Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
effective milia treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Okaaay. So Thursday night sleepless from stress, had an exam the next day I get fixated on removing the large milia under my eye. I get up from my bed examine the offending bump in the mirror and search out a needle. Looking around the house, I settle for a beading needle. I poke underneath the millia and try to squeeze it out - the damn thing is too big I guess and it won't budge. I poke it in two other places and the little incisions bleed but nothing comes out.
Thank god it healed and you can't tell I ever poked at it. I learned my lesson. I'll probably try some of the aforementioned products in the next few months but really living with a little bump under my eye isn't that bad. I'd rather that than a freaky extraction scar.

Thu May 07, 2009 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Please help me with the milia treatment i have been suffering from this from past two years .I tried retino but it dosent works at all.Doctor told me only way out is laser but still cant be guaranteed.

Hey saurabh, Does this product from paulas choice really works coz i have tried so many stuffs and nothing working out infact to ppl i showed they told ther is no solution to milia that was disheartening.
vacarno
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 12:37 am      Reply with quote
I feel that maybe the shisheido fits me well, cause i only make light makeup,hehe Smile Smile
mayhua
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:02 am      Reply with quote
i have 10 over of them on both my under-eye area. tried many poducts but don't seem to work. any kind soul can recommend something that really works?
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Mahua,

Try the other thread "enlarged pores and milia". There are several more posts and possibilities for treatment - especially the last few pages.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5763&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
cacipony
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
omg che, thank you so much for this.

is milia due to applying too much pdt on our face? like too much night cream?

cause i hv these on my cheeks and it sux!!

i only got rid of it by goin for facials where they do extractions
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I know something that works for milia. When I was in my twenties, I had a big problem with them on my upper and lower eyelids. I had very little money and couldn't go to the derm. I guessed at what would work and tried breaking open a vitamin E capsule. I put some vitamin E on it every night for two months. Yes, it took a full two months of doing it every single night but it worked. After about 6 weeks, they started to wipe away when I washed my face. They were completely gone within 8 weeks. Oh, and the vitamin E that you buy in a bottle doesn't work on milia. It's too thin. The only one that has worked for me is breaking open the capsules.

I wonder what would happen if you started with BHA's and then put the vitamin E on top of it. I wonder if that would speed up the process.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I had one just below my eye so I was afraid to poke it too much but I scrubbed the heck out of it with a good facial scrub and then in the evening put retin A all over my face including under my eyes. It took a little while but it did go away. I went to my derm and she thought she had it gone but it never helped at all. I hated that thing, it felt like a wart under my eye Sad Now I am very careful with my eye cream because I think that is what caused mine.
greengrasshopper
5% products discount

Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have milia around my lips and on my breasts too. Sad
chely
5% products discount

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Confused I have milia on forehead and a few on cheek's, would buying a personal microdermabrasion system help in time....I've been looking at the PMD at shopnbc does anyone have any suggestion , I did go for professional microdermabrasions, but she said i would have to come in 3 times a week for the 1st month then 2nd month once a week, (which will get expensive as I paid 120.00 a session) so I am considering buying.. just have heard about so many now I'm confused
allisonkh

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Tea tree oil!, for anyone interested in a simple, natural treatment for milia. I'm ecstatic with the results! I've gotten rid of approximately 12 that came about, apparently, due to some complication with contact lenses or the liquid solutions for them (needless to say I'm no longer using contacts). I was only told by my doctor that I needed to dry out the milia to get rid of them. I've always used tea tree oil for acne and razorburn, and it seemed like a logical option to me. I spot-treated the milia on my eyelids and lower lash line (delicately) with pure tea tree oil, applied with a q-tip. It is a strong substance, and one needs to be careful not to use too much or get it in the eye (that is quite painful), but I'm very happy with it and glad that I found a natural solution.
chely
5% products discount

Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:19 am      Reply with quote
allisonkh wrote:
Tea tree oil!, for anyone interested in a simple, natural treatment for milia. I'm ecstatic with the results! I've gotten rid of approximately 12 that came about, apparently, due to some complication with contact lenses or the liquid solutions for them (needless to say I'm no longer using contacts). I was only told by my doctor that I needed to dry out the milia to get rid of them. I've always used tea tree oil for acne and razorburn, and it seemed like a logical option to me. I spot-treated the milia on my eyelids and lower lash line (delicately) with pure tea tree oil, applied with a q-tip. It is a strong substance, and one needs to be careful not to use too much or get it in the eye (that is quite painful),but I'm very happy with it and glad that I found a natural solution.
Thank You i will have to get some Smile
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:33 am      Reply with quote
chely wrote:
Confused I have milia on forehead and a few on cheek's, would buying a personal microdermabrasion system help in time....I've been looking at the PMD at shopnbc does anyone have any suggestion , I did go for professional microdermabrasions, but she said i would have to come in 3 times a week for the 1st month then 2nd month once a week, (which will get expensive as I paid 120.00 a session) so I am considering buying.. just have heard about so many now I'm confused

I just saw the este doing the shows on shopnbc, she said PMD is great for millia or any microdermabrasion. I wrote more on the pmd thread.

hope that helps
Mimo

Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Plain lemon juice dabbed on with a cotton bud works well. This treatment, used over a few days, on some isolated milla allowed easy removal.

Will dry and irritate surrounding skin, and I don't know if it works with deeper ones
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I just pick at them or poke with a needle until they become irritated and I can squeeze them out or they come out on their own. No scars and no infection. My dermatologist told me to do it!
tefla
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I had one stubborn milium, if that's the singular form, by the side of my nose on my cheek. I'd had it for over 2 years and it was getting larger. Nothing had helped in terms of exfoliating, including Obagi Exfoderm.

Then, as I was using Perricone Blue Plasma all over my face, I decided to spot treat it and within a week it had expanded to the point where I could gently squeeze it and remove it.

2 months later, I'm so happy because no scars and no return.

Hope this helps.
gbinkster
5% products discount

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
im able to remove a few milia at a time with a needle and pushing. But in turn im leaving dark spots on my face Sad Cant take it anymore. Has anyone tried electrolysis? I seen on youtube it zaps them right off. Im very ready for that. If so, how much did it cost?
gbinkster
5% products discount

Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:18 am      Reply with quote
anyone?
Evikken

Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
gbinkster
Maybe you found a soloution 2 years ago Smile
BUT : These days, there are rf dot matrix lazers to get for less than 80 $ on ebay...
(I bought a smaller one , 23$ -smaller and with batteries...Though, I think my problems with millar is fading away Smile -The litle machine/device, is called :"Lazer and electricity remove eye wrinkle" KD 8900/8901.
The device is very cheap and litle, so you have to be patient ,-I have used it under/over my eyes, eleven/and around the moouth and nose..I think I see some differens and especially very pleased as I see the milles are away...Only the two biggest, stubborn left!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:36 am      Reply with quote
thanks guys. so many helpful hints.
makeupartistchoice guys told me to use pure tea tree oil to get rid of milia.
another website says using castor oil can help.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:25 am      Reply with quote
This is the worst thing you can do - lemon juice upsets the ph balance of skin plus is acidic and will do more harm than good. Milla is usually trapped oils so you can use something like ocm to remove the oils.
Mimo wrote:
Plain lemon juice dabbed on with a cotton bud works well. This treatment, used over a few days, on some isolated milla allowed easy removal.

Will dry and irritate surrounding skin, and I don't know if it works with deeper ones
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:29 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
This is the worst thing you can do - lemon juice upsets the ph balance of skin plus is acidic and will do more harm than good. Milla is usually trapped oils so you can use something like ocm to remove the oils.
Mimo wrote:

ocm is oil cleaning right?
i am confused how more oil can help trapped oil under the skin.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Because the oil is trapped under the skin you need something that helps to break up that trapped oil deposit, and start to remove or loosen the debris and oils and that’s where OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) comes in. The oils make it much more easier to dislodge and remove the trapped oil, plus it helps regularte the skins oil production and thus balances the skin out. The oils do this because they do so without stripping the skin of essential oils and thus upsetting the ph balance, but at the same time hydrating the skin too. Plus depending on which oil you use there are vitamins etc in there. Take Rosehip Oil – it has vit A, C, E in it.
preciousia wrote:

preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:16 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Because the oil is trapped under the skin you need something that helps to break up that trapped oil deposit, and start to remove or loosen the debris and oils and that’s where OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) comes in. The oils make it much more easier to dislodge and remove the trapped oil, plus it helps regularte the skins oil production and thus balances the skin out. The oils do this because they do so without stripping the skin of essential oils and thus upsetting the ph balance, but at the same time hydrating the skin too. Plus depending on which oil you use there are vitamins etc in there. Take Rosehip Oil – it has vit A, C, E in it.
preciousia wrote:

thanks TheresaMary
that's really knowledgeable and well explained.
Will Castor oil be good too?
Rose hip has lots of vitamins but i am not sure if it is too oily for me?
What oils do you recommend, i was going to DIY my own OCM Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Read the whole OCM thread here. Traditional OCM is olive oil plus castor oil – in different ratios depending on skin type.
preciousia wrote:
thanks TheresaMary
that's really knowledgeable and well explained.
Will Castor oil be good too?
Rose hip has lots of vitamins but i am not sure if it is too oily for me?
What oils do you recommend, i was going to DIY my own OCM Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |