Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jvallen71@hotmail.com
5% products discount

Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everybody. I think this website is fantastic. I think i have sorted myself out with a cleansing and moisturising regime, DECLEOR but i need a good foundation. I need a good coverage that won't clog the pores or dry out the skin and i have very pale skin so i need a very light shade, any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.
Caspers Mum

Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if you're looking for a loose/mineral based foundation, or what your price-range is. However, as a make-up artist, I can make some suggestions.

Essential Spa sells the Bare Essentials mineral foundation line. If you're really fair, you might want to wear the "light" shade, with the mineral veil.

However, having used MANY different brands, and tried a lot of expensive and inexpensive brands, I have found an inexpensive winner in L'oreal's Translucide. This is a great beauty bargain! You said that you're fair - so am I, and I am wearing their "Pale Ivory" shade (this has cool undertones). Love it, and honey, I have used everything from Chanel to M.A.C., to Dior, as well as everything under the sun. What a great buy! Coincidentally, In Style magazine just rated this as one of their favorite beauty buys of 2003. Check it out! Why pay more?!
Caspers Mum

Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
If you're looking for something with a bit more coverage or moisturization, you might want to try M.A.C "Studiotech", Lancome Photogenic, or even Lauder's "Fururist" (pretty rich).
jvallen71@hotmail.com
5% products discount

Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the suggestions, really appreciate it. I too have spent lots of money trying out brands, clinique was the worst made me break out, i have very sensitive skin also. i will head into town tomorrow and i will let you know.
many thanks
Caspers Mum

Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Just out of curiousity. As per Clinique: the term "hypoallergenic" is commonly used in the cosmetic industry. However, most of the time, this is a sales pitch. It is hard to determine which products will cause a reaction, because everyone has different allergies & sensitivities. With Clinique, (and other "hypoallergenic" lines - i.e. Revlon's Almay line) though they have some nice products, know that most often, it is the absence of a sunscreen or a fragrance. However, all products contain what is called a "masking agent" - though they may not have a distinct scent, there is something neutral in the product to mask the ingredients that make-up that particular product. Otherwise, they could smell pretty nasty:mad:!

As stated before "try before buying" - ask for samples, or if in a drugstore, have the cosmetician subtley swab some on your jawline so you can determine shade and your reaction.

The Jane Iredale & Bare Escentuals mineral-based make-up(s) that we sell are excellent too, if sensitivity is a concern! Unfortunately, however, we do not have samples of these products to try.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I am a foundation junkie!! I really like Cle de peau, but it is pricy. Also Joey new york pure pores. Low end, Revlon colorstay Natural (new product) gives exceptional coverage, and variety of shades. Also like Jane Iredale mineral makeup as well. La Praire cellulare treatment and cavier foundation are beautiful, but very pricey as well. Very HappyVery Happy
jvallen71@hotmail.com
5% products discount

Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Caspers Mum,

Just to let you know i bought some loreal translucide from ebay, it arrived today so will try it tomorrow, will let you know. Please could you advise me on cleansers, i got some dermalogica samples, special cleansing gel is nice but still seemed to dry my skin and the smoothing cream seemed to make me break out, i also tried the daily microexfoliant which i loved but could this be producing spots or is this normal at first? I would be really grateful for any advice. many thanks
Caspers Mum

Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
The Skin Smoothing Creme is not a cleanser; this is a moisturizer for normal/dry skin. If your skin is sensitive, you may want to try their Barrier Repair, or try their Active Moist which can be tolerated well by most people. This product is for normal/oily skin, and is one of my favorites; it leaves the skin hydrated, without excess oil. You may want to use the Smoothing Creme as a nighttime alternative.

As for cleansers, you have stated that Special Cleansing Gel is too dehydrating for your skin. This may be a great choice for you in warmer weather, but in the drier months, try their Essential Cleansing Solution or Ultracalming Cleanser. The Daily Microfoliant should not be causing any breakouts. If anything, I suspect that the Smoothing Creme may have caused this congestion; it sounds like you were trying to use it as a cleanser!?! If that was the case, know that it wasn't designed for that, and may have left excess oil, dirt, and make-up on your skin.
anda

Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
Talking about foundations! It's hard these days to find an adequate foundation for acne prone skin! I've tried Estee Lauder, but they don't have a specific product designed for this type of skin.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Caspers Mum

Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like you're a candidate for either Jane Iredale or Bare Escentuals mineral make-up. Neither of these contain pore-clogging oils, or should cause acne.

All liquid foundations contain some sort of oil - whether they say "oil free" or not. What this commonly means is that they're free of mineral oil, but others (non-comedogenic) such as a silicone or dimethicone are used as an emulsifier. The only true oil free, liquid foundations that are out there have to be shaken very well, as they separate into a powder & liquid consistancy (Body Shop used to make one, years ago). If you're looking for Estee Lauder, you may want to check our their site:www.esteelauder.com .

If you're skin is acne-prone, make sure that your skin is well cared for. No make-up in the world can replicate healthy skin! Besides, foudnation's purpose to is enhance the skin, not change it or camoflage it completely. Also, be sure to keep your make-up brushes very clean, as these can harbour bacteria, causing breakouts.
anda

Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy
Many thanks for the suggestion. I will order that item. Hopefully it can be shipped together with my regular Decleor order.

As to the skin care regimen, for the past 8 months I have been using Decleor Ylang Ylang oil with the night balm and specific day cream. This was in conjunction with a proactive kit. It seems to have worked well in my case, especially in the beginning. I have eased up on using proactive in the past couple of months as the skin started getting irritated and very very dry. I have replaced Proactive with the Cleansing Water for sensitive skin and Prolagene Gel from Decleor.
Once I am done with that, I think I might want to revert to a face wash cleanser. Would you consider the Decleor face wash for oily skin as a good next step or is there something else that I could use with better results?
Thank you.
Anda
Caspers Mum

Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
We loooooove Dermalogica's Dermal Clay Cleanser!
Caspers Mum

Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:49 am      Reply with quote
L'oreal Canada has discontinued the entire line of their Translucide foundation. This is, of course, my favorite, and I hate what they've replaced it with (Ideal Blance)! I don't know if they've phased it out internationally, but everyone do me a favor: write, call, or e-mail L'oreal to complain. I want this product back!!!!! (grrrrr!) They also did this with their Maybelline Expert Eyes Blonde Eyebrow Pencils (L'oreal owns Maybelline) this year. Two of their best products, and the ironic part is that these continuously rate #1 in the annual In Style product issues!Surprised I had to get my friend in Florida to buy me SIX packages of the pencils! Is that ridiculous or what?! Rant, rave, scream, and shout! Let our voices be heard, for this is NOT acceptable, L'oreal!!!!!
Ronnie Adcock

Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have been searching everywhere for
Loreal's Translucide foundation. I had
wondered if the line had been discontinued. It was one of the best
foundations I have ever used. Does
anyone know Loeal's telephone number or
e-mail address? Maybe if we all get
together and protest, they will bring it
back.
Caspers Mum

Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
If you enter L'Oreal on a search engine, it will lead you to their site, which provides links for various countries, including their telephone numbers and addresses.

I've already phoned, and have sent a two page letter. No response yet.
angel
5% products discount

Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Translucide is still available in Malaysia. I don't think it's been discontinued internationally. But it's pretty expensive for a drugstore foundation, costing about CN$20. How much were they selling in Canada? Great for normal to dry skin.
Caspers Mum

Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I usually would get it on sale for about $11-$12.50 (Can).
TranquilitySearcher
5% products discount

Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I really like MAC's Studio Tech foundation. Its great for yellow based skin tones and you can customise the coverage without it looking too heavy.
Nancy

Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I HAVE FOUND L'OREAL TRANSLUCIDE FOUNDATION!!!
Let me know what colors people are looking for...
blade

Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone know where to find? Product is great, and I've tried much more expensive brands...but it seems to be missing in action. Would love to find.
Caspers Mum

Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
L'Oreal Canada is also nixing Air Wear. If any of you like this one, scoop it up before it's gone!Sad

After all of my griping, L'Oreal sent me a g.c. to try what is closest to Translucide: Feel Natural. It's not bad, but I still prefer the radiance of Translucide.:P
Colleen
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I have tried many foundations over the years and have not been happy with any of them. My skin is normal to slightly oily and prone to breakouts, AND it is severely dehydtated. I recently purchased Laura Mercier oil free foundation and it is amazing! It can be applied really sheer or layered for more coverage. It's pricey, but if you consider how much money we waste on foundation and then never empty the bottle, well worth it. Holt Renfrew very happily gave me samples of several different foundations to try.

pinkmelody
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
MaxFactor also has good foundation !
tisa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy I have found the best foundation I've ever used in a mineral makeup loose powder.

It's called Velvet Plush by bareFacedminerals.org. This will make you look gorgeous without irritating or clogging your pores. It has a matte finish that is not dead matte or shimmery or dewy.
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Minerals! Jane Iredale Pressed Powder is Amaaaaazing. Buy a flocked sponge to apply it. Love it! Plus, it's good for your skin- can't beat that...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |