Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How do I get vaseline out of my hair?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I had a microlaser peel done last week and had to keep my face slathered in vaseline. My hairline is a grease slick even after shampooing 4 times today. Any ideas?
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I just googled "removing vaseline from the hair" and got tons of results. A common was to put corn starch through your hair, then wash the hair with a clarifying shampoo. Good Luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I will give the cornstarch a try and google too just in case. Thanks for your help I never thought to google duh lol.
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:37 am      Reply with quote
SherriinCanada how did you get on? not a oil slick anymore i hope!

Kiwigirl.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kiwi,

After putting cornstarch in and washing a couple times my hair is much better but still greasy. I also mixed baking soda with my shampoo this morning and washed twice. I am not returning to work until wednesday so tomorrow will try the same routine again and hope it does the trick.

Thanks
Sherri
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
What about something like Dawn dishwashing liquid? I figure if it can cut grease off of pans, surely it can get what's left in your hair out as well. Very Happy
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
AussieMega shampoo use to get a vasaline product out of my hair in one washing. After my massage my hair was covered in this product. It was the only shampoo that would and I even tried tide laundry detergent...yikes ....and it didnt work. Oh i forgot to say you can buy this product at walgreens here, so just a drug store and its very inexpensive.
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
When I had a TCA peel I had to keep vaseline on my face for 2 weeks. I feel your pain with it in your hair.
I used George Michaels (Madora) Blue Shampoo. I also wore my hair in a bun at all times to keep it away from my face. There is nothing worse that that stray piece of clean hair that tries to brush your face and ends up stuck across your cheek and has to be pulled away with vaseline still attached. Good luck and just focus on how good you will look when it is all over.
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Sherrin, try Neutrogena's clarifying shampoo. I don't know if that will work, but its worth it just to have a bottle around. Removes build up of hair products REALLY WELL.
shiprock24

Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I just used witch hazel to get vaseline out of my hair (after trying dishwashing liquid and shampoo over and over) and it worked quite well. It's not completely out, but it did a good enough job that I can go to work without looking horrible. Smile
nursesherme

Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I used Vaseline after lice treatments did not work... Ok the vaseline worked. Getting it out of my hair was another story. I did not have baby oil, and was not about to venture to the nearest drug store looking the way I looked. ( I used a lot of vaseline) So after pouring Powder in my hair, and washing with Dawn. ( dont know how that worked alone on the little ducks) I jumped in the tub with Olive oil, and Soilove laundery soil-stain remover (green bottle.)
I could feel that the olive oil loosened the vaseline, then washed with Dawn... still felt greasy two washes with soilove, and my hair felt clean.. Then washed with regular shampoo/conditioner.
It does state to keep away from eyes and prolonged contact with skin.. Do not suggest for small children.. did burn scalp in a few places but I think that was from my scratching.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |