Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Lauren Hutton Face Disk
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I just wonder if anybody has this product and what do you think of it. Looks like with everything in one compact, it would scale things down product wise. I also like the neutral shades instead of rainbow type colors. I'm thinking about purchasing this compact or if I should go with the 3 color try me.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the Face Disc approximately a year ago. I LOVE it. When I take the time to apply it I have the most natural, youthful look to my face. If you purchase it be sure to get her video as it is extremely helpful. My favorite product in the disc is the light concealer (put on laugh lines, corners of eyes). The whole idea is to sculpt. Highlight your best features while minimizing problem areas. Home Shopping Network always have good prices on it.

I have not visited Makeup Alley in ages. I believe MA has reviews on LH Face Disc.

Don't get OUT OF AFRICA as it has so many products you won't use (I do have it). My favorite is the round disc. If I remember correctly the try me trio does not have all the highlighters and blush that make the look complete. If you have a nice supply of brushes you don't need to purchase Lauren Huttons. Her brushes are nothing great.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot Winnie. You've been very helpful. I've been reading lots of positive reviews on the disk compact. In the mean time I have some similar shades that I've been using. And you're right. The neutral shades do skim the years off. Its such a nice look isn't it? I'm hoping our Canadian shopping channel gets her products up here soon. I may give up waiting and just get it off her website. And yes I do have my own brushes and I'll be sure to get the video as well.
cat1523

Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Hello Winnie,
I'm so happy to have found someone online that has actually purchased and used LH Face Disc! I've posted on several forums w/no luck. You don't have an email address listed so I'm asking here...if you don't mind answering my questions. First, what's your age or abouts...as I'm wondering if this product actually is for women over 40. Also, when you first used the disc, did you purchase the entire line..meaning did you purchase LH cleansers and moisturizers or did you use whatever you had been using and just used her makeup disc? So often makeup/foundation type products work well only when applied over the same line moisturizer, etc. How long have you been using it? Is it hard to master or is it something you can "get the hang" of quickly? Well, I think I've asked all my questions. If there's anything you'd like to add, please do so. I'm quite skeptical of ordering anything in the makeup area when seen on TV and had a bad experience w/Bare Minerals so I want as much info as possible.
Thanks so much.
Cat
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cat,

I am on my way out but will try to answer your questions the best I can. Feel free to Private Message me if I can help you further.
I am 60. The Face Disc can be bought solo. You can use your current skin care routine. I highly recommend you buy the video as it is a great help. Using the disc is moderately easy for someone who is use to applying makeup. In the beginning it took me approximately 15 minutes to apply. Now no more than 5 minutes. I have been using the Disc for about one year. Hope this helps and please feel free to private message me if I forgot anything. Smile
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Wow, that disk looks cool!!

Has anyone tried her foundation?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli,

I never tried her foundation. The nice things about the Disc is you don't need to wear any foundation unless you need full face coverage. Applied correctly the Face Disc gives your face a lovely, refreshed, youthful look and SO NATURAL. You could check Makeup Alley in regard to her other products. I did try her moisturizer/mascara and didn't like them. Last year I bought her AquaPress. While I thought it made a difference I found it to be just another step and couldn't be bothered with.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Winnie!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I too have this product, thanks to Winnie encouraging me to spend my money. I don't use it as often as I should but it is great for a night out. I really like the eyeliner.I don't want to disagree with Winnie but I will say I have always been really crap at putting on eyeliner and I can now put it on myself perfectly using the LH eyeliner brush. I brought all the brushes in a deal with the disc and they are all OK not fantastic, except for the eyeliner brush which is my best ever brush. Infact I was thinking about buying a couple of spares incase I lose mine. However LH shipping costs are daylight robbery. I think shipping on 2 teeny, light brushes was going to cost me more than the brushes. I know due to stuff I have had posted from USA that the real cost should be about $5.I don't like being ripped off.
I don't have anything else of hers besides the disc and brushes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Just thought I'd throw in my two sense. This is a great product. You can't really lose. LH has a nice return policy. For me, she'd have to pry it out of my kung foo grip to get her disk back. I'm a believer!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |