Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

These are a few of my favorite things....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy When the dog bites and the bee stings when I'm feeling saaadddddd....I simply remember my favorite things....and then I don't feeeeellll soooooo bad.... Laughing

Guess who's had waaaaaayyyy too much coffee this morning????

Just thought I'd list a few product reviews of products I've been using of late -

PSF O2 Serum - This is one of those products that I have no idea why I love it so much - I just do. It is refreshing, healing, and my skin loves it - it also helps with redness and irritation especially after using....

PSF Pumpkin Masque my once a week treat. Love everything about this product - skin looks and feels smooth as silk with a clarity and tone that is terrific - I immediately apply the O2 after it and it seems to lock in the results somehow?!

Avon Alternative Treatment Yes, I know, Avon....But this product....for me, it's living up to the hype. This is a nightly product for me that has actually made me go "wow" in the a.m. The tone of my skin has evened out a great deal and it has helped diminish those little bumpies I'd be complaining about as late. Good product, and I don't like Avon!

Patricia Wexler Yes, I ran to the Bath and Body Flagship store to check out all the buzz on this kit. In my opinion, the best two products in her line are the eye cream - very moisturizing, sinks right in, little to no scent -can get right up to eye without burning the crap out of it - doesn't bother the ol' contact lenses. The other product that I really love from the kit is the micro-exfoliant. It has a lovely soft scent, is very gentle, the beads are teeny tiny. She recommends exfoliating every day - not sure I'm on board with that. However, still a great product. The other items in the kit....err...not using. I did use the face wash which was decent, but I like my PSF Green Tea cleanser more.

Serious Skin Care Their olive oil products - like their Omega3 Pressed Olive Oil serum - my skin eats this up in the colder weather - it does contain the 'cones, but I don't care. I love it. Amazing pre-moisturizer serum. Also from Serious Skin - their Olive Oil Moisturizer. Again, my skin loves this stuff, and it's cheap!!! Last year, my fave was RosayFruta, but I'm being frugal this year. This also sinks right in and makes my skin uber soft.

JB Derma Excel and C&C Serum I actually like the Derma Excel better than ADCE. This product, so generously sent by Ian, is a great one. I have one stubborn upper lip line - and this product makes it disappear like magic. Also, the dreaded 11 between my forehead has greatly diminished. Love it. The C&C Serum is also a keeper - sinks right in with no irritation. This product is a toss up with PSF's C product....

Edited to add - HOW COULD I FORGET!!! 1,000 hour lash in midnight blue. I stocked up big time on this product - Carrie bless you for introducing this little gem. LOOVVEE IT. Also, love the Lucia Serum and the Ardell. These are great products, but I wonder if I'll continue both when the Lucia runs out....Might just keep with the Ardell and see if the results are that much different.

MAKEUP -

The following are a few makeup products that I've been using that I find myself using daily!

Goldie (brand) lipgloss - found in Bath and Body Flagship stores - I think this line used to be called "Hard Candy". The color I have is a peachy/corally/pink color - and it goes with everything. Not sticky, stays on quite a bit!

Aromaleigh "Verve" blush. Quite possibly the prettiest blush I've ever used. They compare it to Nar's Big O, but it's more on the pink side than the peach side. I think they are quit different IMHO, but this blush is so pretty, especially when applied with a fiber optic blush brush. (Which, by the way, if you don't have one of these you MUST get!)

Model Co. Mascara - I still love this mascara. The one in the pink tube. The only other mascara I would like to test drive is Helena Rubinstein's Lash Queen, but unfortunately, it is not available in the states, and I've heard that the freshness of it if you order in from Strawberry.net is not the greatest. Has anyone used this and can they comment on it? Is it worth the $30 a tube???????

PHEW!!!!!!!! Talk about long winded review. Again, too much coffee.

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I really like the Avon Anew Alternative, too. Normally, I stay away from Avon because of the fragrance in their products, but this one doesn't seem so strongly scented. I was given a large sample and then ordered the whole jar. It makes my skin more even-toned and just overall healthier looking. I am finding a difficult time working it into my routine though. I have too many products already Think

Tina
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm yes this Avon anew sounds like something I might have to look into.....argh just realised I already placed my Avon order last week Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Mariav"]

PSF O2 Serum - This is one of those products that I have no idea why I love it so much - I just do. It is refreshing, healing, and my skin loves it - it also helps with redness and irritation especially after using....
JB C&C is a toss up with PSF's C product....

Hello Marviav,
What do you mean by JB C&C is a toss up with PSF's C product? I love JB C&C but I am thinking about ordering PSF's C instead. Which one do you prefer?
I am also thinking about ordeing the O2 Serum but I am just not sure what effect it has on skin? Do you think your skin looks younger? More even toned?
Any feedback would really help me decide,
Thanks,
Wild Cat

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Wildcat -

That's the problem!! I can't decide which product I like better PSF or J&B C serum!!! I think the J&B may be a teeny bit gentler on my skin, but again, they both are great products.

I think the O2 Serum helps your other actives (like Vit C) be more effective - it helps turn your cells over so that your skin always is "fresh"....I think it also calms skin. I don't think it makes me look younger on its own - but it helps my other products do what they are supposed to do. Does that make sense?
It's one of those products that you just have to try to see if it does anything for you!

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Hmmm yes this Avon anew sounds like something I might have to look into.....argh just realised I already placed my Avon order last week Rolling Eyes

See if you can get a deluxe sample. It is in a little jar and has enough for about 5-7 days use. A few campaigns ago, you could buy the sample for really cheap.

Tina
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
Hi Wildcat -

That's the problem!! I can't decide which product I like better PSF or J&B C serum!!! I think the J&B may be a teeny bit gentler on my skin, but again, they both are great products.

I think the O2 Serum helps your other actives (like Vit C) be more effective - it helps turn your cells over so that your skin always is "fresh"....I think it also calms skin. I don't think it makes me look younger on its own - but it helps my other products do what they are supposed to do. Does that make sense?
It's one of those products that you just have to try to see if it does anything for you!

Maria Laughing

Hello Maria,
I think the PSF C is a bit cheaper than JB C&C. It would be a great alternative to try then.
O2 Serum sounds like a good product that can help repair my smoker's skin Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have a question.. how does 1,000 hour lash in midnight blue look on you? is it subtle or very dramatic? I want to buy this product too. I'm asian so I'll probably buy midnight blue or just black, but I don't know how dramatic the effect would be.

Thanks!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:03 am      Reply with quote
sernx wrote:
Hi,

I have a question.. how does 1,000 hour lash in midnight blue look on you? is it subtle or very dramatic? I want to buy this product too. I'm asian so I'll probably buy midnight blue or just black, but I don't know how dramatic the effect would be.

Thanks!
The result of the blue/black (aka: “Midnight Blue”) turns out to be a ultra-glossy looking black. The blue in it is hardly noticeable except when the light hits your lashes at a certain angle in direct sunlight, and even then it looks more like the darkest possible midnight blue sheen – like a clear, starry sky at midnight. Another way to describe it is, you know how certain ethnic groups who have jet black hair, when you really look at their hair it appears more blue-black. Like, there’s absolutely no traces of red, just this glossy, blue-black sheen? That’s what the 1000 Hours in Blue\black looks like.

The plain black version of 1000 Hours seems to come out more matte or flat looking. If you’ve not checked out this thread http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7546&highlight=1000+hours, you should do so before you order because there are several descriptions of both the black and blue\black results from various members who’ve tried it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the perfect response, birthday girl (Carrie)!

How could I add any more to that perfect description?!

Mara Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I also love the O2 serum. I know that it is healing (scratches and red spots got away in a day or two with 2X per day application). It also seems to help the absorption of the other actives. I was thinking of zapping capillairies on my face but with a combo of products including O2 serum they are slowly going away.
It is good stuff.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I also love the O2 serum. I know that it is healing (scratches and red spots got away in a day or two with 2X per day application). It also seems to help the absorption of the other actives. I was thinking of zapping capillairies on my face but with a combo of products including O2 serum they are slowly going away.
It is good stuff.

Hello sharky,
What other products are you using with O2 serum that are helping you to get rid of capilairies? I have some capilairies around my nose and it would be great if I can get rid of them even though they are not too visble.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi MariaV! wave

I totally agree with you on the O2 serum, I love it too but not quite sure what it does!LOL!
I also love the C serum and can't wait to try the 20% version out! The Pumpkin peel is also lovely!

(PS - Still loving the aromaleigh - everyone keeps asking me what I've done!!!LOL!).
The Avon looks interestign - have been looking at it a while but was put off .....well because it was Avon!!! Laughing

Other things I couldn't give up are - Dr H cleansing cream or Jurliques version, Elemis SOS cream for the winter -sooo soothing and protecting and RYF creams - heavenly.
OOhhh also Elemis milk whey bath - fab on dry winter skin!

Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Oooohh, Sammy, the Elemis Milk bath sounds nice. My skin goes all dry and scaly in the winter, and I was just recently looking into products for the bath. This might just be the ticket!

Glad you are still lovin' Aromaleigh. Me too. They just had a huge sale, and of course I snarfed up a handful of products as I have no self control.

I have yet to try the DHCC. One of these days I will. Don't know what's stopping me. I do love RYF products very much and may end up caving for the Ambrosia for night time. (Be strong, Maria, be strong.....)

The Avon product was somewhat of a surprise b/c I'm not a fan. I need to give this more time, but so far, I am impressed. Weird,huh?

Maria Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Hey Maria,
The Elemis milk whey bath is gorg'! It's so gentle you can use it as a facial cleanser Shock or topically neat onto your skin! I love it as its not greasy or oily, the scent is mild but comforting, there's no detergent (which means no bubbles but that doesn't bother me)and its even soothed my friends little boys skin when he developed skin problems from chemotherapy. Its pricey but I wouldn't be without it in the winter!!!

I have been resisting looking at the aromaleigh website what with Xmas coming up (must not slurge!!!LOL!). Far too tempting! Laughing

Take care!!!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |