Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Frown on top forehead - Any suggestion on night creams
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I am so glad to find this site, I asked about eye cream. Now, I need suggestion for preventing top forehead frown. I saw some topics before, but I am not satisfied yet. Need to hear more.

Currently, I am using Clarins Line Prevention serum and Clarin line prevention moisturizers for nite and day cream. I do use ultra spf40 on top of my day cream.

I did some facial consultation with Clarins and they did facial twice for free for me. The lady recommended me to use Clarins firming lines when I reached 30 to prevent the lining.

I do have very dry skin and I have been using Lancome and Clarins for the last 2 years. I need a change. I do not have any line yet, but I can see the line starts to shape.

Any thought?
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Retin A is good for wrinkles. I had some very slight ones and retin A smoothed them out significantly. But I have VERY oily skin and the cream made me flake something awful. I can't say what it would do to dry skin. Maybe simply alternating with a moisturizer would help. But confirm with a derm.

T
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:18 am      Reply with quote
So, what brand contains Retin-A ? RoC?
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I got a script for straight retin a from the derm.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:58 am      Reply with quote
fishzebby,

Are you using a Vit. C Serum? Besides an SPF I do believe that Vit. C is a must to keep those lines away. Smile I read you have very dry skin. IMO CellularSkinRX C would be a very good choice for dry skin. I tried RetinA many years ago. Unfortunately, I could not use it as my skin was too sensitive and never got used to it. Skinceutical has a product with Retinol in it. Katee and others rave about it. I have not used it "another product on my wish list."

Also you can use products with Argireline to relax wrinkes and use as a preventative. Some of the popular ones on the forum are Relax-A-Line (also made by CellularSkinRX), AlphaDerma, and BrowTox Wrinkle Relaxer.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:27 am      Reply with quote
O... I need C for face too... I was about to order some eye products from EDS. Can you tell me what is IMO CellularSkinRX C? do they have it in EDS?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Yes, EDS carries CellularSkinRX products. Look at their product menu. You can read more about the company: http://www.cellularskinrx.com/

I really believe in Vit C as most forum members. When you are first starting a new skin care routine it can be overwhelming. If you place an order with EDS be sure to ask for samples of the products on your wish list. Samples are great to see if a product is right for you.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my cellularskinrx and it said it's for all skin type, but when I read the detail, it seems like it is more for oily skin. I felt my skin is very tight now. I don't feel really good. It's kinda dry. I also put night cream to make sure my skin is dry. Should it be vit C or firming C? Is all Vit C is for firming only? Did I buy the wrong product ? Should I use vit C for morning and night?
Here is the product I just bought:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellular-skin-rx-c-firmin-p_4142.htm
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I love Avene Ystheal. You can definately see a difference with the clairy of your skin, and it is not harsh like Retin A. I have sensitive skin and I use it.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
cookie, what is Avene Ysthea? can you give me a link?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
I just got my cellularskinrx and it said it's for all skin type, but when I read the detail, it seems like it is more for oily skin. I felt my skin is very tight now. I don't feel really good. It's kinda dry. I also put night cream to make sure my skin is dry. Should it be vit C or firming C? Is all Vit C is for firming only? Did I buy the wrong product ? Should I use vit C for morning and night?
Here is the product I just bought:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellular-skin-rx-c-firmin-p_4142.htm

Vit. C is for all skin types. CellularskinRX is one of the more moisturizing C Serums. It is not unusual for your skin to feel a bit dry when first starting a C Serum. I do suggest that you apply a moisturizer over it after it absorbs. Most people apply C in the morning. If you prefer to use it at night that is also fine.

CellularskinRX mentions firming on their label. However, all C serums IMO have the ability to firm up your skin. Vit. C also refines the texture of you skin, evens tone and with continued use deminishes fine lines and wrinkles. No, you did not buy the wrong product. In fact, you most likely would feel more dryness from several other C's on the market.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |