Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Dr H Homemade face wash question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I want to make this homemade version but dont have a blender.Can I use the ready made almond meal that you can buy from supermarket?Would the consistency be right?
Any help would be great. Thanks Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:40 am      Reply with quote
I think the reason a lot blend their own almonds is that they cannot get hold of the meal. I use the almond meal and the consistency is perfect.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks rosebud.Following caretakes recipes how many tablespoons of almond meal do you think would equal 150 almonds?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I tend to just estimate and make it up as I go along, I like quite a thick consistency.
I normally put my oils and 'wet' ingredients in my jar first then the dry ingredients in last and add and mix until I get the consistency I am looking for, if this helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:56 am      Reply with quote
That helps thankyou Very Happy
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Carol,

The first time I made the home crafted version of DHCC I used almond meal ... but it went moldy on me within a very few days.

The second time I made it I did so from fresh, raw almonds, and after two weeks of sitting on my bathroom counter, it hasn't gone bad or rancid.

I actually purchased an inexpensive coffee grinder specifically for that.

The reason fresh, raw almonds is used is because when you grind them ... and then press the bits with something [mortar and pestle-like ... I used a liquer glass to further crush mine] you actually get oil from the almonds. That way, you don't need to add oil ... just add some water and/or non-alcohol witch hazel.

I have since purchased an inexpensive [$8 Cdn] "mini grinder" ... rather like a mini food processor to accomplish the task.

I prefer the fresh, raw almond approach ... because I think it's closer to what the commercial product is supposed to be ... and I suspect that there are other reasons why fresh, raw almonds are called for in the formulation.

However, if rosebud hasn't had any problems, there might have been another reason why my first formulation went off ... Confused

I figure ... in the long run ... whatever works for you is OK! Laughing

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
I made my first batch of cleansing cream today.First I tried making it with almond meal bought from the supermarket and was having no luck getting the consistency right,it just wasnt going like the DrH one.So I went and bought a grinder and ground my own almonds and it turned out much more like the Dr H even the colour(the batch i made with bought almond meal was more white)
I only added water to it and a drop of ylang ylang(not real keen on that smell though,might find something else next time.
Does it really matter if you dont add oil or witch hazel?,I couldnt find alcohol free witch hazel.
It felt alright without the oil though I havent actually used it yet,will try tonight. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |