Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
::REVIEW:: MD Formulations Sensitive Skin Regimine Kit
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I bought this kit from EDS a while back simply because I wanted to try the Vit-A-Plus eye cream on my Millia. The kit contained a full size eye cream (0.5 oz) which if bought individually would have cost me CA$55 - making the kit (at CA$46) a real bargain.

It contains:
Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin Formula, 2 oz.
Facial Lotion Sensitive Skin Formula 1 oz.
Moisture Defense Antioxidant Creme, 0.5 oz.
Vit-A-Plus Eye Creme, 0.17 oz.
Total Protector 30, 0.3 oz.

I gave the cleanser to my hubby who likes glycolic type cleansers before shaving (not realizing that the sensitive skin formula cleanser does not have any AHAs in it. Laughing ) He has used it up without complaint or noticing any difference from his normal one (Aquaglycolics)

The Total Protector is quite a nice textured sun cream and I like the SPF30! The little tube is perfect for the make-up purse to use for top-ups if needed during the day. I have found it to be non greasy and not smelly (I have only used it on my nose though). It is much nicer to use than the Estee Lauder face sunscreen and up there with La Mer sunscreeen (but a LOT less!!)

I would look at purchasing a full size of this when next I am looking for a face sun cream.

Description by company: Provide the skin with maximum protection against the environmental factors that lead to premature skin aging. Formulated for individuals with highly sun sensitive skin. Provides broad-spectrum UVA & UVB protection. Allantoin soothes and heals skin irritation. Protects against environmental aging. Ideal for all skin types. Dermatologist tested, non-comedogenic, allergy tested, fragrance free.

Active ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Allantoin.
Ingredients: Purified Water, Clyceryl Stearate, C12-15 Aklyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Steareth-2, Steareth-100, Tricontanyl PVP, PEG-100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthun Gum, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

How does this stack up against other face protectors?

Eye cream: Jury is still out here. I used it for a while and then stopped and switched to Okusil. I went back to it recently and have been using it for 2 weeks... I dont really see any change in my Millia, but under my right eye might be improved so I have decided to persevere for a bit. I cannot say I have noticed it drying out my eyes, but I am being very careful. My milia are in the inner corners of lower eye and between the eyelid and eyebrow (just under the orbital bone), again toward the inner eye.

Facial Lotion & Antioxidant Creme: Ok, sorry to say these two products get a huge thumbs down. I did not like the texture of smell of them (not very pleasant at all.. not a perfumed smell.. just a bit stinky) and I did not bother to use them when I got the kit. About 10 days ago I was looking to use up samples and trial sizes (ran out of moisturizer) and decided to give them a go.

Urgh. I still cannot work out why you have to use the lotion under the creme. The cream is VERY thick, almost balm like (but not a nice balm like la mer or Decleor) it did not feel nice on the face and I had to wash my hands after each application as they felt sticky and smelled horrible. My skin would feel quite nice in the morning but I noticed that during the day my face was like an oil slick. After just over a week my face broke out horribly.. red lumpy blemishes around the temple, upper cheek and forehead.

I had not had this since I tried the asprin mask a year or more ago. At first I thought maybe it was diet or my skin "purging" itself but I am sure it was these 2 products. I do have what they call delicate skin and was told to avoid too much glycolics and acids, but I never had any problems with my Aquaglycolic cleanser I used to use each morning and I figured this line was for sensitive skin.

I am now happy to toss the remainder into the bin. Definately would not recommend them on any front.. smell, texture or result. But I am sure that some out there would get a great result. If you want to try this line, definately go with one of the kits on EDS as they are super value.

Three days ago I dragged out a La Mer tub sample I found and started using that. I had forgotten how lovely that product is. My breakout is almost gone, oil slick disappeared during the day and skin like a baby's bottom each morning.

Hope this review is helpful to someone!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |