Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Questions about PSF Pumpkin Peel Mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,
I am thinking about getting PSF Pumpkin Peel Mask. I have never done any kind of peel before so I am wondering about what it does. I have some acne scars that I would love to get rid off. Would this do the trick? Can this get rid of sunspots?
Anyone had success getting rid of acne scars using this? Any comments would really help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Haven't used their Pumpkin mask but have used MyChelle's. Lousy - skip it. Have to say the Alba Botanicals Papaya Enzyme Mask is fantastic though. Gorgeous smooth skin after leaving that on for five minutes. The thing is all of these (pumpkin, papaya, pineapple) use bromelain or papain, enzymes that dissolve dead skin cells. To that end, your marks might disappear more quickly as you continously "peel away" old dead darkened skin. However it will take a while.

The most effective product for getting rid of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) is azelaic acid. Finacea, Skinoren and Azelex all include AA. Azelex is Rx only. Don't know about the other two. However, I have seen that there are some places that actually sell azelaic acid in pure form. You might do a search on it and see what you can find.

All that said, Neutrogena Acne Mark Fade cream? is popular over at MakeUpAlley and it uses salicylic acid (2%) as it's main ingredient.

I wish I knew the holy grail ingredient to make those marks fade off as quickly as the pimple itself. I'd say not picking has alot to do with what is left behind. When I have fooled around with pimples, I have left marks behind. When I have let them resolve on their own, Ihave not gotten the PIH.
yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:52 am      Reply with quote
have to double vouch for azelaic acid!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Any non-prescription product that can work on removing acne scars?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Hello Everyone,
I am thinking about getting PSF Pumpkin Peel Mask. I have never done any kind of peel before so I am wondering about what it does. I have some acne scars that I would love to get rid off. Would this do the trick? Can this get rid of sunspots?
Anyone had success getting rid of acne scars using this? Any comments would really help.

Wild Cat,

I use Pure Skin Formulation's Pumpkin Peel but can't comment on acne scaring as that is not what I am addressing. On their website they say it is very good for acne and hyperpigmentation. In my opinion I believe that to soften the look of acne scares take persistance. Where the Pumpkin Mask contains Glycolic Acid,Salicylic Acid and Retinol I do believe it will help. The peel has quite a punch to it. Shock Have you tried sampling it? Perhaps Darren will read this thread and give you more information. Surely there are others on the forum that are using the peel that have a similiar situation.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie,
After hearing so many good reviews about the PSF peel I really hope to hear someone that have had good result with it at removing acne scars. So, What does the peel do for you? Brighten the complexation?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Thanks Winnie,
After hearing so many good reviews about the PSF peel I really hope to hear someone that have had good result with it at removing acne scars. So, What does the peel do for you? Brighten the complexation?

Wild Cat,

I used to worked in a salon and had a peel several times a year. For the past three years I have not given myself the luxury of facials and peels. The Pumpkin Peel is the first peel I have used on my own. I find it to be wonderful. It tightens up my pores and using weekly my face shows a nice even texture. I tend to get kind of sallow. The peel seems to let my pink undertones show through. I can't use harsh exfoliants (microderm products) as they are too harsh for my skin. It is working for me. Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
What do you mean by “acne scars:” are you talking about the pits or craters that severe acne-sufferers are left with, or do you mean those red blotchy marks left behind once a bump heals? If you’re referring to the latter, then a plain old homemade aspirin mask will SIGNIFICANTLY reduce the appearance of them after only one application. Just this past weekend I had a rare TOM skin freakout with a bunch of zits that cropped up. I was easily able to remove the “debris” from the bumps and was left with a bunch of those post-breakout red marks spread strategically all over my face. Confused Monday morning I used my (super charged) variation of the standard aspirin mask and when I rinsed it off, the red marks had all but faded to a distant memory!

Unfortunately, if you’re talking about the *other* type of acne scars, thankfully I never experienced outbreaks like that so I have no advice to offer. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks carekate,
I got your PM, thank you here first.
The acne scars and I am talking about are just red spots left over. I love asprin mask and I use it at least twice a week. They do diminish the red spots but they are still there. The process of diminishing got a little faster after I started using retinod products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
The Pumpkin Peel is fab!!! I am sure it will help to diminish those scars, but nothing is over night. It will take some time... The Pumpkin Peel is an excellent product to incorporate into your routine though. I can't speak highly enough about this product! Smile

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |