Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

effective milia treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
che

Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I got rid of my milia (facial oilseeds) using naturalis milia treatment. This product is applied on the milia seeds directly and after 4 days of treatment, the milia beads are visibly smaller. On longer term use of up to a week, the milia is completely cleared permanently. Suggest to use a mild cleanser prior to using the milia treatment and to use the treatment day and night (let cream be absorbed completely and preferably overnight) . More reviews and discussions here

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-35,GGLD:en&q=organic+milia+treatment+naturalis
Saz2610

Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've posted before saying how good this stuff is. Mine was very bad and I have sensitive skin so I have been a bit careful with it but over the last few months it has got rid of half of my bumps. Still only used half a pot too.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I actually got rid of mine with the IS Clinical active serum within about a week of use. I was so thrilled because they had been there for months!
Lili
5% products discount

Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I will NEVER forget my milia experience -- years ago I was shopping in Sephora, and a salesperson told me I had milia -- I never really thought about them! Anyhow, once they were pointed out to me I became obsessed with getting rid of them. A sales lady behind the cosmetci counter at Nordstroms told me I needed an exfoliating scrub to get rid of them. She gave me generous smaples of a couple products to use. Well, I went home, used the under-eye exfoliators as per her instructions -- and woke up to the biggest raccoon eyes ever! My under-eye areas looked bruised! It was worse than having milia! Anyow, it took like a week to calm down -- my milia has never returned.
pharaoh
5% products discount

Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:23 am      Reply with quote
can any of you guys give me a place to order this? i tried on the link provided and it just didnt work. im in st. louis missouri. ive written the company, but since they are in singapore im not holding out hope. any other on line vendors? Rolling Eyes
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Tamgirl-were the milia around your eyes or lips? I need to get rid of some around my lips and I do have a sample of the active serum laying around. My med/spa person told me they were caused by too much calcium intake but I've never heard that before. Another one said the only way to get rid of them was a derm scraping and extraction.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I've had a milia problem under my eyes for years and finally went to a derm for advice. She told me the only way to treat them was by laser and even then there was no guarantee that they wouldn't come back Sad

Anya
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Annie - The milia were around my eyes, mostly my upper eyelid. I had about 10 or so and they were there for over a month. The active serum got rid of them pretty easily, but I did also manually exfoliate them as well. From my understanding, milia is actually trapped sebum under the skin. So, if you can break through that top layer of skin, then they will come out and dissipate.

Let us know if this works for you too. I had tried about everything and that was the only thing that worked for me! Very Happy
Gwynnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I used to get them and still do if I use a product that is too greasy or waxy. My aesthetician used to use a very fine scalpel to cut through that top layer of skin and remove them. I'd never try that myself though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tamgirl Very Happy My problem is that they are deeply embedded since I've had them for years and it's not like they can be 'popped'. I did have an aestetician try to squeeze them, but she gave up and recommended the derm.
I am finding that my latest regime of J-B products (Skin Prep, Vit C & C, Alphaderma CE and Okusil) are having a 'flattening' effect, which I can live with. Only thing is, I dunno if its all of these products, or just one of them that's doing the trick Confused

Anya
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Hi Tamgirl Very Happy My problem is that they are deeply embedded since I've had them for years and it's not like they can be 'popped'. I did have an aestetician try to squeeze them, but she gave up and recommended the derm.
I am finding that my latest regime of J-B products (Skin Prep, Vit C & C, Alphaderma CE and Okusil) are having a 'flattening' effect, which I can live with. Only thing is, I dunno if its all of these products, or just one of them that's doing the trick Confused

Anya

Hmmm...If you can, I would try to add something with a better exfoliant in it to get the skin cells to turn over a bit faster, like a retinol product or something with high AHA's. I think it was the AHA's in the active serum that finally did the trick for me. I looked over the ingredients again for the JB products and I don't see anything that would give this same effect. I'm hoping Winnie will step in if I'm wrong on that. Embarassed

I'm sorry you've had to deal with these for so long. I just had them for a month and I thought THAT was miserable. Rolling Eyes Good luck!!! Very Happy
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I remember Winnie did recommend AHA to me awhile back in another thread. I asked at Sephora for an eye treatment with AHA and the SA had no clue, so I haven't pursued it since.

However since we're on the topic again, I'd really appreciate if someone could recommend an eye cream with AHA?

TIA
Anya
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
My derm said these are created by too much cholesterol in your diet, I had one under one eye long ago, so I cut out all super fat foods and wala it went away quickly....so not sure if he was right but when I did what he suggested it was gone. Now I am assuming these are those tiny white bumps that one cannot pop or remove. At least thats what mine was.
Mabsy

Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:51 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
However since we're on the topic again, I'd really appreciate if someone could recommend an eye cream with AHA?

I've successfully used the MD Formulations Vit-A-Plus eye cream to get rid of millia. I only use it as a spot treatmnet though because I find it too strong to use all the time around my eyes. Neostrata also makes a PHA eye cream that is supposed to be gentler and still exfoliating - have not tried that one yet though. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:22 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
My problem is that they are deeply embedded since I've had them for years and it's not like they can be 'popped'.
I've got a few of them on my upper check area, near the eye contour. Once you’re actually able to extract the little buggers, you’ll discover that they really are seed-like because they feel hard, as opposed to blackhead plugs which are sort of soft and able to be “squished.”

Anyway, I was able to soften up the skin covering a lot of my milia via regular use of the aspirin mask so that I was able to squeeze them to extract the ‘seed.’ The few that remained that simply would not go away I actually used a hypodermic needle (my mom’s a diabetic and she uses this super-fine point needles to inject her insulin) to make a tiny puncture in the “shell” (i.e.: tough skin covering) and then was able to easily squeeze the little seed out. Once that was done, known of them have come back....

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy now that I think of it, it was you who'd previously recommended the Vit-A-Plus eye cream - thanks for reminding me Very Happy

Carrie if they were located anywhere other than my undereye area, I'd go at them with a pneumatic drill if I thought it'd work Laughing Since you mentioned the Asprin Mask - do you think I could use it in this delicate area? If so then I'd give that a 'go' before ordering the Vit-A cream.

Anya
ashleyben

Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, i have around 10 milia around my eyelid. It is rily terrible!! i i just buy naturalis milia treatment last week and have been using in my mili for around 4 days.I am worry, i have not see any improvement yet.Is that my method is wrong? I use cotton bud to apply the cream on the milia. How thick u all use? Just a thin layer or u apply very thick until can see the whitish color? i only apply once daily. Besides, when i call the 'organic online", the lady sugest that we cannot apply the cream on milia that are close to each other on the same day,if not these milia wil merge? This sound pretty scary to me!! She also mention we are not suppose to wear make up when we using the cream,if not will affect the result? Any advice on this?
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry if I missed this, but where do you buy Naturalis Milia Treatment?

Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:31 am      Reply with quote
can i get naturalis milia treatment at less price on any other site than organic online. it looks very expensive (148$). i searched in other forums where i founds some have puchased it for 95$.
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
i had have one in my teens under the left eye, below the lash line...

recently i got one - again under the left eye - but close to the lashes, so its less obvious...

but - strange thing, i find...

does anyone know a european (UK?) website where to order this, couldnt find any.. Question
barley
5% products discount

Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone been experiencing extreme dryness after using the naturalis treatment? Also, a burning/tingling feeling once applied to eyelids?
saurabh_thakur

Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:41 am      Reply with quote
there is one product that is much cheaper than naturalis. it is Beta Hydroxy Acid. u can view it at paula's choice website (sorry i dont have rights to enter a url here... search through google) though they haven't mention about milia in product description, it really clears the milia and also other problems as well (pimples,blemishes). it comes in two types 1% BHA and 2% BHA. i think for milia under eyes 1% BHA will be good. it is really an amazing product. they even provide samples (u have to buy sample) if u want to try the product before purchasing it. i started using it 3 days before and getting significant results already..
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
saurabh_thakur wrote:
there is one product that is much cheaper than naturalis.it is Beta Hydroxy Acid.u can view it at paula's choice website(sorry i dont have rights to enter a url here..search through google)
though they haven't mention about milia in product description,it really clears the milia and also other problems as well(pimples,blemishes)
it comes in two types 1%BHA and 2%BHA.i think for milia under eyes 1% BHA will be good.it is really an amazing product.they even provide samples (u have to buy sample) if u want to try the product before purchasing it.
i started using it 3 days before and getting significant results already..

So what if I use an Aspirin Mask for those milia then? Cuz Aspirin contains BHA...
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Seems like everyone has problems with milia around the eye area...my milia problem is on my cheeks...all in a row, very deep and impossible to remove. Anyone out there have a similar problem with a solution? Had a few removed by my PS but they are persistent and just won't go away forever!
saurabh_thakur

Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy,
i really dont know much about aspirin mask. i was searching for better product on the net other than naturalis. when i read in another forum that a guy used BHA and his milia was cleared, i started searching for product containing BHA. i found 1%, 2% BHA products on paula's choice website. There it is clearly mentioned that they can be applied around the eyes(not to eyelids), thats why i bought it,and its working very nicely, my skin is also getting smoother,the milia around eyes is reducing slowly but yes it is reducing..
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |