Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
eye cream - la prairie now. What's next?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Currently 28 with very dry skin - very fair skin, soft. Generally, I have good fair skin so I didn't take care of it until I was 26. I felt so behind in caring about my face, so I bought the best product for my eye. I have some fine line at bottom Currently I am using La Prairie Cellular Eye contour for both day and nite. It is very nice, since it moisturizes well and very light. However, since my skin is soft, i felt it's sagging and I started to notice some possible lines when I squit my eyes. What should I do? What next eye product line should I go for? Shisedo Rivitalize? Should I use vitamine eye cream? maybe retinol? Should I use mask? I would like to know how I can prevent lines before I hit 30. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am 26 and I noticed fine lines and a bit of sagging around my eyes about a two years ago. I think it had to do with all those late nights and eye rubbing. I have been using MD formulation Vit A Plus at night and Jurlinque Eye Gel during the day. The Vit A Plus helped with fine lines and Jurlinque helped to tighten and wake up tired eyes. I worried about the condition around my eyes a lot before because I think I was having pre-mature aging but I am happy with what I achieved so far with these two products.
I hope this helps Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:12 am      Reply with quote
Firstly I would find a day eye cream with spf15 that protects against UVA & UVB.
I am very strict with my eye area so I use
Cellcosmet eye contour cream during the day following by Dermalogica Total eye cream w spf15, I used to use clinique and have used La prairie smart eye but I am unsure if that is both UVA&B. At night Im using Valmont eye cream with rosehip oil underneath and sometimes I add HA to the cream. I do eye mask atleast once a week and am using mostly Matis eye masks atm. I also use Matis eye cleanser, very gentle. Really it just comes down to good quality skin care, SPF MUST HAVE, diet, water intake, sleep, sunnies, atleast for myself anyway
HTHS Smile
Mabsy

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Agree with Pal here - SPF in an eye cream (or over the top) would be great. I really like my Murad Essential-C Eye Cream but have not tried the Dermalogica one. Cellcosmet is a great eye cream and some have reported that it's been good for lines around the eye area - not sure about sagging. It's quite possibly more expensive than the La Prairie but still my favorite (I haven't tried the LP eye creams, just the caviar gel) Smile I don't know much about the Shiseido eye cream range but I do know that their Benefiance eye cream is fantastic if you have dry skin (it's quite rich).

This might also be a good time to consider starting to use a vitamin C serum to help with the lines and help prevent future sun damage.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks WIldcat, pal, and Masby. I never know eye needs SPF15 as well. maybe that will fill out my wonder gap.

I got further questions:
Pal, you mentioned that you are using Matis eye cleanser, what brand is it? how do you do the clean up? What is HA? Again, which brand is Matis eye masks? Are you also late 20? can I mix several eye products at one time application? Is that safe?

mabsy, how do you feel about LP caviar gel? Do you use it below the eye moisturizer? If you said I need C, do I need A like Wildcat's suggestion? What is the VitC serum would you suggest?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hello fishzebby,
Actually, Masby's suggestion of an eye cream with SPF and Vit-C is great. I also plan to get Murad Essential-C Eye Cream when summer approaches (edited to say that I would use this during the day). I think Vit-A helps with collagen production or cell turnover so it helps with the lines. However, some people may find Vit-A irritating around their eyes. I had slight irritation the first two times I used it. But my skin got used to it quickly. Some nights I let the skin around my eyes rest with just using the Jurlinque eye gel. Even Jurlinque Eye Gel has tiny amount of Vit-A and C in it Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
pal, what is the valmont you are using? I can't find the product. Can you give me the detail?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
oooh... Mabsy had caviar eye gel???!! I have been dying to try that for the longest time.. please tell, please tell.. how was it?

The only La Prairie eye cream I tried was their Vit. C one and I was not fussed about it.

signed,

the never-satisfied eye cream junkie

In the last 2 years or so have tried:
La Prairie vit. c
Cellcosmet eye cream
La Mer Eye balm
MD Forumlations Vit A cream
Suzanne Somers eye cream/gel duo
Origins night-a-mins eye cream
JB Okusil and eye lid gel
Decleor firming gel
Thalgo eye cream
Estee Lauder eye masks
Origns no puffery eye mask
MD Forumations eye gel sheet

"wanna try" eye stuff:
La Prairie caviar
Reclaim eye serum
Cellcosmet eye gel
Valmont eye mask
Orlane Extrait Vital
Orlane Pure Youth Eye Contour Concentrate
Babor HSR Lifting
Babor sensational eyes gel or cream

and I need to find a good Vit C w/ SPF eye gel/serum too.

Laughing It never ends
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I was just browsing around the EDS shop and they have a DDF eye cream with SPF15 and for fine lines..

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ddf-protective-eye-cream-p_490.htm
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Fishzebby! Sorry about the late reply
Im 25yo and have fairly nice skin, my eye area is the same but up touch nose close you can see a couple of fine, dehyration lines, but thats about it. A great point from Mabsy, that I forgot to include was Vit C, I do use this under my eye cream during the day. Im using the Vivier Vit C 5% atm and am liking this one.
(Matis) is the actually brand name of the eye cleanser and eye mask that I am using. I belive it is popular in Europe not so much in the US and Australia as far as I can tell.
They have the two eye cleansers, the one I use is a milky, light lotion that you apply straight onto the eye area or you could apply with a cotton pad, and then wipe/rinse off. They have 3 eye masks, I use a gel, good for soothing and decogesting and cream mask for eye and lips, this is great for nourishing and hydrating the area.
HA is Hyaluronic acid, it is said to be able to hold up to 1000 times its weight in water, helps/improve hydration and elasticity in the skin. I buy the pure HA from http://www.dianayvonne.com/product/CSM48
and just add a little to my eye cream and face moisturisers before applying.
I believe as far as mixing brands, it is ok but you just have to make sure when mixing certain actives, but with the above products you shouldnt have any problems.
The Valmont Im using is the cellular eye and mouth cream which can be found on here http://www.essentialdayspa.com/valmont-contour-cellular-p_649.htm
The products I use are not cheap but any means but its what I find works for me and Im happy to spend to keep my skin looking this good.
HTHS
Smile Here is a site for the Matis skincare, or you could just do a search www.beautydoor.com
Mabsy

Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:03 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
oooh... Mabsy had caviar eye gel???!! I have been dying to try that for the longest time.. please tell, please tell.. how was it?

It took me *ages* to convince myself to buy this - this is one of only two LP products that I've ever bought in my life. I have to say that it certainly wasn't worth the money and I didn't see any results with it. To be fair, this is back when I was trying all sorts of creams for dark circles - the lady at the counter swore that this would be *the* gel to get rid of them. So, my assessment of it is based on the lack of performance in terms of dark circles really. Apart from that it was a nice eye gel - I didn't find the packaging very practical because, given how expensive it was, I was rather irritated that the glass sucker-thingy wasn't long enough to get the product out from the bottom of the tiny little bottle.

fishzebby - I would suggest that you start out with a serum dedicated to the eye area since they have a lower concentration. I prefer the Vivier to Cellex-C or Skinceuticals because it doesn't feel drying. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:00 am      Reply with quote
O.. I was about to buy the LP caviar thing. I tried the sample, I think I got my skin felt rash- break out maybe, but I don't have enough sample to judge if it's good because the sample dried up. I guess I will skip it after hearing negative side of it.

Masby, I have really dry skin and really prefer lots of moisture, so I won't complain much about drying

Anyway, got a question. Pal, you mentioned you use the rose hip oil before you applied the Valmont at nite. I checked there is a rose hip oil sold for 7-8 bucks. Do I need to buy it seperately and apply them daily?

tiger_tim, I tried DDF eye cream as sample. THe next day I see my dehydrated lines are getting deeper and lines are very dry. I really suggest you to get some sample from sephora before buying it.

Anyway, any thought about eye cream from skiing and swimming?
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi fishzebby
I do buy and apply them separately daily, but its really personal choice. You could mix the rho into the eye cream rub together and then apply that would save a little time. You just need to experiment a little and see what works for you Smile

I think for swimming/skiing Kielhs eye stick w spf would be pretty good. If you have not heard of it, its in a lipstick form and you apply it around your eyes as you would lipstick to your lips. Easy and convient so you can easlier apply throughtout the day.
HTHS Very Happy
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Quote:

In the last 2 years or so have tried:
La Prairie vit. c
Cellcosmet eye cream
La Mer Eye balm
MD Forumlations Vit A cream
Suzanne Somers eye cream/gel duo
Origins night-a-mins eye cream
JB Okusil and eye lid gel
Decleor firming gel
Thalgo eye cream
Estee Lauder eye masks
Origns no puffery eye mask
MD Forumations eye gel sheet

Would you mind sharing a brief comment on each of the eye creams/masks you have tried?

I'm also constantly searching for the perfect eye cream. I love Valmont eye and lip cream. Others that I've tried that I like and would purchase again, depending on my budget for a couple of these, include Cellcosmet, Valmont, Shiseido Benefiance, Chanel Ultra Correction eye cream and Murad. I'm currently trying Kinerase and Bioelements.

My ideal eye cream would keep my eye area hydrated all day.....from my morning application until I cleanse my face at night.....or at least until I get home from work. Realizing that's probably not realistic for my skin type, I think I'm going to purchase the HA that pal uses, and apply a touch of that in the AM, and let it absorb well before I apply one of my favorite eye creams. Thanks for the tip, pal!
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Glad I could help Debra! Very Happy
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I just realized that this forum members are from all over the countries in the world. No wonder you are talking about summer, while I am thinking about products for my upcoming winter season.

I am currently in NY, US. I am originally from South east asia. When I went back to asia this summer, I noticed alot of older people than me don't even have skin or eye wrinkle problem. They never even applied any beauty product. I think it's because of the winter weather that caused lots of dehydration. Piss off with winter.

Anyway, I was thinking of getting Vivier C 5%, but do I need Murad C too? That will be too much C. Does Murad C good for winter?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Fishzebby,

I am using Vivier for the eye and Vivier 20. It does not firm the skin but I noticed it made my skin look clearer or even toned.

For Cellcosmet gel, I did not like it because it did not depuff my eyes but if felt firm but to tight feeling on the skin.

Get a sample of Re Vive eye renewal. Try it and see...

Also, Cellcosmet eye contour feels moisterizing for me and it made my skin look a bit lighter (but not a big notice) and it look very well hydrated.

I thinking of calling Sonya Dakar and ask for a sample of their new eye cream.

Please PM me and share with me your experiences of different eyecreams and I will do the same.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Since I just bought 2 brand new LP cellular eye cream, I will use it in place of Cellcosment and valmont for now. But, I got Murad SPF15 for my morning. I think I will follow advice about Vivier 5% for morning. I am still trying to find a good ingredient like Rose Hip and HA for additional nutrient. I will let you know how things come up.

I will let you know once I got all items and see how it works on my face.

Ohya, I have a mini facial on Jurlique in a mall, not impressed at all, my eye line showed up more and it doesn't look moisture. The lady also to exfoliate on my face and my face near nose area was really hurt 2 hours later.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I just got a sample of Sonya Dakar latest eye cream. I do not plan to use it until I finish up with Revive eye renewal serum and I still have a sample of Cellcosmet eye contour cream. I am trying to save it for the month of January/February, when it really gets cold outside! But so far, I love Cellcosmet eye contour cream.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skincare,

I second the Cellcosmet eye contour cream. It is really good, help to minimise the fine lines on my eye areas.

Another which i like is Biorica Eye Serum, thou expensive, but really help to lighten dark eye cirles.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:32 am      Reply with quote
started my skincare around 26 too and didn't worry about my eyes till last year. I had an adult acne flare that started this skincare craze.

right now, i'm battling wrinkles (due to years of contact lense use and starting eye cream after 27) and very bad dark circles.

the lp eye creams are decent but not outstanding, esp for their price tag! tried the full size tub of the following:

cellular eye contour cream
eye caviar complex
smart eye cream (moisturizer with spf 15)
cellular radiance eye cream
lipo-sculting eye gel

repurchased the smart eye cream as i haven't found another eye cream with spf yet. any suggestions would be appreciated!
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby :
I used La Prairie Cellular Eye contour ,Now i am using the shiesiedo revital-AA eye cream in evening and La Prairie Radiance eye cream in morning.But i really recomend the Cellcosmet eye contour cream,it's the same expensive as La Prairie ,but it's worth it .

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I always buy eye cream as well. Sad
Just ordered Sisley eye and lip cream.
It never ends.
lorettapy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Vote to Valmont's contour eye cream too! Very Happy
jacloo11
5% products discount

Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:27 am      Reply with quote
I have used both LP cavair eye cream and Cellcosmet eye contour cream. Thumbs up for Cellcosmet eye contour cream for lines! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |