Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
white-heads
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:36 am      Reply with quote
why oh why am I suddenly getting white-heads?!

I haven't had spots for years and then all of a sudden my face is getting white-heads and I don't know why.

I have introduced Vit C in to my regime and thought it was from that...but this is what I use:

AM:
Cleanse: Dr H CC (I still don't know if I use it right but oh well)
Tone: Dr H Clarifying Toner
PSF Vit C
PTR Power K
Bio-elements Quick refiner
Valmont Renewing Pack
Avene SPF 50+

PM:
Cleanse: Dr H CC
Tone: Dr H Clarifying Toner
PSF Vit C
PTR Power K
Bio-elements Quick refiner

I also use the PSF Pumpkin Enzyme mask and also the Dr H Rejuvenating Mask once a week or as needed.

My skin is well I don't know what my skin is any more!

HELP!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Hello yusufosman,
I noticed that you use only Dr.H CC to clean your face, both morning and night. Dr. H CC is not a cleanser, it is more like a exfoliant. You need to use a cleanser before you use Dr. H CC especially at night time. I think this is the reason why you are getting whiteheads.
I hope this helps Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:51 am      Reply with quote
i thought it was a cleanser? it does say cleansing cream! so i am to use another cleanser as well. hmmmm. more to buy, more to buy!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Yes yusufosman,
the name of Dr. H CC is very misleading Confused
Use a cleanser that is gentle then follow up with Dr. H CC. You can use just Dr. H CC in the morning if you feel your skin doesn't feel oily. Personally, I use Cetaphil before Dr. H CC. I like it and it is cheap.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I shall give it a shot! Bit of a silly name for a product then if it isn't meant to cleanse your skin! It does say on their website that it is a cleanser too and not an exfoliant! Confusion!
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:28 am      Reply with quote
After all the good things said about the OilCleansingMethod, I've started using it every evening - about 50/50 castor oil and apricot oil... U could try that instead of buying a new cleanser...? It's very relaxing and addictive, and cheap! Smile
I don't know if it will help with the whiteheads, but surely one of the other many users of OCM know...???

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Could definitely be from not using a cleaner! I agree that the name is misleading. With using such heavy sunscreen though, a good cleanser is essential!! As well though, it may be the Bioelements Quick Refiner. Using this twice a day may be a bit much...does it say to use it twice a day? Regardless, when introducing AHAs (and that is basically what the Quick Refiner is), some people purge for a few weeks and the gunk is brought up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:39 am      Reply with quote
It could be the change of weather. My face always get a little out of whack when the seasons change.
MaryR
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I have the same problem with the weather changes.
yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:09 am      Reply with quote
I think it says to use it AM and PM if you want. I will check the Bio-elements bottle later.

I didn't realise that the Dr H CLEANSING cream! was not a cleanser. I don't want to buy another cleanser, and luckily I had one left-over so I will use that for now.

Can someone explain the oil cleansing method to me? Can I use any oils?

I'd does feel like my skin has taken a toll for the worse (maybe before it all gets better?!)
yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm tempted to try the Dr H Rhythmic Night capsules! Oooo next month's shopping is looming.....
Ssue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Adding a gycolic acid, 8% to 15% concentration, to your regime might help to control your outbreaks. I rarely get any blemishes any more. A vitamin A-retinol cream would help as well. (Dermatologists use both of these for patients with mild cases of acne).

When I do get the occasional blemish, to clear it up quickly I treat the spot by holding a cotton ball soaked with hydrogen peroxide to the blemish for a minute or so. It does turn the skin white but that goes away fairly quickly. (It's a nice, very cheap home remedy that works- at least for me!).

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:55 am      Reply with quote
thank Ssue. what retinol cream would you recommend? I use the PSF pumpkin enzyme peel. i think i'm too scared to use peels from Platinum or somewhere.
yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I can't seem to find out info on the oil cleansing method. Could someone explain this to me please...i.e. what oils to use and how to do it....and to clarify this would substitute my cleanser (not the Dr H cleansing cream which I thought was a substitute for a cleanser)
cat1523

Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I too was having an awful problem w/whiteheads and they were getting worse. I actually had them popping out on my eyelid and under eyes. I was about ready to see a dermotologist when I decided to walk into a Merle Norman studio which has been in my neighborhood for years. Anyway, the consultant immediately told me to use a product call "Miracol" which began to help immediately. After the 3rd application, many of the whiteheads were gone or surfaced enough to dryup and whiteheads are the hardest to get rid of. I continue to see results to date and I began using this product at end of Aug. 05. Also, 2 other very important contributors to whiteheads are: using the correct moisturizer and consuming dairy products. If your moisturizer is too heavy or you apply too much cuz you think "more is better", that will cause whiteheads to pop out all over. And I've tested the diary theory and "wow" is it correct. Anyway, this Miracol by Merle Norman has been around for 75 yrs and not only will it get rid of whiteheads, but it causes blackheads (if you have a problem w/them) to just about come out on their own or w/little squeezing and it also tightens pores esp if you have large pores. I'm not a user of Merle Norman "full line" products but I've now expanded into their cleansers and toners and continue to see amazing results. I was a "diehard" Prescriptives user (a line of Estee Lauder) for 19 yrs but have eliminated all their cleaners and now use Merle Norman cleansers and moisturizer. Again, the right moisturizer is very important and cut out diary for awhile and I'm sure you'll see amazing results. Hope this helps.
Cat
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Hey again yusufosman..I read about the Oil Cleansing Method in the DIY (do it yourself) thread...it's a very loooong thread but full of interesting stuff if you've got a couple of hours to spare Wink

The basic OCM is:
50% carrier oil of choice that suits your skintype (Apricot Kernel Oil seems to be a good allround oil - both for dry and normal skin, it's what I'm using at the moment)
+
50% castor oil (in scandinavia it's known as ricinus oil, and can be bought at the chemists)

That's all!!! Mix the oils and put a fair amount in the palm of your hand and massage it into your face. I massage for 5-10min, depending on how into it I get...It's lovely and relaxing and I seem to drift off Laughing

the original recipe says to wet a face cloth in hot water, ring it out and put it over your face - for a quick steam to open up the pores. I actually go all the way and steam my face over a bowl of hot water for a few minutes. Sometimes I put some Lemon essential oil in the water bowl.

the recipe also says you can mix in a few drops of your favourite essential oil...I've also done this (lemon) but gone back to just plain - 'cause the plain OCM also works as a perfect eyemakeup remover!!!! I don't put any on until the very last before gently wiping all the oil off again with a warm and damp facecloth.

the whole thing is as addictive as Decleor's Neroli Oil Very Happy

Oh, and I just do it at night - no time in the morning for such luxuries...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:02 am      Reply with quote
...and yes, it's supposed to be used as a cleanser Very Happy

yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:46 am      Reply with quote
thanks for your help all. I printed out the DIY RECIPES topic (god, how many pages) and have it at home to read one day when I have the day to kill! (and enough money to be able to buy things on my newly created shopping list!)

I shall try the oil cleansing method and look in to Merle Norman. (Thanks cat1523)
Ssue
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Take a look at Afirm- it comes in three strengths, 1X, 2X and 3X. The 3X is the stongest retinol (1%) you can buy without a prescription. It can be irritating so start with a lower one to let your skin get used to it, then gradually build up to the stronger strengths.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |