Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
::Review:: Thalgo Revitalising Eye Contour Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this eye cream since around mid-September (with a few days of other eye creams here and there just for fun Smile) and have been very impressed by it. I don't actually have a full size of this, but over the last year or so I have accumulated a couple samples of it. I finally decided to squeeze them out into a little pot and have been using it since then. I am just coming up to finishing the little pot - so that tells you that ~4ml of rather exceedingly generous use of this (I also massaged it into my lashes and used it on my eye lids - yes, you read right! Smile) lasted over 1.5 months.

First off, I never expected to like this eye cream. In fact, the reason why I held off trying it for so long was that mineral oil was the third ingredient on the list and I was worried about millia. I expected to try it once, not like it, and decide to not even finish using the sample (as I had done with many others over the years). When I started using it and realised what a lovely texture it had, I did some searches about the use of mineral oil in skincare and found a myriad of sites outright stating that mineral oil in skincare is not a BAD thing and that in fact it's actually very effective at stopping the loss of moisture from skin. I also found out that it does NOT block pores - so after reading all that from various reputable sources, I was much more at ease with using this.

The eye cream has a faint pleasant scent and a good level of moisture. For those of you who have tried the Cellcosmet eye cream (or the Babor Sensational Eyes) and the PSF skincare eye cream - the Thalgo is right in the middle in terms of texture IMO. It feels a bit heavier than the Cellcosmet (though it's still very light) but not as oily as the PSF (I'm sure the PSF is not actually "oily" but while it was light in texture it was too much for my skin).

I have been using this twice daily and applying it all over the eye area (inlcuding the eye lid) and have also been massaging this into my eyelashes prior to applying the DreamLash/Ardell lash conditioners. Result wise, I am very happy with how my eye area looks. I am 28 years old so I don't have many concerns about this area as yet (apart from keeping it looking as it does of course!) so I cannot comment about it's effect on lines etc However, I spend most of my time in air-conditioning and I have not had any dehydration lines, the whole eye are does look good - I think it just looks "perky". I've had no millia, no puffiness from using this on the eyelids (though I do apply sparringly) and no eye irritation from using this very close to the eye (i.e. rubbing it into my eyelashes). This is certainly a far cry from my recent experience with the Dr Hauschka Revitalising Eye Cream which, while not causing puffiness or millia, really didn't do much for my eyes.

Interestingly, and I have no proof of this, I think it makes my eyelashes more glossy and fuller looking. I can't quite explain it - I have been using the DreamLash/Ardell before I started using this and I have seen a difference since starting to use this cream. I don't know if it's something that is longlasting - I guess I'll see when I stop using this.

The other good news too is that it's relatively cheap Smile

I don't know how many people are using this here but I'd love to know what others think of it. I know that Lianne was using a sample of this a while ago and she liked it at the time. Would love to hear an update Lianne! Angel

Btw, before I forget, here are the ingredients:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (which I am told is the "good" kind of alcohol), Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Aicd, Lanolin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Beeswax, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hazel Leaf Extract, Hyssopus Officinalis Extract, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Treithanolamine, Fragrance, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Chamomile Oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Great review Mabsy! I do have one more question before I order this though. The wonderful Thalgo Moisture Quenching Mask has a strong scent (to me anyway) that sometimes bothers my eye area since I wear contacts 24/7. It's not enough to keep me from using it, but I was wondering if the eye cream has a similar scent? I know you said in your review that it has a faint scent, but since you have both the mask and the eye cream I was wondering if you can do a comparison.

-Cheri
Mabsy

Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
As requested, I am sitting here in the garden with some of the eye cream of my left wrist, and some of the mask on my right wrist. Sniffing them in turns with my dog looking on like I've gone off the rails ... Laughing

The scent of the mask is very different to the eye cream, and also much stronger. The mask smells kinda sweet (this could really be made into a perfume!) but the eye cream is just a faint scent that I can't quite put my finger on. You'll probably be happy to hear that after applying the mask & cream about three minutes ago, I cannot really smell the eye cream but I can most definitely smell the mask. So, you can notice the fragrance of the eye cream in the pot, but not once on - and even when it's in the pot it is *much* less fragranced than the mask.

If you can get a sample of this then please do - I'm always paranoid about other people buying something untested just based on my recommendation of it. It might be good to wait and see if Lianne is still liking this? (Then I can share the blame if you don't like this! Bad Grin Just kidding! Razz)

Either way, if you do end up trying it then I'd love to know what you think of it!

Now that I have this mask out, I might as well go exfoliate and use it... Off to do a quick facial then! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy!

yes, I used my sample of this and liked it. The sample lasted for a week and the only reason I didn't order the full size is because I was scared of the milia from mineral oil!

After your review, I will probably buy the full size, unless I fall in love with the Babor that I ordered!

Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update Lianne - I hope you do like the Babor eye cream, it's nice and light as well Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for doing that scent comparison for me Mabsy. The eye cream sounds more and more of what I want and need, but I'm going to take your advice and try to get a sample first.

-Cheri
Mabsy

Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:04 am      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
Thanks for doing that scent comparison for me Mabsy. The eye cream sounds more and more of what I want and need, but I'm going to take your advice and try to get a sample first.

Please let us know what you think of it if you try it. TIA Angel

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
oh, thanks. it will be put in my list, just ask a sample first.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review Mabsy, I've been searching religiously for a new & effective eye cream ever since my HG from Guerlain has started to make my eyes sting badly. Crying or Very sad I've been wanting to try Thalgo eye creams for a while now, but unfortunately they are fragranced so I can't Sad
Mabsy

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
Thanks for the review Mabsy, I've been searching religiously for a new & effective eye cream ever since my HG from Guerlain has started to make my eyes sting badly. Crying or Very sad I've been wanting to try Thalgo eye creams for a while now, but unfortunately they are fragranced so I can't Sad

Sorry to hear about your HG Guerlain. That's gotta be annoying! You finally find something and your body eventually says "nah, try again" Mad
Have you tried the Babor Sensational Eyes eye cream?

Also, I think it's DHC (?) that Carrie sent me a sample of ages ago - that was a nice cream as well and no fragrance from what I remember.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds good! And your research was right, the reason mineral oils got a bad rap, is like alot of things there are various grades of this stuff. The higher grade mineral Oils are fab for skin, the lower grades created all the problems and ruckus, yet very few take the time to really learn there is a diff and just see the name and walk away.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, I was just wondering if you are still using this eye cream. Also what do you think of your lashes? Are they still fuller? Is it from using the eye cream on them?
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

I ordered Babor eye cream after reading your review and I'm loving it. I'm wondering if you've ordered a full size of Thalgo eye cream. In case you haven't, would you consider ordering it in the future?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

Sorry to hear about your HG Guerlain. That's gotta be annoying! You finally find something and your body eventually says "nah, try again" Mad
Have you tried the Babor Sensational Eyes eye cream?

Also, I think it's DHC (?) that Carrie sent me a sample of ages ago - that was a nice cream as well and no fragrance from what I remember.

I know it's very annoying!, the Guerlain was my HG for over 3 years now & I have never used any other skincare product for so long. Embarassed Thanks for the recs but I have not tried any of the above eye creams, I just decided after hearing/reading several good reviews I will just go ahead & order Payot Doux Regard Gel Contour des Yeux (not sure how to pronounce that hmm) which is for dehydrated sensitive skin. So I will see how I go once it arrives & will write a review too! Smile
Mabsy

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Melissa - I have to say I was guilty of that at first. I wouldn't have even asked for a sample of it but EDS forced it down my throat (and by that I mean "generously included a few samples of this with my order" Smile) so I used it and did a little bit of research. Glad I did. It makes me wonder about all the other assumptions I'm making Rolling Eyes

bkkgirl - I only used a few samples of it but do now have the full size. I have to embarrass myself here though and say that I have so many eye creams that I have not yet got around to using this and I don't want to open it up because it comes in a pot and I'm a bit paranoid about growing germs in it if I use it and then let it stand for months. So, bottom line is I don't know the long term effect on eyelashes. I do have to add that I am almost 100% sure that the PSF hydrating eye cream did improve the condition of my lashes though.

andaman_gypsy - Yep, I sure do have a full size of this, but as I mentioned, I haven't started using it yet.

Safire - looking forward to your review and I hope it turns out to be your HG so you can stop searching again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Melissa - I have to say I was guilty of that at first. I wouldn't have even asked for a sample of it but EDS forced it down my throat (and by that I mean "generously included a few samples of this with my order" Smile) so I used it and did a little bit of research. Glad I did. It makes me wonder about all the other assumptions I'm making Rolling Eyes

bkkgirl - I only used a few samples of it but do now have the full size. I have to embarrass myself here though and say that I have so many eye creams that I have not yet got around to using this and I don't want to open it up because it comes in a pot and I'm a bit paranoid about growing germs in it if I use it and then let it stand for months. So, bottom line is I don't know the long term effect on eyelashes. I do have to add that I am almost 100% sure that the PSF hydrating eye cream did improve the condition of my lashes though.

andaman_gypsy - Yep, I sure do have a full size of this, but as I mentioned, I haven't started using it yet.

Safire - looking forward to your review and I hope it turns out to be your HG so you can stop searching again.

Mabsy,

Now you're gonna have me running out to buy PSF hydrating eye cream just to put on my eyelashes! Laughing

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:26 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Now you're gonna have me running out to buy PSF hydrating eye cream just to put on my eyelashes! Laughing

Laughing Sorry! You know, I actually keep contemplating buying a full size of that cream but it is actually a bit too rich for my skin. Yet, I'm still so tempted! Not like I need another eye cream though Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

Laughing Sorry! You know, I actually keep contemplating buying a full size of that cream but it is actually a bit too rich for my skin. Yet, I'm still so tempted! Not like I need another eye cream though Rolling Eyes

Gosh, temptations! I still have the $50 GC, and I've been wondering if I should buy some PSF products. However I don't want to be stuck with a full size bottle if I don't like it. I should probably just order a sample size and then try and see if I like it!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

I remember you mentioning it being too rich on another thread before. I think it was on PSF Products thread. You make me wanna buy it and just use it to rub into my lashes! Did you actually put it on your lashes? Did it irritate your eyes at all? I certainly don't need another eye cream as I already have way too many in my bathroom at the moment. If it does help moisturize my lashes and make them even a tad longer I'm so gonna buy it just for that. It isn't expensive really, so might be worth a try Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Mabsy wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

I remember you mentioning it being too rich on another thread before. I think it was on PSF Products thread. You make me wanna buy it and just use it to rub into my lashes! Did you actually put it on your lashes? Did it irritate your eyes at all? I certainly don't need another eye cream as I already have way too many in my bathroom at the moment. If it does help moisturize my lashes and make them even a tad longer I'm so gonna buy it just for that. It isn't expensive really, so might be worth a try Smile

Maybe you should buy the sample size from PSF. I think they only charge $3 for a sample?
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Mabsy wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

Maybe you should buy the sample size from PSF. I think they only charge $3 for a sample?

I think I'll ask for a sample from EDS next time I place an order. If not, I'll just buy a full size. It's not too expensive. If I don't like it, I'll just use it on my lips. I tend to have a bad habit of putting moisturizing eye cream on my lips Very Happy

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Did you actually put it on your lashes? Did it irritate your eyes at all? I certainly don't need another eye cream as I already have way too many in my bathroom at the moment. If it does help moisturize my lashes and make them even a tad longer I'm so gonna buy it just for that. It isn't expensive really, so might be worth a try Smile

I didn't have any problems will irritation. Also, it's not like I slathered my lashes with it, I think I just kind of wiped my finger against them after I had already applied the cream. It's very nice stuff!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Did you actually put it on your lashes? Did it irritate your eyes at all? I certainly don't need another eye cream as I already have way too many in my bathroom at the moment. If it does help moisturize my lashes and make them even a tad longer I'm so gonna buy it just for that. It isn't expensive really, so might be worth a try Smile

I didn't have any problems will irritation. Also, it's not like I slathered my lashes with it, I think I just kind of wiped my finger against them after I had already applied the cream. It's very nice stuff!

I just checked out PSF website. It's no longer available. I think their Super Hydrating Eye Treatment is replacing it.

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:36 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
I just checked out PSF website. It's no longer available. I think their Super Hydrating Eye Treatment is replacing it.

It's always been called that hasn't it? I might be getting confused but I think this is still the same product I'm talking about. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

It's always been called that hasn't it? I might be getting confused but I think this is still the same product I'm talking about. HTH

Sorry, you're probably right. I don't know much about PSF, so I had no idea what it's really called.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |