Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
hyaluronic acid/l-ascorbic acid
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pooh
5% products discount

Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys, I'm still sort of a newbie here, but have read tons of stuff about hyaluronic acid anf l-ascorbic acid on these boards. Has anyone tried the benev hyaluronic moisturizing serum. They claim to have 50% hyaluronic acid and 50% water. That is the highest amount of hyaluornic I have ever seen in any product available. Is this possible? here is the sight where they have the product listed.(www.skin-etc.com). Also, benev has a l-ascorbic acid serum available too, with pg in it. However the ph looks a little high to me. Doesn't the ph of vitamin c have to be around 3 or something in order for it to absorb into the skin better. I have oily skin, so I am definetly not looking for something that is thick and oily. i have tried vivier and found it to be a little oily for my skintype. I am hesitant to try cellex-c and skinceuticals b/c of them having water as an ingredient. I mean what's the point of spending so much when you'll just have to throw it away in 2 months.
There is also another skin care line, that seems interesting. It's called cosmedix, i've seen some discussions about it on the board, but they have a product called Refine, and I haven't seen much about that. Here are the list of ingredients:
L-Retinol A, Cassia Betaglycan, L-Sodium PCA, L-Sodium Hyaluronate, L-Lactic Acid, D-Glucuronic.Distilled Water, Castor Oil Methyl Glycol, Squalane, Dimethicone, Copolyol, Sunflower Oil, Xantham Gum, Essential Oils of Sandalwood, Jasmine, Bergamot

All of there products are suppose to be non-acne forming, but I have read that the essential oils can be irritating.
If anyone has any input on these topics PPPLLLLLEEAAASSEEE reply.....thnx Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I can answer your Vit C serum question. Yes, the pH needs to be around 3, under 3.5 (I think) so if it is above that, then I wouldn't bother. CellularSkin RX makes a C serum without water if you are opposed to it, and it is pretty nice. For the same money, the PSF one is better, in my opinion. As for having to throw it away in 2 months...mine only last 6-8 weeks, so I don't have that problem. Laughing

Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:42 am      Reply with quote
And I can answer your question about the 50% hyaluronic acid serum being the highest concentration. In short, no it's not possible. Diana Yvonne sells a 100% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum.

HTH Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I posted another post in another thread explaining about 100% HA serum. When a manufacturer advertises a 50% HA serum, what that means is that the formula contains 50% hyaluronic acid solution, which is most likely 1% sodium hyaluronate, and 99% water. HA cannot be solubilized at a concentration higher than 2%. The highest concentration of HA is 5%, at which point it is a thick, rubbery gel used for injections for wrinkle fillers, or for injection into joints (knees, elbows, etc).

The industry standard is a 1% solution of HA. Some manufacturers sell a 2% solution, but this is a very thick gel that tends to ball up on the skin when applied. I am assuming that a 50% HA solution would be half water & then half the 1% solution. I don't know why anyone would water it down like that though, other than just to make a bigger profit.
I'd go for the 100% HA soution. Also the manufacturer should be able to tell you the dissolution ratio (1% concentration by mass, or 2% c/m). This will give you an idea of the viscosity & spreadibility of the serum. Hope that helps! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I was told to go with cellularskinRX for VitC, now, it seems like I need to switch to PSF C serum. I want some vit c, but I don't want o rush to heavy/too concentrated one, What should I do?
Pooh
5% products discount

Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Thnx for your help on the HA situation guys, I'll give the 100% dianeyvonne one a try. My skin is oily but dehydrated at the same time. Hey anyone also try the cellular skin rx eye birhg ttreatment serum on their face instead of their eyes? They have all natural ingredients but I was wondering if it would work as well on the face. Looks interesting though.........Any one has any news on the cosmedix product line, especially a product called Refine and Lightening....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a sample of the Benev and I'm on my second bottle of DY's 100%. The concentration definitions are so weird.

Anyway, I liked the Benev better, more soothing and seemed to soak in better than DY but hers is cheaper and seems to do the trick, I mix it with my vit c solution (homemade.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for explaining that Darren. Actually, now that I think of it - I'd like to know exactly what the DY serum is - is it "100% Pure" HA (as in it's pure HA, as opposed to unpure HA, but still mixed with other stuff), or is it 100% in terms of concentration? Looking at their ingredients there's water in it (as Darren indicated).

5% products discount

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:44 am      Reply with quote
There is also hyaluronic acid bty a company called cellbone, and there's has 1.5% concentration. That is the one I am using right now, and it's been working well so far, It goes on smoooth and in about 20-30 seconds it soaks in all the way. I emailed cellular skin rx anout the eye brightening serum. They said it could be used on the face but there are no studies of it being used that way. I think I am going to give it a go anyways, i mean it's not too expensive. Any one know if lactic acid works with hyperpigmentation or is retinol the better thing to use? Razz

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |