Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
cover up!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:29 am      Reply with quote
hello people of the forum.

although I am now trying to get in the habit of baring my skin as is - what is the point of hiding it if that is the way it looks - instead opting to better my skin to a point where i don't have to cover up! (even though i have an awful [vit c induced?] breakout)

anyway... i sometimes use benefit rebel which is a tinted moisturiser however do any of you know anything similar which has a miniral base and doesn't clog up the skin. even though rebel isn't too bad for that.

thanks.
Mabsy

Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:19 am      Reply with quote
May I suggest a little bit of loose mineral foundation mixed in with your sunblock instead? It will give some coverage (little) but will give you a tint and will be mineral based Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Why don’t you try an actual mineral makeup? When wearing a mineral foundation, all you see is perfect skin, not perfectly made-up skin. I mean, come on!! You don’t think all of us ladies have complexions that are *that* perfect, do you?! And mineral makeup has a built in SPF15 and is completely non-comodogenic. There is nothing more pure that you can put in your skin! And nobody but you will know that you're wearing it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I've just ordered lycogel which is supposed to allow the skin to breathe.
yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:51 am      Reply with quote
What would you recommend carekate? I have no idea I have never used make up before and I don't really want to (I am a guy) I just used to use a tinted moisturiser and was looking for a replacement that wasn't so thick and gloopy.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:34 am      Reply with quote
aveda is very good, not as greasy as the Rebel in my opinion.

Actually the mineral make up is pretty good, it doesn't give a made up look unless you pile loads of it on, so it might be ok for you if not all over your face you can just dab it on areas you want to conceal.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:55 am      Reply with quote
what brand/product would i look for? also any suggestions for under-eye concealing? can you do that with mineral make up?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:15 am      Reply with quote
yusufosman wrote:
What would you recommend carekate?
At first, mineral makeup can appear quite costly (between $30-$40USD for a container or compact) until you realize that you only use a tiny bit at a time so that the jar or compact will last at least six months. The other part of the initial investment is making sure that you have to correct tool for applying it, which typically means a nice, soft, fluffy makeup brush, although some mineral makeup users prefer a flocked sponge which gives (IMHO) a heavier coverage.

I seriously believe that mineral makeup will give you the look that you’re after – completely flawless-looking but totally bare and natural looking, it’ll cover up your problem areas but nobody will know you’re wearing anything at all. I think the result would be even more subtle then your current tinted moisturizer.

However, it’s important that you select the right brand and shade of mineral makeup for you. For example, Bare Escentuals is great, but it leaves you with a pearly looking finish – great for ladies with dryer skin types who want to look all dewy and youthful (BE makes oily broads like me look even greasier), but not really appropriate for a guy.

As a man, you want to use a mineral makeup that has a completely *matte* finish because the goal is simply to even out your skin tone and (if applicable) use it to conceal minor imperfections (i.e.: dark circles, old scars, hyperpigmentation areas, etc) without looking like a drag queen the morning after who forgot to remove her (his?) pancake foundation from the night before!! Shock For this, I think Jane Iredale would fit the bill perfectly!

Yusufosman, I would recommend that you obtain some samples of JI mineral foundations in both loose and pressed powder formulations so that you can find the shade that perfectly matches your skin tone/color as well as so you can see which formulation gives you the desired result.

I’m guessing you’d probably feel self-conscious about marching down to your authorized Jane Iredale retailer in London and asking the sales assistant to help you pick out your perfect shade! The only alternative that would leave you would be to order some JI samples fromwww.skin-etc.com and have them shipped to you to try out in the privacy of your own home. The samples cost $3 each and I found that the sample container give me enough product to last 6 weeks, even though I was applying it each day! Skin-etc also charges a flat shipping fee of $5.00USD no matter how many samples you purchase, but I’m not sure how much they charge for international shipping but I have an idea about how to circumvent that....

Getting these samples would also give you the opportunity to apply the mineral makeup and test it out the look/effect at home (i.e.: walk around your house and use a mirror to look at your face from different angles in different lighting situations to make sure it looks completely natural) before you have to go out in public wearing your “new face.” If you have a trusted friend or loved one whose opinion you could ask while you’re wearing the mineral foundation do see if they think you look “made up.”

If you’re still interested in buying some of my homemade skincare stuff, send me another PM because I have an idea about how we can get you some of those JI samples to try out without (possibly) having to pay extortion-ary shipping charges to get them sent to the UK....

HTH,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:16 am      Reply with quote
yusufosman wrote:
also any suggestions for under-eye concealing? can you do that with mineral make up?
Yes. You can conceal just about anything with mineral foundation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:27 am      Reply with quote
ooo thank you thank you thank you. I definitely DO NOT want to look like a drag queen! Arghhhh.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |