Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Cetaphil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Anyone of you using this cleanser. If yes how do you like it, and does it take away all the make-up?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I use Cetaphil for sensitive skin. It's good and reasonably priced and leaves my face soft. My derm recommends it. But then I use Dr H CC after.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Hey,

I use it. No, it does not take away all the makeup. I only use this in the mornings. At night I do the OCM. Before I discovered OCM (DIY recipe), I used to take off makeup with makeup remover first and then use Cetaphil.

Good luck,
Anna

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I like this stuff.....use it on and off. Very gentle and great for sensitive skin. But, I have heard mixed reviews on wether cetyl alcohol is the best thing for your skin. Confused ??

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks guys for the responses. So I think Cetaphil is better to use when you are not using makeup huh? I have heard about the oil cleansing method, but doesn`t it take a long time to remove makeup. Because sometimes I use olive oil to remove makeup, but it cost me a long time to get my makeup off. What about cleansing clothes, does anyone know natural ones that take makeup off easy? Thanks in advantage, bye!!!
DollyPotter
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I use it too, but only in the morning. If i use it in the evening, I find that I need to wash my face twice for it feel clean.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I use Cetaphil for years. I know some people don't like the feeling that a film is left on the face after washing but I don't mind the film. I do not like cleansers that leave my skin dry or tight after washing. I usually remove eye make up with a make up remover first. Then use Cetaphil then follow up with Dr. H CC.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I use Cetaphil at night and wipe it off with a facecloth. It removes my makeup. Mind you, most of makeup my comes off by itself during the day anyway. If I am wearing eye makeup I use eye makeup remover. Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil leaves a film? NO WAY!!!
I use it in the morning and I love it! I use the stronger one to take off my eye make-up and blush and it is amazing. There is nothing better then Cetaphil.

But about once a year as a treat, I would buy Cellcosmet cleanser but not worth the price. And I say that because it goes down the drain.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I like Cetaphil too. I started using it after I rubbed my face off exfoliating. Shock It was soothing, I used it without water, love it!! It's the sensitive skin one, the oily skin one is horrid and I don't recommend it at all.

I used it exclusively even after my skin healed, like others, in the evening I used a wash cloth and all my makeup came off with it unless it was a long-last makeup, then I needed to wash twice.

I don't think Cetyl Alcohol is bad for the skin, it's not alcohol like rubbing alcohol, it's a fatty alcohol and isn't an irritant.

I've even use it on my scalp and hair instead of shampoo, it's so gentle on my scalp and my hair doesn't end up like a big knotted mess I *need* conditioner to detangle. I just use a stronger shampoo once a week to deep clean.

I'm currently using Neutrogena's for sensitive skin, also good but will most likely go back to Cetaphil. I love the price and it gets my skin cleaner than Neutrogena. I also like JB cleansing milk even though it's rather heavily fragranced, it's very gentle but a bit pricey for me. I've also had good success with plain old glycerin and a wash cloth but it stings my eyes. ouch!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil rinses cleanly and does not leave a film. It does clean off makeup only not the LONG WEARING type. Its best to use a cold cream to wipe away foundation, eyeshadow and than wash with Cetaphil. You may have to wash a little longer thats all.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:06 am      Reply with quote
cetaphil is the only stuff ive ever used thats succeeded (sister suggested phisoderm, the fragrance turned me very blotchy eck), and i use soft cotton balls to take off any makeup thats on my skin. Then i gently rinse with luke warm water and it always gives a refreshed feeling. Cetyl alcohol is an emollient, and not an irritant unless maybe someone has extremely bad oil and acne and using emollients on the skin causes breakouts. But even so its a really really gentle ingredient..no need to worry about that. the oily skin version is horrid...so stick to the gentle...its amazing stuff.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Aha many good responses, so I might consider to buy Cetaphil. Only don`t know where to buy it Idea! I don`t think it is available here. Any online store where I can order and that delivers to the Netherlands also? I love the idea about using at as a shampoo also Laughing!!!
Thanks guys.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Wanted to add (yes, I'm a flake, I'm always adding something) that I stopped using Cetaphil on my face a couple months ago in a mad search to figure out what causing some extra blackheads and breakouts. It turned out to be my foundation, not the Cetaphil. Cetyl Alcohol is an emmolient so I figured that was the culprit but it really isn't. I'm back in love with Cetaphil! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I cannot use cetaphil. It dried out my face and cause my dermatitis to flareup. I tried to use up the bottle by using it to shave my legs. I ended up with hives on my legs. Had to toss the bottle Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Mtview, you poor lady! Did you ever try glycerin only?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm happy Lolli that you are back with Cetaphil!
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lolli,

Thanks for remembering me Very Happy Right now I am using reviva sensitive cleansing gel. It is slightly drying but no bad reactions. Knock wood...

(I had a bad reaction to the beloved aquanil on MUA Sad )

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:47 am      Reply with quote
mtview,

Have you seen a doctor about this?
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Laslavic wrote:
mtview,

Have you seen a doctor about this?

You mean let getting an allergy test done or something?

I figure it is the SLES in aquanil that gave me contact dermatitis. It is only a guess though. I am avoiding any cleanser with sls, sles, foaming agent etc. It is hard to find a cleanser that doesn't have any surfactants and friendly to dermatitis-prone skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Oh, ok
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
Hi Lolli,

Thanks for remembering me Very Happy Right now I am using reviva sensitive cleansing gel. It is slightly drying but no bad reactions. Knock wood...

(I had a bad reaction to the beloved aquanil on MUA Sad )

I'm glad you've found one that doesn't give a bad reaction! I've never tried Aquanil but Spectrogel gets rave reviews too and I can't use it. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Laslavic wrote:
I'm happy Lolli that you are back with Cetaphil!

Me too, it's cheap and easy to get here. Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |