Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Questions for ACV Toner...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
hello Very Happy
I have a few questions for this awesome ACV toner that everyone had been talking about for quite some time. I'm wondering if I can add peppermint tea instead of the peppermint essential oil and still works the same way? Anyway, thanks! Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds so refreshing if it works. Does anyone know if the toner has to be kept in the fridge after making?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:43 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
That sounds so refreshing if it works. Does anyone know if the toner has to be kept in the fridge after making?
If you use some type of bacteria-growth retardant, such as Germaben (available from the Personal Formulators website) or Ylang Ylang essential oil, it shouldn't be necessary to keep it in the fridge. On the other hand, it might be quite refreshing to do so -- at least during our TX summers -- because it would feel cool and delicious next to our overheated faces!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
So does that mean Peppermint tea can be used in replace of the oil? And it still has the same effect? Thanks! Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
So does that mean Peppermint tea can be used in replace of the oil? And it still has the same effect? Thanks! Very Happy
I'm guessing that it would be okay. Using peppermint tea instead of peppermint essential oil is the same thing I did when I substituted Chamomile tea for chamomile EO, and it worked out great! The chamomile tea version of my toner is even better than the original!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Carekate...i would definitely give that a try Very Happy
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I don't keep my ACV toner refrigerated -- I simply added some powdered vitamin c as a preservative.
SpicyHot
5% products discount

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
what do u guys add into your ACV to make it smell less vingary? because my ACV smells like vinegar soooo badly. I only use 1/3 vinegar too.
hayleighs_mom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
SpicyHot,

I just made mine today and added Ylang Ylang and Peppermint Essential Oils. I did 10 drops of each. My ACV smells really nice now and I love the tingle I get from the peppermint EO.

Anna

5% products discount

Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:12 am      Reply with quote
thx for the tip, ill try it Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:40 am      Reply with quote
SpicyHot wrote:
thx for the tip, ill try it Very Happy
You can use *any* essential oils that you like, or which would be good for your skin type and/or skin issues. My personal formulation includes Ylang Ylang and Lemon EOs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
questions again...hehe Laughing
If I don't add Vit. C, do I need to put the toner into the fridge or I can just leave it out at room temp? And I went to the supermarket the other day, they have 2 kinds of apple cidar vinegar. One is the regular kind, and the other one is non-pasterized and non-filtered. So which one is actually good for my toner? Thanks! Very Happy
hayleighs_mom
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Stardusty,

I'm no expert or anything and I just made mine the other day. I bought the regular ACV and did not add Vit C into my toner. I just left it in the bathroom and it seems fine.

Did u buy the essential oils? I bought both lemon and peppermint in addition to Ylang Ylang but this batch I decided to try peppermint first. So far so good. Smile

Good luck,
Anna

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks hayleighs_mom! Smile
I thought the non pasterized and the non filtered kind of ACV is better?...but I probably will try both and let u know. I haven't buy any EO yet cuz I don't know where to get it. But since tea works the same, then perhaps I'll just use tea. So I can use both peppermint and chamomile tea in addition to EO too? Won't that be a bit too much ingredients? Will it be as effective? haha..sorry for the questions but that's just me! I always have to get down to the end of everything...hehe Laughing
hayleighs_mom
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Stardusty,

Yea, let me know how the ACV works. Sure beats me re: the EO. I thought the main purpose of adding the EO is to get rid of the vinegar smell. Well according to Carekate, Ylang Ylang helps with oiliness and peppermint helps with acne. You should go to http://www.aroma-pure.com./. Wait, they might be a US based company. I bought mine from Cranberrylane.com which is a Canadian company. I actually live in the US but didn't know about Aroma Pure until after I ordered from Cranberry Lane. Maybe you should just order the EOs now and add them later to see if there's a difference.

Good luck,
Anna

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
I thought the non pasterized and the non filtered kind of ACV is better?...
The unpasterized/unfiltered ACV is best, but if you can't easily get your hands on it, then the cheaper (filtered/pasterized) version is better than not using any AVC toner at all!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I don't mix mine up, I put some water on a cotton pad and add a couple drops of ACV, this way I don't have a mixture waiting to go bad. I only use it every couple weeks for a few days so this is easy for me. I don't mind the smell, I don't think anyone would notice it so I've never added anything else to it, including vitamin c.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Carekate! It's no problem for me to get my hands on an un-filtered/ un-pasterized ACV. And it's actually quite cheap too. I guess those're more pure and concentrated than the regular one?

Anyway, I have another question...hehe Laughing Can I set my makeup with the ACV toner? Will the ingrediants in the toner ruin my foundation or powder? Anyone try it b4? Thanks a lot! Very Happy
Mabsy

Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:24 am      Reply with quote
I'm just going to copy this new post here because it's on topic. I'd like to keep all the ACV stuff together (well, as much as possible anyway) otherwise we won't be able to find anything about it after a while...

****copying post****

AnnieR

Posted: 20 Nov 2005 02:49 am
Just ordered my germaben and bottles from thepersonalformulator (what a great website). I am making the ACV Toner for Christmas presents for my sisters-in-laws. How much of the germaben do you add to the recipe? Thanks.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |