Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Dr. H C.C users!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
hey all you Dr. H C.C (and homemade C.C) users!

i wanted to know how long you guys' initial break out lasted?

i am using the homemade version (almond meal with water and a little jojoba oil) I have been using this for 3 days now and i've noticed little white heads (milia) all over my face.. is this the "so-called" initial break out?... or is the CC too "heavy" for me?

(btw. i use a drop of jojoba oil to moisterize after the C.C,)

thanks all

April
KT
5% products discount

Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi April,

When I first started using the CC (the original) for a week I had 3 big whiteheads but after that my skin was amazing! Even with the whiteheads though, all the skin between is started getting a really nice glow which is how I knew it was going to be good for my skin.

All the best, I really hope the product works for you, I have been so happy with it Pray

If the homemade stuff doesn't work, it might pay to try a sample of the real stuff..?

5% products discount

Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I also had a few whiteheads when I started using the DIY CC.

Also, I've tinkered with Carekate's original recipe, and find the ground almond meal mixed with water works the best. Grinding the almonds allows for the oils to be released and when mixed with water, it forms an emulsion that cleans really well. If you're still breaking out in a week or so, you might want to leave out the oil.
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I usually breakout with every new product I try but I never had this problem with Dr. H CC. Maybe because I skip moisturizer after? My skin is combo/oily though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
My initial breakout lasted about a week. Plain red blemishes -- it wasn't very severe at all, just some breakouts near my jawline.
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
i never had this problem, maybe you are putting a little too much oil in your homemade version? although looking at what you've put in ti maybe not hmm...

Kiwigirl.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the reply...

i don't think i put in too much oil.... its literally two drops of jojoba oil...

is the the jojoba oil i use to moisterize after that's causing this?
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I can't recall where I read it ... but perhaps in the DIY thread ... someone said that it was the added oil that caused some of the homemade DHCC to mold ... and that you didn't need to add additional oil ... that if you let the almonds grind enough they would begin to "weep" out their oils.

So ... that's what I have done. I just grind the almonds to that stage ... and then press the mixture more [a mortar and pestle was suggested ... but since I don't have that, I just use a heavy shot glass to help press] until I have enough oil ... I then add some distilled water and a smidge of witch hazel [the kind without alcohol] and that's it.

I haven't been using this version long enough to comment on the original question ... but the not adding additional oil made sense to me.

Mary
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
No initial breakout for me with use of this so can't really comment.
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:04 am      Reply with quote
i 'm on my 3rd week of using and still having breakouts (4 to 5 red, swollen cysts and few small whitehads)...is this normal??

but i still continue using it cos the rest of my face is having a nice, clean glow...

this is my 1st time using DHCC, on top of which i also use the Rythmic Night Conditioner for 14 days...
Mabsy

Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:50 am      Reply with quote
It's hard to say if it's "normal" really. Everybody's skin is different and reacts differently. My breakout was very minor and lasted a few days, some have had bigger ones that went away and some continued to have breakouts and had to stop.

Are you using it twice daily? Are you using another cleaner before using this?

Poppy wrote:
i 'm on my 3rd week of using and still having breakouts (4 to 5 red, swollen cysts and few small whitehads)...is this normal??

but i still continue using it cos the rest of my face is having a nice, clean glow...

this is my 1st time using DHCC, on top of which i also use the Rythmic Night Conditioner for 14 days...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:38 am      Reply with quote
hi mabsy!!

i use it in the evening after removing my make up with L'Occitane Cleanser. I also did the press and roll motion, my skin felt really bright and clear after the whole routine. And i can also see lots of whiteheads popping out to the surface by themselves!
thats why i still continue to use it despite the breakouts, which initally I thought was the purging part...but it's been a month now and still the acne keeps coming?? even though i notice the rest of my face is looking pretty good??hmm...

i also use Dermalogica Microfoliant 2-3 times a week, usually in the morning.

at night i am now starting to use Kosmea Rose Hip Oil on my face. I really love it! I wake up with a dewy look on my face, even if i only put a little bit. I am almost sure the rosehip oil has nothing to do with the breakouts as they already started b4 this, right around the time i started using DHCC and the Rythmic Night Conditioner (i already finished the RNC thats why i switch to the rosehip oil)

Sorry it's rather long, i just want you to get a clearer picture of what i am doing right/wrong, hope i can get some advice pls!!!
Mabsy

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Poppy wrote:
i use it in the evening after removing my make up with L'Occitane Cleanser. I also did the press and roll motion, my skin felt really bright and clear after the whole routine. And i can also see lots of whiteheads popping out to the surface by themselves!
thats why i still continue to use it despite the breakouts, which initally I thought was the purging part...but it's been a month now and still the acne keeps coming?? even though i notice the rest of my face is looking pretty good??hmm...

i also use Dermalogica Microfoliant 2-3 times a week, usually in the morning.

I think that's about the time when I'd be thinking "darn, I really wanted this to work but it doesn't seem to". Is this the only thing you introduced prior to using the Kosmea (which I love btw! Love their SPF30+ and their serum!), I mean apart from the RNC? I just wonder if the combination of the L'Occitane and the Dr H is too rich. I'm trying to put myself in your shoes and I think I would stop using it at your stage and see how the skin responds. I'm also concerned that using the Microfoliant three times a week and also the Dr H CC (twice daily?) is too much for your skin. I think the most logical choice to drop out at the moment is the Dr H CC, if your skin recovers then you could experiment with using a different cleanser with the DR H CC or not using the Microfoliant if you were game to repeat the experiment Smile

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |