Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ardell lash conditioner .....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:54 am      Reply with quote
If this was covered during all of our chatter on lash lengtheners and thickeners, etc. pleeez forgive me (early onset Alzheimer's here). I've been using the Lucia and Ardell stuff. I started with the Lucia alone and added the Ardell a few weeks later when I grabbed some at a local drugstore.
Am I the only one with what I guess I'd loosely describe as powdery residue??? At first, I though my skincare had suddenly gotten TOO active and that I was peeling or something, but realized that it wasn't that at all. Am I using too much of the stuff? Any ideas on how to avoid it? I wear contact lenses and its a nuisance!
Sadie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:56 am      Reply with quote
are you getting powdery residue on your lashes or is it falling down to your eye area?

I have used this for a few weeks, but haven't had any residue issues.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Little bit of both... I must be overenthusiastic in applying it.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I was getting little, gritty particles and powdery residue from the Ardell. I started off applying it at night but was having a problem with the particles getting into my eyes and causing a lot of irritation. I swapped to using it in the morning. I find I have to be very careful and just use a small amount.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I have had no problems with the Ardell. Wondering if you got a bad batch? I have been using it morning and night. You said you use the Lucia. Perhaps it's the combination of both.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Ardell, but not the Lucia, and have had no problems. As stated above....maybe a bad batch, or the combination?
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using both the ardells and the lucia. I used the ardells for about 2 months before adding the lucia and have had no residue problems at all, maybe winnies right and you got an old or bad batch or ardells..best of luck
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious, when the Ardell product behaves itself... do you find it makes a difference? I saw this one in the shops recently ( and a brow powder/wax combo that looked interesting too) and wondered if it was worth giving a go?
I have used Talika Eyelash growth stuff and it was ok ... my lashes are good for a while then they seem to all go at once ( hehe well not ALL) but not as thick as normal. Smile

Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Could you be using too much of it? If I use too much then there is a white residue on the lashes - perhaps that's flaking off?

Muzzie - re: use of Ardell on its own. I think people here have found good results with it, personally I have been using both the Ardell and the DreamLash (and the DreamLash is my preference). I then recommended both of these to a friend and she's only using Ardell because she couldn't find the DreamLash. I followed up with her a few days ago and she says she hasn't seen any results from regular use so far...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy, where did you find Dreamlash then, if you dont mind me asking? Need all the lash help I can get!

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:30 am      Reply with quote
muzzie wrote:
Thanks Mabsy, where did you find Dreamlash then, if you dont mind me asking? Need all the lash help I can get!

Actually, if not for Carrie, I would have absolutely no chance of ever getting this. It's not available in Australia - Carrie got it for me at Wallmart from what I recall but I think she's had trouble finding it since... I hope you can manage to track it down though. Just to clarify, I am sure there are many people here who have found results with the Ardell, my friend hasn't as yet and I can't comment because I tend to use both...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I'm using Ardell and I am happy with the results. I haven't been that good at applying it every day but I have noticed that my lashes are fuller and that I have more lashes on the bottom lid than I did before. When I curl them they seem longer (not sure if it's psychological or the truth). Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Ahhh I think I was definitely just using too much. Been fine the last couple of times I've used it......
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Ahh ok thanks Mabsy, I will go and get some of the Ardell stuff anyway and see if that does any good... ta! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have been out of the "action" here at EDS for a while, glad to find some down time and catch up with what's new.

I am also glad to see Ardell (a Carrie find that I had to try) is still a "hit." I just wanted to post a note about a special I saw at my CVS today for this product and many more in the Beauty aisle. Buy 1, get one 50% off.

Assuming CVS promotions are universal (store to store) you have until 10-29 to take advantage and stock up!

Melissa

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Between ardells and lucia, my eyelashes havent looked this good since I was 6 Laughing ...just remember it can take a few months before the huge wow factor but hang in there its def worth it...

Melissa
hayleighs_mom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I could get some of that Lucia product. I could not find it anywhere on the net and the ebayer has not been selling it. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
hayleighs_mom wrote:
I wish I could get some of that Lucia product. I could not find it anywhere on the net and the ebayer has not been selling it. Sad

Maybe you could contact the seller and ask her to get it for you as a favour? She's in Japan, the Lucia is easily accessible for her. I'm sure she wouldn't mind getting it for you at the price she'd been selling on ebay. Offer to pay her first. Her ebay name is maimeow, I think (search the original thread for long lashes (the 7-or-so-page one), someone mentioned her.

Good luck! Smile

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
hayleighs_mom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks pumpingmummy. Good idea. I will send her a message now.

Smile
Anna

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought Lucia today from ebay from May, I think... Anyway, what is the name of Ardell I have to buy? Should I use them both at the same time? which one first ? Is it safe for contact lens user?
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
hayleighs_mom wrote:
Thanks pumpingmummy. Good idea. I will send her a message now.

Smile
Anna

Glad to be able to help. I found out her name is Mai Nakamura, and her email is majamaja0309@hotmail.com.

Let us know how it all goes! Very Happy

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have never used Lucia. I noted from a picture it does not have an application brush. Is this the correct product? How do you apply it to your lashes?

Thanks
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Winnie - It doesn't come with a brush, I'm afraid. I apply it with my finger, but I seem to remember reading here that someone using an angled eyeliner brush and I thought that sounded like a good idea.

Lucia Essence comes in a small cylindrical black tube and has a thin nozzle at one end.

I love it! Just ordered some more from maimeow yesterday.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I have never used Lucia. I noted from a picture it does not have an application brush. Is this the correct product? How do you apply it to your lashes?
In the beginning, I’d put 2 drops on the tip of one index finger, then rub both index fingers together to ‘emulsify’ it, then I’d just rub both fingers across my lashes, trying to concentrate the application near the lash line. I did that for about 2 months, until someone (Rita?) said to try applying it with a slanted eyeliner brush: put a drop or two of Lucia on the tip of finger, dip brush in the solution, and brush it along the upper and lower lash lines. I tried it this way and it’s even better because there’s less waste and you’re able to concentrate the application right at the base of the lashes, which is where it needs to go. Then I wait a few minutes for the Lucia to dry, then I either apply a coat of Ardell in the mornings, or a light layer of pure Castor oil at night before bed.

fishzebby wrote:
...what is the name of Ardell I have to buy?
Ardell Lash and Brow Growth Accelerator. You can primarily find it at CVS drugstores or Ulta salon/stores and it can also be ordered online fromwww.drugstore.com
fishzebby wrote:
Should I use them both at the same time? which one first ? Is it safe for contact lens user?
Yes, you can use them both. See my reply above to Winnie. First I put on my Lucia, wait a few minutes for it to dry, then sweep on a light layer of Ardell. It should be safe for contact lens wearers provided that you don’t go fug-buck and apply the Ardell too thickly (less is more!). If you experience any white, flaky residue, it’s probably because you put on too much.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:38 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
fug-buck

hmm What does that mean?

Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |