Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: MD formulations Facial Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
siri
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
This is my new favorite cleanser! Wow, this is so great! I use the classic one with glycolic acid, which I got with the Bare Escentuals Foundation Kit, and then I bought the full size version. It feels slightly oily but leaves the skin sooo super soft and exfoliated, so much better than Dermalogica Microfoliant (which is also great but for me it doesn't come close to this one in giving me that fresh cleansed feeling). It leaves the skin in perfect condition for further skincare. And amazingly, my skin doesn't start flaking if I don't immediately put on my moisturizer after cleansing. I have not used strong cleansers like this before (I have used Decleor), so the fact that this seems to balance my slightly dry skin surprise me.

I highly recommend this!
Mabsy

Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by siri
....so much better than Dermalogica Microfoliant (which is also great but for me it doesn't come close to this one in giving me that fresh cleansed feeling).

Surprised

I am tempted but my loyalty to the Microfoliant keeps me from being unfaithful Smile I also had one of these with my starter kit but I gave it away (without trying it, which, in hind sight, was perhaps not a good idea Smile).
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I love them both, MD Formulations Glycolic Facial Cleanser and Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant but...a quite big...BUT... I don't use them both at the same time. Now, in winter time I use Cetaphil to cleanse my face and Microfoliant every other day to exfoliate. And on the other day, I use only MD Cleanser. I'd love to have a good routine especially one that works well but I get bored with using one thing regularly so I try to ...kind of mix and match my skincare ptds accordingly to my skin needs and my...mood of the day.Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:21 am      Reply with quote
As I am a total fan of MDF's Facial Cleanser with Glycolic Acid I thought this review needed an awakening from the dead and an appropriate update.

I use this every evening. Religiosly. I believe that this is the single most important product in my rutine. It exfoliates gently, it clears my skin, it "tells" me where I need to pay attention after cleansing - it stings slightly if it has harder work to do than just simple exfoliation of healthy skin Bad Grin

I'm on my second bottle. I bought my first one in oktober 2004 and the second when that bottle was finnished, and will probably be repurchasing within the next 6-8 weeks. So 2 bottles in a year and a half isn't bad...! And I gave some away in an old cream jar!

In the morning I use a very mild cleanser, the MDF is too much twice a day for me - but I have semi sensitive skin. If you do have sensitive skin you can always try the cleanser for sensitive skin first - I had that one to start with cause my face was very reactive and sensitive at the time, but after that I "upgraded" to the regular one....

sorry for rambling... Rolling Eyes can't help it Very Happy

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I might look into this, I always thought this cleanser would dry my skin out for some strange reason Rolling Eyes
Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:04 am      Reply with quote
and it feels really good when I've been really bad and had one of my squeezing sessions Anxious

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I have skin that can easily become dry and stayed away from this cleanser because it says for "oily, problem-prone skin" on the package. That is so NOT ME. Anyway, I got a sample recently and thought....what the heck. Well, I love it. I use it every other morning and it has really made my skin more even and softer. So far the sample has lasted me 4 uses (so about a week). I am definitely considering adding this to my summer cleansing routine.

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:20 am      Reply with quote
hey Lori... maybe you should get the one for sensitive skin instead of the regular one...to start off with.

jillums
5% products discount

Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering how long you people "cleanse" your face with this for? Given that it is a chemical cleanser/exfoliator, i would have thought a couple of minutes.... but just how long would be too long?
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I have tried to use this as a sort of cleansing mask, rubbed it in and left it for about 10 minutes before "lathering" and rinsing. It didn't work out too great, as I recall I broke out a bit the day after - but I don't KNOW that it was the cleanser.

It's difficult to say how long would be too long - it's so individual. You could always ask the people at mdformulations, they have e-mail customer service...

mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:41 am      Reply with quote
With any cleanser I use, I try to massage it in for a minute, leave it sit for a minute, add a bit more water and massage again for a minute then rinse. So about 3 minutes....

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
dito Loris cleansing time

yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I love MDF products, they are the best, I am so glad that you like their products too. Very Happy
xxophelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! this sounds wonderful, I also have a bottle given by BE but never bother to try it and even thought of giving it out. Luckily I havent yet, yeah! gotta give this a try tonight. Thanks for the review.
Bluewave
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:47 am      Reply with quote
i actually used this many years ago, before i started using Decleor product. But over the years, my skin changed, so I couldnt use it anymore. Plus i keep hearing reviews from beauticians that glycolic acid is a little harsh for my skin type, especially since my skin doesnt react to well to the wrong type of products. But i was really surprised at the price on EDS, its really cheap..I actually got it of the store then for 3x the price, ...if i had known about EDS long time back, I would have bought heaps from you guys.. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |