Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

www.ewg.org...scary!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever explored this website? There is a link to a webisite where you can get the ingredents that are in your products and see how harmful (or not) they are! On here is says my dermalogica eyecream causes cancer!!! Has anyone heard about this website...good or bad? Here is the link http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep2/index.php

I got it from an Arbonne sales lady...went to a party last week...curious if it is on the up and up...ordered too much stuff...I'll review it when it comes.

Just curious on the website...and thought I would share.
sernx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think your eyecream contains enough harmful ingredients to cause cancer
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE my eyecream and have used it for years! This website is scaring the crap out of me....I'm just curious if it is true.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi Olivia,

Stop being scared ... because there are a great number of things we use or ingest that, in large enough quantities can cause death.

Let's take, for example, digitalis. This is a drug used for heart problems. It's been used for decades to save the lives of its users. Digitalis is a derivative of "deadly nightshade" ... and in large enough quantities the same medication that saves lives can, in fact, kill you.

Another member of the "nightshade" family is the lowly potato ... and raw potatoes are known to be very toxic.

Another heart drug, nitro glycerin ... well ... we all know that in large enough quantities, nitro glycerin is a powerful explosive.

Radiation is used to kill cancer cells ... and it's also highly poisonous.

People who have blood clotting problems take a drug which is, in fact, rat poison or "warfarin". In large enough quantities, warfarin thins the blood so that the victim bleeds to death. However, in someone whose blood clots more than it should, that same deadly poison keeps them alive.

Some people use amonia to clean their kitchens and bathrooms. Amonia gas is deadly. Amonia is also a component of urine.

There are all sorts of things that in large enough quantities are toxic ...

I would say that the amount of any one ingredient in an eye cream is probably not going to cause you a problem. However, if you are concerned about it, don't use it. If your family has a history of a susceptability to certain cancers, then it might be a good idea to avoid it ... but I'd be very surprised if the eye cream alone would be enough to actually trigger a cancer.

I think that the point of the website is to warn people of the potential of some of the ingredients.

Just remember that Botox is "Botulism" ... and yet now it's being used not just for wrinkles but for the treatment of migraine and back pain.

Mary

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |