Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Exercises to slim and lift my nose
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Don't know if this is your case, but pregnancy can really change the shape of the nose due to hormonal changes. Surgery helps!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Several EDS members swear by face exercises. I don't have the discipline (or need, yet) to do them, myself, but I wouldn't dismiss them out of hand.

Others may -- and will -- disagree, but I take Paula B with a big bucket of salt. My experience, opinion, and results are more often than not, very different from hers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Can not say anything about nose exercices, but facial exercises do work. Here is a link to before and after pictures of FlexEffect followers, scroll down and click on the links:
http://www.flexeffect.com/beforeafter.htm
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
im sorry but that article is rubbish, facial exercises do work, i have been doing them 6 months and my face is transformed

if you go on the flexeffect website and look at the before and after photos you will see the difference

one of the major causes of ageing is sagging of muscles and loss of volume, building muscles in the face replaces lost volume from lost fat, so gives back the youthful contours

also more volume plumps up skin and helps smooth wrinkles, sagging is reversed, i could go on

botox on the other hand causes muscles to atrophy in the long run causing more problems as certain muscles will shrink as they are not being used then other muscles work harder, causing more wrinkles in funny places wher you might not have had them before!

you do have muscles in your nose, in your nostrils otherwise you wouldnt be able to flare them, so it is possible to make your nostrils wider or smaller through exercises, if thats what you want
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
ellie213 wrote:
im sorry but that article is rubbish, facial exercises do work, i have been doing them 6 months and my face is transformed

if you go on the flexeffect website and look at the before and after photos you will see the difference

one of the major causes of ageing is sagging of muscles and loss of volume, building muscles in the face replaces lost volume from lost fat, so gives back the youthful contours

also more volume plumps up skin and helps smooth wrinkles, sagging is reversed, i could go on

botox on the other hand causes muscles to atrophy in the long run causing more problems as certain muscles will shrink as they are not being used then other muscles work harder, causing more wrinkles in funny places wher you might not have had them before!

you do have muscles in your nose, in your nostrils otherwise you wouldnt be able to flare them, so it is possible to make your nostrils wider or smaller through exercises, if thats what you want
I'm sorry but I see no difference at all. The befores don't match the after pictures at all. The lighting, the distance, the color doesn't even match up. The pictures must be exact to get a good representation.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Most of the pictures on the web site are done by regular users, thus difference in lighting. I definitely see the difference in these before and after pictures. Also I do FlexEffect myself, so I know that facial exercises work for me as well as for many other flexers.
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:56 am      Reply with quote
a lot of people on here do them, if you search theres a thread on it, we wouldnt bother doing them if they didnt work
Lili68

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:48 am      Reply with quote
My grandmother used to pull my aunt's nose everyday since she was a baby and her nose got kind of narrower but I can see myself doing that to my daughter. However, for a quick lift of the nose try NoseSecret inserts. The nose inserts are a pair of flexible splints that you put inside your nose whenever you want and they instanly lift the nose.

I have been using the nose inserts for several years now with great results.
That's the secret that plastic surgeons don't want you to know.
Sear for a NoseSecret video in youtube.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Using a nose insert sounds kind of creepy - actually doesn't it change the way you sound when you speak too?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Imagine sneezing - and the thing flying out!

The whole idea sounds completely repulsive to me. I suffer from sinus and I definitely couldn't imagine sticking something up my nasal passages - surely it would block air supply. And what happens when you want to blow your nose?

Anyway, I did watch the video - and I couldn't see any difference to the appearance of her nose after she had put in the splints.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:57 am      Reply with quote
LOL that looks like a FlexEffect exercise called Nose Flare.

Actually FlexEffect has two exercises, one called Bridge of Nose and one called Nose Pull I think, which slims the nose for sure. Carole Maggio has one called Nose Shortener which supposidly shorteners the nose. I've done it a couple of times but never long enough to really test it.

The other thing I use is a thing called Nose Huggies.

http://www.nosehuggies.com/

There's a thread on EDS somewhere that I started, and I swear this device has definitely changed my nose for the better!

Theresa
Floyd wrote:
Hey guys, how are you all?

Can anyone type out for me the best facial exercises to narrow a widening nose and something to help lift the bridge (due to aging).

Here are some exercises from karmiarchitect (thanks!)

Gently pinch your nose with your thumb on one nostril and your index finger on the other. Press only enough to give some resistance -- do not completely flatten your nostrils. Flare your nostrils against your finger/thumb. Repeat ad nauseum.
---------
The author of this exercise states that there may be more sophisticated nose exercises out there, but this is the one she's been doing since adolescence, and it has worked really well for her.
-----------

Can anyone suggest any more books and videos?

The two top Facial Exercise programs (Facercise by Carole Maggio and Flex Effect by Deborah Crowley) do not contain any exercises to help slim and lift the nose.

---------

Any more exercises to help slim my nose and help lift the bridge?

Thanks!
Foxglove
5% products discount

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I started doing Carole Maggio’s Nose Shortener exercise almost a month ago, and I have received great results from it. My nose was long, I had a small bump, and it gave me a slight “parrot beak” appearance when I smiled, especially from the profile (doesn’t help that I have a small chin to boot). I found her book online, found the exercise, and started doing it, usually when I was on the computer. I admit I was not really consistent, but fortunately, that did not matter because after about a week, I started noticing a difference in my nose. It was subtle, but I noticed it anyway. When I saw that it was working, I took a belated “before photo”, and will take an “after” picture next month, just to compare the difference visually. What the exercise did was to shorten my nose, and minimize the appearance of the bump by lifting the tip of the nose (hence, giving a more linear line for the profile). Also, the tip of my nose has narrowed very slightly; it really is like an understated nose job.

Since I have been doing this for almost a month, I expect to see more results in the future. Two weeks ago, I bit the bullet, ordered the book, and have started doing some of the other exercises, too. I’ll check out the FlexEffect nose exercises, too, and see whether it is worthwhile to incorporate them as well. Smile

In the end though, these exercises can only do so much for the nose, so if one has a particularly difficult nose, it would be wiser to invest in rhinoplasty, or that non-surgical "nose job" filler.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
LOL that looks like a FlexEffect exercise called Nose Flare.

Actually FlexEffect has two exercises, one called Bridge of Nose and one called Nose Pull I think, which slims the nose for sure. Carole Maggio has one called Nose Shortener which supposidly shorteners the nose. I've done it a couple of times but never long enough to really test it.

How do you do Bridge of Nose, Nose Pull, and Nose Shortener?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Bridge of Nose and Nose Pull are FlexEffect exercises, and Nose Shortener is from Facercise. You may be able to find them in your library if you want to read those books, but I don't think I can type the instructions for them on a forum (breach of copyright or something).
3rd.oculus wrote:
How do you do Bridge of Nose, Nose Pull, and Nose Shortener?
appearance-addict
5% products discount

Mon May 30, 2011 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Foxglove wrote:
I started doing Carole Maggio’s Nose Shortener exercise almost a month ago, and I have received great results from it. My nose was long, I had a small bump, and it gave me a slight “parrot beak” appearance when I smiled, especially from the profile (doesn’t help that I have a small chin to boot). I found her book online, found the exercise, and started doing it, usually when I was on the computer. I admit I was not really consistent, but fortunately, that did not matter because after about a week, I started noticing a difference in my nose. It was subtle, but I noticed it anyway. When I saw that it was working, I took a belated “before photo”, and will take an “after” picture next month, just to compare the difference visually. What the exercise did was to shorten my nose, and minimize the appearance of the bump by lifting the tip of the nose (hence, giving a more linear line for the profile). Also, the tip of my nose has narrowed very slightly; it really is like an understated nose job.

I got this Carole Maggio book out of the library. I have to admit the nose shortener works for me out of all those other nose exercises, especially the clothespin. I have a broad nose but not too broad. I've been doing the nose shortener exercise since late April, and I notice when I pinch the tip of my nose now it felt like I can feel the bone unlike before. When I first did the nose shortener, it made my nose look really wider. So I have to wait for the next 3 months to see the real results. I do the exercise where you pinch and flare your nose and that helps with the nose shortener.
Edelweiss

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone seen any nose exercises other than those in Carole Maggio and Deborah Crawley?

5% products discount

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="TheresaMary"]The other thing I use is a thing called Nose Huggies.

http://www.nosehuggies.com/

There's a thread on EDS somewhere that I started, and I swear this device has definitely changed my nose for the better!

Theresa
[quote="Floyd"]
After Your nose it was to the shape You wanted (after using the nose huggies), do You still need to use it ? Because I read on the site the next:" After about 2 weeks you will start to see your nose will appear noticeably smaller and thinner, and straighter on the bridge. Do not stop using the Nose Huggie right after seeing results, we suggest you keep using it for a couple of more days so that your nose can retains its new shape. We recommend wearing the Nose Huggie for another full week after seeing the results so your nose can fully adapt to its new shape."
appearance-addict
5% products discount

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Floyd wrote:
This exercise is terrible. Don't do it.
It made my nose wider resulting in bigger and flared nostrils.
What a disaster!

The first time I did that nose shortener exercise, it made my nose look wide and flat. I did that exercise many times, and it didn't look flat after exercising. I did that exercise since late April this year. I'm looking forward to the real results in 3 months time. Smile
appearance-addict
5% products discount

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:15 am      Reply with quote
Edelweiss wrote:
Has anyone seen any nose exercises other than those in Carole Maggio and Deborah Crawley?

Nose Shaper which is Juliette Kando's exercise, shes the author of "Natural Facelift".

Juliette Kando, author of the book "Natural Facelift," says that, as the upper part of the nose is made of solid bone and the center part is made from cartilage, these sections of the nose cannot be improved by exercising. However, according to Kando, the nostrils are made of very strong muscle, and that by exercising the nostrils it is possible to change the general shape of the nose. Kando recommends placing your index fingers down either side of your nose, and flaring your nostrils by making a small movement using the muscles above your upper lip. Create resistance by keeping your fingers in place against the movement of the nostrils. Repeat this exercise as often as possible until your nose takes on a more symmetrical shape.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Floyd wrote:
After Your nose it was to the shape You wanted (after using the nose huggies), do You still need to use it ? Because I read on the site the next:" After about 2 weeks you will start to see your nose will appear noticeably smaller and thinner, and straighter on the bridge. Do not stop using the Nose Huggie right after seeing results, we suggest you keep using it for a couple of more days so that your nose can retains its new shape. We recommend wearing the Nose Huggie for another full week after seeing the results so your nose can fully adapt to its new shape."
Don't spend lots of $s on Nose Huggies! You can get them for a dollar, there's identical ones on ebay, regardless of what other vendors say.

I read the original Nose Huggies thread on EDS and I'd wear it whenever I was sat at the computer (it'd ache after 15 minutes but I'd take it on and off, and wear it longer than the recommended time).

For me, it was pretty useless. My nose was bent, had a bony, bumpy bridge, and bulbous tip. Rhinoplasty was my only option.

One thing it IS recommended for (see makemeheal forums) is post-op, to help shape the tip and lessen swelling. I started wearing mine a few weeks after my nose surgery and it really helped refine my "new" nose.

Apart from that, my experience was that it's no good.

http://www.makemeheal.com/answers/viewQuestion.do?qid=905 The surgeons replying on there are sceptical that it works, even post-op, but I'm convinced it helped refine/heal my nose more quickly in recovery. I'm nearly 8 months' post-rhinoplasty now.

"..reportedly shrinks cartilage and nasal humps, this is medically impossible. Wearing an external device for 15 minutes or 15 hours a day will not reshape the nose cartilages and defintely not reduce a hump, which is 50% bone. The website has "doctors" testimony. There are no qualifications listed for these doctors, what their specialty is or if they even exist."

http://www.realself.com/question/nose-huggie-change-nose-shape-permanent

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
appearance-addict
5% products discount

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:21 am      Reply with quote
Everyones heard of-
Nose Right
Nose Huggies
Nose Secrets

Has anyone heard of nose magic? I just found out about it tonight when I was searching google.

I was having a look at the latest news on the Nose Magic site and they claim that "Nose Huggies is one of the fake imitation of the original Nose Magic" but wasn't it originally claimed a fake imitation of Nose Right?

They claim that the so-called doctor for nose huggies is not a doctor, but an actor who is hired to look like a doctor.
vero
5% products discount

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Are They good for a long nose, not for a wide nose ?
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if you could get the same effect as the Huggies by using swimming nose clips?
Just a thought...
appearance-addict
5% products discount

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
I wonder if you could get the same effect as the Huggies by using swimming nose clips?
Just a thought...

I'm thinking the same thing as well! Theres a pink nose clip, called "nose up", that looks just like a swimming clip.

According to Nose Magic, a clothespin has pressure of 200mmHG. A pressure of 200mmHg or more, is bad for your nose, making it larger than smaller.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Well its probably the nose lift one, it may have been called nose pull on the forum, because thats the kind of motion you make (i.e. your pulling on the nose whilst wrinkling it) to fill in the area beside the nose. I've heard it said many times by Claudia that she and Deb used to have the same nose, but that Deb changed it by massage, but just like Maggio there's never any real proof behind these statements (Maggio has an exercise called Nose Shortener but if its so effective why is there no evidence that it can shorten the nose). Suppose its just one of my gripes!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |