Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Skin Care Recommendations Please
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kldawson
5% products discount

Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

I was hoping somebody would be able to suggest a good skin care range for me.

I have oily conjested skin and suffer from open pores, blackheads, whiteheads and breakouts.

I am getting married in 8 months and would like to have clear skin by then if possible.

Thanks for your help

Mabsy

Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi there Smile

First of all, congratulations on getting married. I wish you all the best. I bet you're now having fun planning the big day!

As far as the skin care regime goes, well I'm not going to go that far because I have combo skin myself so I don't know the best regime for you. However I would like to suggest two products which are suitable for all skin types and should help you with your skin worries.

First, the Dermalogica Microfoliant Very Happy It's a daily powder exfoliator that is supposed to even out skin tone and reduce blackheads etc (the general effects of an exfoliator).

Second, the Decleor Essential Balm. This is great for purifying the skin and reducing the amount of blackheads. It seems desceptively oily but it works well!

It's late so I'm not going to go into great detail about these, but they have been reviewed by many members of this forum and you can do a search of the product review thread to dig them up if you're interested.

Hope that helps. I'm sure other members will chime in with their suggestions too Wink

Mabsy
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi there kldawson!

Congratulations on your engagement!

Having clear skin for the big day is a must, of course.

While I would suggest to you all my great skin care products, I think a "must" at this point is to go to a well-known day spa in your area for regular facials. If you don't get regular facials, this will be a nice "perk" in the 8 months to come. If you do get regular facials, then perhaps you can ask your aesthetician to help you cleanse the skin more formally in preparation for your wedding.

First off, I know it's somewhat expensive. $80 per facial is hefty, but I think it'll be KEY in helping you clear up your skin for your wedding. If you want to STOP going to the spa after you get married, that's perfectly fine. But really -- invest in some facials for 8 months (once per month might be all you need) and you'll see a good difference.

Now facials aside, I would recommend finding a good cleanser and make-up remover. More often than not my break-outs occur due to lack-of-clear-cleansing. Sometimes I just wash my skin with formally "removing the make up." Yonka Gel Nettoyant is a great make-up remover. It's also a cleanser but all you have to do is wash your skin twice if you want -- once to remove the make up, the second time to really "cleanse" the skin.

Next, I would get a good exfoliator. Mabsy's right -- Dermalogica's Microfoliant is a great exfoliator. Big beads are no good -- the smaller the beads, the better. The Microfoliant is in powder form and is activated with water, so try using that.

Also, you'll need a good face mask once or twice a week to help you with extractions or just to heal any acne conditions. I use Peter Thomas Roth's Sulfur Cooling Masque. It's GREAT for acne. If you see something flaring up or just popped a pimple, use this masque right away to help alleviate redness and recurrence. After extractions, I sometimes use PTR's Cucumber Gel Masque -- it's a very light masque but it helps with sensitivities (ie: if you have a lot of redness or inflammation). Depending on how sensitive your skin is, I would use both. The Sulfur Masque dries out the skin if you don't use moisturizer at night so you want something to even out the power.

Another thing to try if you've got the financial funds: Valmont Renewing Pack. I just started using this and it is AMAZING. It's about $150 for 50 mL so it's a bit hefty, BUT it's really made a difference for my skin. Everyone on this forum LOVES it and well, I am now a "victim" hee hee hee. Everyone uses it differently, too. Some people put it on their skin and just leave it on; others remove the product after 10 minutes or so -- to find glowing skin beneath. I use it at nighttime. I put on the product and leave it on all night. It smells very good and doesn't dry out my skin. It's really helped to even out the texture and tone of my skin. Some "red" spots I had from old pimples are healing VERY dramatically -- and it's given me a new sense of confidence. And keep in mind -- I've only been using this product for not even a WEEK. I know it's expensive, but it's something that you may want to indulge in for a while to see if it works for you. It's made in Switzerland, and I think the price speaks for itself -- the product is AMAZING. Barbara Portno, Mabsy, Leiladao, and I all use it -- even Magda (one of the moderators of this forum) uses it. It's our secret weapon for skin. I would definitely recommend it because I bet it'll help with your skin condition no matter what. I didn't notice a "glow" like other people had (but that's likely cuz my skin isn't in tip-top condition to begin with) but the Renewing Pack has helped alleviate my red spots. I thought I would need to use a "brightener" or "whitener" but lo and behold, all I needed was Valmont's Renewing Pack!

OK, so for whiteheads and acne, I also use Proactiv Solution. That stuff has worked wonders for me -- but recently I've started to rely on Yonka Juvenil (spot treatment) and Valmont's Renewing Pack. Proactiv is about $45 for the set (cleanser, toner, acne medication) and it really helps you -- with a money back guarantee.

I know, I know, all these options, what do you do?! Some products might work for you, others might not. I would start off by going to your aesthetician and seeing what she recommends. And really -- invest the money into it if you can because it'll help your skin a lot. Also talk with the ladies at EDS -- they'd love to give you advice and recommend products for your skin type.

Anyway -- perhaps my post isn't very helpful but it's just some thoughts. Please ask more questions as we'd all love to help!

Lisa
kldawson
5% products discount

Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Chunlisa I have ordered those masks that you recommended - hopefully they will do the trick!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |