Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Eye Cream Help - 26yr old with frown lines.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Ok,

I just turned 26 and I've got frown lines from squinting too much. I was using a la roche possay eye cream with vitamin c and I didn't notice much difference. It seemed to give me breakouts in my eye area.

My skin in sensitive and acne prone. I can't take heavy creams because I will get milia. (I got it after using my moms heavy cream from clinique just once) I'm also noticing a bit of creepyness under my eyes when I smile. No major circles, just the typical from studying til 2am each night.

So..what I'm getting at is I need eye cream suggestions!

My specifications are: nothing priced over $50 Canadian, and available on EDS please.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:56 am      Reply with quote
You could try the Babor Sensational Eye Cream. It is light, but moisturizing, so should definitely help with the creepiness. Not much in it to deal with lines though. I would consider an eyecream with AHAs in it for that. The Bioelemements Eye Area fits your requirements Wink, but I haven't tried it. You could always be the guinea pig for us... Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:35 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the reply faith.

I have thought about the Babor, I just worry it might be fragranced heavily like their face creams.

I haven't looked at the Bioelemements brand before...will check out that section..

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I have not tried this one yet but I saw many good reviews on this forum before. It is a little bit over the price u ask for but should consider it.
Orlane B21 Oligo Cooling Balm Eye Contour
Size: 15 ml
Price: $56.00 CAD

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I just smelled the Babor. It does have a scent, but I wouldn't say it is heavily fragranced. I am not sensitive to smell though. You don't need much either, so I don't know how much you would be able to smell it when you apply it. I can't smell it after I apply it...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Is it an eye cream you are looking for or something to relax your crow's feet? The Relax-A-Line from CellularSkinrx is not expensive and it will help with relaxing those muscles plus it has a hyaluronic acid base that draws moisture deeper into your skin. The line is being sold here now so you can check it out. Also, Winnie and others swear by the AlphaDerma plus Okusil for helping the eye area. It may be above your price range though.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Lianne,

Sounds like you are tired and maybe dehydrated some. IMO you are too young to have set in lines. Smile Have you ever tried PURE Avocado Oil? You can lightly pat a tad around your eyes. Very hydrating and non irritating. HTH
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Faith, thanks for checking the smell. My babor facial cream smelled strongly of ck Escape which turned me off.

betterat40, definitely a cream. With my starving student status I need all in one type products.

Winnie, Good idea, I'll check my GNC for that pure avocado oil...just hope it doesn't give zits!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I had zit prone skin and even adult acne but do not now. I do use Avocado
oil.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Meant to ask you before why were you squinting! Bad Girl! That's means no hat or no sunglasses and that's NOT OK. Smile

The sun is our biggest nemesis when it comes to lines and aging. You simply have to protect your skin from the sun.

I currently recommend LaRochePosay Dermo-Pediatrics spf 40/ppd 18!!! SPRAY. It is matte and not expensive. I got my bottle from LWSue on Ebay from Singapore. Only a few dollars for shipping, too. If you want a US one - Coppertone Faces Oil-Free spf30 is stable as is Shiseido spf55.

Even if you find a wonderful eye cream, exposure to the sun will continue to cause breakdown of your collagen layer due to free radical damage and your skin will start to sag and wrinkle.

That said, my favs for eyes are:
1.Rosehip oil
2.Burt's Bees Royal Jelly Eye balm
3. Nivea CoQ10 spf 4 eye cream
4. Dove Sensitive skin day cream

Good luck!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
thanks sharky! Have any tips on how you got your acne to clear up?

betterat40, my problem is a hatred of wearing my glasses!! I've gotten better about the sunscreen thing this past year now that I found a few that don't give me rashes. Thank you for all your suggestions, I'll have to check them out too!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am      Reply with quote
As Betterat said, sunscreen is defenitely preventative maintainence. I strongly suggest sunglasses as well. Just went to my eye doctor yesterday and they take pictures of the inside of your eyeball. I have the beginnings of Macular Degeneration. This runs in my family. She told me the most important things to do to prevent the progression of this is eating vegetables high in beta caratine. And a supplement that is high in Vit A like Centrum. She said better results are achieved with the food route. And lastly, sunglasses with a 100% UVA rating. I have always worn sunglasses. Not only does it help on the inside, but the outside as well. So if you want to prevent eye problems down the road this is a good way to do it.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I wear good sunglasses, just not my prescription glasses for my stigmatism.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |