Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Cellex-C Advanced-C Serum (17.5%)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Crazyskin - one review of Eminence Wild Plum toner coming up..... in a few days. Sorry for being so brief on here today but I've got some crazy work stuff happening today (hate deadlines!).

Wild Cat - hmm that's a very difficult question to answer because it's been a while since I used the Vivier 20% and it's hard to compare to "back then". I just don't have a clear picture of what my skin looked like, I know that I was very happy with the results. I then started using the JB C&C and was happy with that but could tell that the Vivier 20% was more effective. I think I had a bigger difference going from JB C&C to Cellex-C than when going from Vivier 20% to JB C&C (other direction) so I'm leanding towards saying 'yes' but that's a very subjective statement. I'd have to start using the Vivier right now (and I don't have one unfortunately and my mother has just finished hers as well) to be able to tell. I still like the texture of the Vivier more *sigh*

Is the Vivier C+E a 20% C strength?
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for review Smile vit c products are always a miss for me, gotta find one that works!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:31 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Rufus"]

Is the Vivier C+E a 20% C strength?[/quote]

I thought it was 15%?? I could be wrong! Smile
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:32 am      Reply with quote
sorry I meant 10% vitamin c...
Mabsy

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
Is the Vivier C+E a 20% C strength?

Sorry, not sure. I really wish that Vivier was more explicit about their serum strengths...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Anybody with sensitive skin used these C products? Do they work? I am a bit afraid to try. Thanks.
Mabsy

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:19 am      Reply with quote
j0g6345 wrote:
Anybody with sensitive skin used these C products? Do they work? I am a bit afraid to try. Thanks.

Generally, people with sensitive skins should go for a lower concentration of vit C. I would try 10% if I were you, or maybe even lower. Also, I've found that brands like PSF, Vivier, JB, were less likely to irritate than Skinceuticals or Cellex-C, which may be related to the pH of the product. The Janson Beckett serum is one of the good starters - it has 10% C but comprised of two types of vit C at 5% each if I remember correctly (one type is more effective but has higher potential to irritate sensitive skins, the other less effective IMO but less irritating - so, good combo for someone with sensitive skin). HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Vivier was my first vit. c product..recommended by Mabsy. I'm not comfortable with the texture (it feels oily but it isn't Confused ) but other than that, I've never used another C product that had such an immediate effect on my skin...well, o.k. except for Candy's triple C....& maybe skinmedica.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
It has been suggested to me by a friend who's knowledgeable about skincare that this product, as well as any that contain tyrosine, may not be the best choice for those hoping to fade pigmentation. While tyrosine is an antioxidant, it also promotes melanin production. The fact that it's indicated to darken white patches caused by vitiligo seems to bear this out.
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 6:36 am      Reply with quote
i want to know if this product has some white precipitate inside? as i only opened it for 1 week, i don't know whether it is changed or not...also how long can i see the effect?
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
finally i hv purchased it together with the hydra 5 B complex and i really love it...it make my skin smooth and bright...i think i will buy the second bottle
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't had much luck with the Vit C products. Do I need to exfoliate before using it?
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
j0g6345 wrote:

Generally, people with sensitive skins should go for a lower concentration of vit C. I would try 10% if I were you, or maybe even lower. Also, I've found that brands like PSF, Vivier, JB, were less likely to irritate than Skinceuticals or Cellex-C, which may be related to the pH of the product. The Janson Beckett serum is one of the good starters - it has 10% C but comprised of two types of vit C at 5% each if I remember correctly (one type is more effective but has higher potential to irritate sensitive skins, the other less effective IMO but less irritating - so, good combo for someone with sensitive skin). HTH

Hi Mabsy,
I am interested in using The Janson Beckett serum. I researched on it on this forum and found pretty good reviews. I have senstive skin
and as per you this works for senstive skin. I have one more query for this serum if you or anybody else can answwer it. In Janson Beckett serum review people say it is quite hyderating..does it mean is it oily...cause I have acne prone skin..I am worried if it wont aaggrevate the acne and wont clog the proes....
Please let me know your advice...Thanks so much in advance...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:09 am      Reply with quote
ritas wrote:
In Janson Beckett serum review people say it is quite hyderating..does it mean is it oily...cause I have acne prone skin..I am worried if it wont aaggrevate the acne and wont clog the proes....

Janson Beckett C & C serum is a light, non-oily, non-acid serum.

I cannot comment on acne, but I am currently using this serum in my nose area, as I find it doesn't clog my pores.

I use a vit C serum with l-ascorbic acid in the rest of my face, but don't want to use it around my nose as it tends to cause blackheads.

I have been using different C serums for many years and would think Janson Beckett C & C is one of the best for sensitive skin.

HTH. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
ritas wrote:
In Janson Beckett serum review people say it is quite hyderating..does it mean is it oily...cause I have acne prone skin..I am worried if it wont aaggrevate the acne and wont clog the proes....

Janson Beckett C & C serum is a light, non-oily, non-acid serum.

I cannot comment on acne, but I am currently using this serum in my nose area, as I find it doesn't clog my pores.

I use a vit C serum with l-ascorbic acid in the rest of my face, but don't want to use it around my nose as it tends to cause blackheads.

I have been using different C serums for many years and would think Janson Beckett C & C is one of the best for sensitive skin.

HTH. Smile
thnx so much Septembergirl for your reply. I m planning to buy it soon.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
I just heard from skincare that vitamin C is good at anti-aging.

Does anybody know whether this can help to remove existing lines? Thanks.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
jhelenhan wrote:

Does anybody know whether this can help to remove existing lines? Thanks.

Vitamin C is one of the ingredients with the best scientific backing for its effectiveness in skin care products.

I believe that no topically applied product will remove moderate to deep lines. A vitamin C product may contribute to erase fine lines and prevent premature signs of aging.

HTH. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C will make skin more brighter. The color are easily changed, is it photosensitized?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
may2008 wrote:
Vitamin C will make skin more brighter. The color are easily changed, is it photosensitized?

The vitamin C serums are easily oxidized and should be kept in a cool, dark place and usually be used within 3 months after opening. If the color has turned darker, it's oxidized, and can do more harm than good.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Septembergirl"]
jhelenhan wrote:

Vitamin C is one of the ingredients with the best scientific backing for its effectiveness in skin care products.

I believe that no topically applied product will remove moderate to deep lines. A vitamin C product may contribute to erase fine lines and prevent premature signs of aging.

HTH. Smile

Oh, perfect, perfect~ I'm looking for an antiaging serum. I'm currently using Cellcosmet Elasto-Collagen Intensive as the serum, but it cannot be used daily.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
The vitamin C serums are easily oxidized and should be kept in a cool, dark place and usually be used within 3 months after opening. If the color has turned darker, it's oxidized, and can do more harm than good.[/quote]

This review sounds serious, and I only apply serum at night, and use La Mer only in the morning. 3 months sound too short for me to finish one bottle..
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:59 am      Reply with quote
jhelenhan wrote:

This review sounds serious, and I only apply serum at night, and use La Mer only in the morning. 3 months sound too short for me to finish one bottle..

One 1 oz bottle of vitamin C serum lasts me for 8 - 12 weeks (depending on the brand) when used once daily on face and neck.

My favorite C serum is SkinMedica C complex. It's a very stable gel-like cream that will normally be good for six months after opening, as it's silicone-based. You can also buy samples on Ebay.

HTH Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:38 am      Reply with quote

HTH. Smile[/quote]

Sorry to hear that, but since I have already had nothing to do with the former lines, at least I can stop the coming ones on their way.

Thank you very much.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
One 1 oz bottle of vitamin C serum lasts me for 8 - 12 weeks (depending on the brand) when used once daily on face and neck.

My favorite C serum is SkinMedica C complex. It's a very stable gel-like cream that will normally be good for six months after opening, as it's silicone-based. You can also buy samples on Ebay.

HTH Smile[/quote]

Thank you so much, Septembergirl. It's really very nice to get your recommendation. Since this will be my 1st try in Vitamin C serum. Do you think 15% is ok or too high?

Also, you said "It's a very stable gel-like cream", it's actually a cream or a serum?

What I actually want is a serum.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:33 am      Reply with quote
jhelenhan wrote:

Thank you so much, Septembergirl. It's really very nice to get your recommendation. Since this will be my 1st try in Vitamin C serum. Do you think 15% is ok or too high?

Also, you said "It's a very stable gel-like cream", it's actually a cream or a serum?

What I actually want is a serum.

You're welcome. Smile

Unless you have very sensitive skin, I would not think that a 15 % strength of vit C should cause problems. You could use it every other day the first week.

The consistency is cream-like, but it's a highly concentrated serum that's supposed to be applied on cleansed skin before moisturizer.

If you prefer a vit C serum with a thin consistency, you can look into Skin Cellular Rx C + Firming serum with 12 % vit C (see link below). It's under half the price of the SkinMedica serum, and is also known to be a very stable serum. I have used one bottle, and it stayed clear (not oxidized) for half a year after opening.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/face-eyes-and-lip-care-m_352_354.htm

Here are some more reviews on the SkinMedica C Complex. It's a more advanced formula than many other C serums, as it contains two forms of vit C and vit E in an anhydreous base.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=301513

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |