the nose, it might look too obvious. If anyone knows of anything, pls share it =) Thank you! Very Happy
Mabsy

Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggesting using something along the lines of Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream on the nose area to help reduce the size of the pores - that way you don't have to worry about covering them up. Apart from that, perhaps a pore minimiser? I haven't tried these, but they are supposed to "fill in" the pores and make the skin appear smooth. I know Clinique makes one, as do other companies I'm sure....

In terms of redness, other than opting for skincare that calm down the skin, have you tried mineral makeup at all? That tends to cover redness very well and is gentle of rosacea skin (so I'm told).

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:17 am      Reply with quote
My aunt has suffered from Rosacea for as long as I can remember. Here is a link she recommended:

http://rosacea.iinet.net.au/mytreatments.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for replying. My rosacea is not that serious, it's very mild. It only gets worse in the winter and at other times, it is perfectly fine. My nose gets red very easily when it's too cold or hot. And there're bumps on it that I can't seem to get rid of.

Anyway Mabsy, you mentioned using a pore minimizer but I heard those usually clogs your pores thus making it worse. As for mineral makeup, I did try that once but it made me look kinda powdery and made up! Maybe I didn't apply it right? Sad
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Stardustdy,
I use Clinque's pore minimizer. It works and I don't find it clogging my pores along with Dr. H CC and regular mask etc. From what I am aware of, pores can look smaller when they are clean but if want to actually shrink them, only laser and long time use of retina and other vit-a product could work.
I hope this helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:16 am      Reply with quote
stardusty: Roseacea is a disease that worsens progressively in stages. You may be in the mild stages just now but please don't think that just because it seems mild right now that it will always be that way. It always gets worse without treatment so please do some more research and if necessary see a doctor to prevent the later stages if possible.

You can get great information all about Roseacea from this site:
http://drnase.com/recent_headlines.htm

best wishes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Wildcat and Rosyface for your concerns! I did see a dermatologist before and he said that there's nothing much you can do about it but to avoid the factors that aggravate my rosacea. Seriously, I do agree in a way cuz there's really nothing much I can do about it. I don't feel like taking any drugs or putting on any ointment on my face for now cuz it's really not that serious now. I tend to flush a lot under stress or pressure...especially in winter. So I really don't know. But I will certainly keep what you said in mind. Thank you so much! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |