Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Exercises to slim and lift my nose
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
appearance-addict
5% products discount

Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed that, there is not much evidence if Carole's exercise works. It would be nice if she displayed before and after photos in her book, to show us these exercises do work. Someone who posted Nose Shortener exercises on Yahoo Answers, said it changes after four months after doing it. If this doesn't work, I'll try the Jiahe which is heaps cheaper then the other nose clips.

TheresaMary wrote:
I've heard it said many times by Claudia that she and Deb used to have the same nose, but that Deb changed it by massage, but just like Maggio there's never any real proof behind these statements (Maggio has an exercise called Nose Shortener but if its so effective why is there no evidence that it can shorten the nose). Suppose its just one of my gripes!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you. I was racking my brain trying to remember the Nose Pull exercise. I thought maybe was a very old one and not in the newer editions.

Nose lift and the nose shortener by Carole Maggio are both good facial exercises I'd say. I do them both a few times a week. The nose grows (bleh) and changes as we age and I look at these exercises as a way to keep the contours of the nose in check.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Sorry my bad, but with those exercises, how can you be sure they're actually stopping your nose from changing. If it was so easy and simple as just doing an exercise, then why is there no photographic proof of a nose shortening etc.
sister sweets wrote:
Thank you. I was racking my brain trying to remember the Nose Pull exercise. I thought maybe was a very old one and not in the newer editions.

Nose lift and the nose shortener by Carole Maggio are both good facial exercises I'd say. I do them both a few times a week. The nose grows (bleh) and changes as we age and I look at these exercises as a way to keep the contours of the nose in check.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Question I said to keep the contours in check - the nose continues to grow throughout life. I guess the best evaluation would be to watch someone like Carole and observe her nose over decades of time since she's done the exercising that long to ascertain that limited growth or changes have occurred. Plus I'd say one would know if their nose contours have changed. Not much different than observing the results of facial exercise.

5% products discount

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Don't think Carole's nose, has changed much when doing the nose shortener.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:12 am      Reply with quote
But I can't see anything that says to me that Carole's nose has gone through anything untoward that wouldn't happen if she didn't exercise her face. If that was the case, where is the photos as proof? thats what I think it really boils down to, if something like Nose Shortener worked - why not get proper validation or evidence to show it.

I've heard it said that the nose and ears continue to grow through life many times before, but the thing is when you have an exercise that claims to be able to stop that from happening, I don't think its unreasonable to see photographic proof of a nose being shortened or changed. Looking at the Facercise befores and afters there is no change present with their noses at all (the 7 days one) and I would much prefer to see some photos of say Carole throughout her facercise journey that are not fully made up or posed!

sister sweets wrote:
Question I said to keep the contours in check - the nose continues to grow throughout life. I guess the best evaluation would be to watch someone like Carole and observe her nose over decades of time since she's done the exercising that long to ascertain that limited growth or changes have occurred. Plus I'd say one would know if their nose contours have changed. Not much different than observing the results of facial exercise.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:14 am      Reply with quote
I suppose that could be an argument in favour of the exercises, that her nose hasn't changed, but I'm not so sure you can say for certain that it doesn't. After all facial exercises don't stop us from aging do they.
appearance-addict wrote:
Don't think Carole's nose, has changed much when doing the nose shortener.
Allychan
5% products discount

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm hooked. I just spent the last half hour on YouTube watching face exercise. I will take a profile of my snoz and jawline and let you know if I see any difference.
appearance-addict
5% products discount

Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:29 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I suppose that could be an argument in favour of the exercises, that her nose hasn't changed, but I'm not so sure you can say for certain that it doesn't. After all facial exercises don't stop us from aging do they.

I just wonder if the nose shortener is made for wrinkly noses, rather then bulbous noses?

My nose seems to look big now and then, mainly depending on the position of my lips I noticed.

I'll post photos after August, for you lot to judge if my nose has changed. I've been doing it since late April. I don't think its changed dramatically, as close as a grecian nose. I have photos of my horrible broad nose, on my cellphone!
appearance-addict
5% products discount

Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Allychan wrote:
I'm hooked. I just spent the last half hour on YouTube watching face exercise. I will take a profile of my snoz and jawline and let you know if I see any difference.

Good on ya! I want to show people the truth about the nose shortener, if it works or not. I do think people deserve to see the real results, so they won't waste time doing these exercises, if it doesn't work. I will show the results 2 months later.
Allychan
5% products discount

Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:52 am      Reply with quote
appearance-addict wrote:
Allychan wrote:

Good on ya! I want to show people the truth about the nose shortener, if it works or not. I do think people deserve to see the real results, so they won't waste time doing these exercises, if it doesn't work. I will show the results 2 months later.

I took my photos and started facercising today. My results should be obvious because my photos show I have a crooked nose Shock !! Just makes me want to work it even harder.
I also added this yoga face video link because it is hilarious, but worth trying http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WOI1Ce5L4A&feature=related
appearance-addict
5% products discount

Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Allychan wrote:
I took my photos and started facercising today. My results should be obvious because my photos show I have a crooked nose Shock !! Just makes me want to work it even harder.

Do you believe in cell communication?
If you do the nose shortener, try and communicate with the cells, by imagining the cells moving to scuplt your new nose, when you do the nose shortener. You could try to picture what your new nose is going to look like when you do that exercise.
Allychan
5% products discount

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:07 am      Reply with quote
appearance-addict wrote:
Allychan wrote:

Do you believe in cell communication?
If you do the nose shortener, try and communicate with the cells, by imagining the cells moving to scuplt your new nose, when you do the nose shortener. You could try to picture what your new nose is going to look like when you do that exercise.

Sounds like muscle isolation like when you lift weights. You're supposed to think about the muscle you are working and imagine it flexing and lengthening etc it helps send signals from the brain to the specific muscle. So yes I will be visualising
appearance-addict
5% products discount

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
This is my 4th month and I can't really see much of a difference to be honest.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
There are two muscles located over the top of the nose that stem out from the sides of it.

I use the Face Master on these muscles to help pick the nose up and slim the sides of it (see a facial muscle diagram for the exact positions).

There are ways to exercise the muscles over the top, it's just very hard to do with manual exercises because of where the muscles on the nose are located.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
paulspnao
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Facial workout exercises do not require any special equipment. The best time to start doing facial exercise is before the facial muscles begin to weaken and lose their tone and firmness.
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I've been doing the nose shortener for a while and I think it works. My nose is a lot less bulbous than it was when I was a teenager; it's more of a button nose now.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Make sure you take photos as often its difficult to see changes in real life but on photos they're obvious!
mur wrote:
I've been doing the nose shortener for a while and I think it works. My nose is a lot less bulbous than it was when I was a teenager; it's more of a button nose now.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |