Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Eyelash Curlers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
KellyAlanaW
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone-I know there is another topic on this somewhere on this forum, but that one seemed kind of old, so I wanted to start a new one, as many new eyelash curlers have seemed to have come out.

Currently I use the Shieseido (or however u spell it) one, which in my opinion is the best. Yes, I have tried the Shu Umera one, but was not too impressed. Anyway, while the Shishiedo one is good, it is still not exactly meeting my full satisfaction. So, to me it seems like the Japonesque Curlers are pretty popular. Also, I was thinking of trying the Sephora plastic black one. Also, I noticed Pout and Smashbox, both have a new one out. The Smashbox one looks kinda interesting. Also, I have seen some okay reviews on the Panasonic heated lash curler. I also have seen that the Kevyn Aucoin Beauty
Eyelash Curler and Paula Dorf one's are good too. So, basically my question is has anyone tired any of the above mentioned or know of any that they feel outstands the Shiesedo. Or would the Panasonic Heated one in combo with the Shiesedo one give a better curl?

Thanks much...
-Kelly

Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Shiseido and the Shu, and I find that I reach for the Shiseido more. Also, I've tried the Japonesque eye curler (the mini one with two pads) and that was a total disaster, after trying for so long I still can't get a curl with this and I keep pinching my eyelids Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have used Shu, Shisheido and Kevin Aucoin. At each time I purchased each was my favorite. Currently, using Kevin and am getting ready to order another. Love it.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:22 am      Reply with quote
KellyAlanaW wrote:
...Also, I was thinking of trying the Sephora plastic black one.
This type of curler is known as a GoCurl lash curler, and I own or have owned the original version from Japonesque, along with the black Sephora version. While I love the design of this curler, I now know it’s grossly overpriced at over $15 because I found an identical version of it from Luxor at my local “Beauty Store” for $3.99.

GoCurl curlers aren’t going to work very well for those with deep-set or slanted eye shapes, or if your lashes are super skimmy because you’re not going to be able to get your lashes lined up correctly in the “cage” so that you squeeze the clamp that causes them to curl.

Personally, I adore my el cheapo Luxor GoCurl curler. And I also love my Japonesque double-pad GoCurl lash curler. I use either one or both of those, then “set” the curl (after applying mascara or – in my case – Ardell lash growth serum) with my heated Blinc curler that has a double-heating element.

The point I’m trying to make is that you don’t always have to spend a ton of money to get a great curler. I actually bought my bargain Luxor curler on the same day that I picked up the black Sephora version because I wanted to test them head-to-head. I discovered that they performed identically, which means that I returned the Sephora GoCurl and exchanged it for something else that I was dying to try!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |