Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Origins moisturizers etc.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
How many people here have used or are using Origins products on their face? We have had sample tubes of 5 different face products and only 1 of them I would actually buy a full size of (though 1 still has the jury out)

We have a couple of products from Origins I put in HG category (hubby has used their shave cream for years and has no desire to change and we both swear by their Peace of Mind on-the-spot relief)

But with these purchases (and the odd huge bar of soap) the sales assistant always gives me lots of sample tubes.

I have had Perfect World (eye and serum) and night-a-mins (eye and night cream).

I really did not like the texture of the perfect world at all (that kind of slippery powder finish) and I felt my eyes were too dry after a few days using the PW eye cream.

Night-a-mins.. well, decided to try those earlier this week. The face cream is quite rich but it also has a bit of that powdery feel to it and after applying I found that the very fine blond hairs on my face looked very prominent! Shock Laughing I rarely notice them but I guess someting in the cream kind of coated them and made them nice and glossy under the light. Not the look I was going for. Laughing One thing I will say about night-a-mins is that they have a lovely bergamot scent to them.

The night-a-mins eye cream I am going to use a few more nights before making my final decision. It is a very rich cream, so I am really sticking to the orbital bone with it.

The only face product that I had a couple of sample tubes of and liked was the No Puffery eye mask. I use this at the end of long flights and some mornings when I am a bit puffy from lack of sleep. It does seem to help, but I am not sure it would be any use with severe puffiness or not. When I next get to the USA I will buy this product - I like it but not enough to pay Japan prices Laughing

So anyone got some raves or rants about Origins products??
Mabsy

Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:51 am      Reply with quote
The only thing I tried was the A Perfect World serum. I wasn't terribly impressed after using up almost the full size of it. I liked the citrusy scent but it made me break out in little red bumps (I suspect high silicone content).

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:22 am      Reply with quote
i got a little box of sample sized products a while back for combination skin. i think it was -

(cleanser) checks and balances
(toner) united state (maybe, can't remember this one)
(moisturiser) balanced diet
(eye cream) eye doctor

i've also used a perfect world white tea guardian, clear improvement clay mask, and never a dull moment exfoliant.

honestly the only product out of that list that i'd re-purchase would be the eye doctor. the others i actually stopped using as they were making my skin worse! Sad i remember that the cleanser felt like it was really stripping my skin, the toner did nothing, the moisturiser just wasn't moisturising enough and i felt quite ripped off by the perfect world guardian. once i realised that it was coating my skin with something (silicon?) i noticed that it was making me break out with loads of little white heads - ick. the never a dull moment was okay but it was soooo expensive in nz that it decided it wasn't really worth the price.

overall impression of origins - not for me.

Kiwigirl.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:03 am      Reply with quote
I had the white tea moisturiser. Used it once and gave it away.

Estee Launder's attempt to break into the organic/ natural market can only be described as "half baked".

Organic concept needs to start from the top, IMO. They need to be "purist" and dedicated solely.

That's why I love Sophyto. I speak with the founders in the US regularly and know how passionate they are with their creations. They invest so much in research and hae taken them 7 years to backup their claims and product efficacies. (eg they need to measure the bioavailability or each ingredient from time of manufacture and over time. Have complete control with suppliers and all certified organic).
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |