Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Perfume w/o floral tones
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm searching for fragrances that don't have floral tones. I like spicy fragrances. I even had a perfume once that smelled like chocolate but darn if I can remember what it was... Red bottle... sexy name... still drawing a blank.

I'm wearing CK's Euphoria right now and it's "ok," but I don't find it to be very long-lasting.

Saleslady also gave me a sample of Coco Chanel... it's just "ok" also.

Suggestions?

(Trying to narrow the list before I hit the department store again so I don't leave with a migraine like I did the last time smelling too many fragrances all at once... Rolling Eyes )

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
These are the not-so-floral scents I like:

Dior Addict - indulges the senses with sumptuous silk tree flower, voluptuous night queen flower, and luscious bourbon vanilla combined with sandalwood and tonka bean to evoke a feeling of passion in the woman who wears it. Sensual. Soft. Feminine.
Notes:Silk Tree Flower, Mandarin Leaf, Orange Blossom, Night Queen Flower, Bulgarian Rose, Bourbon Vanilla Absolute, Mysore Sandalwood, Tonka Bean.

Giorgio Armani Mania - seduces and unleashes a woman's inner being with this radiant floral fragrance. Sparkling fresh laurel, mandarine, and pink spice is combined with feminine notes of lily of the valley, peony, and contemporary cedar, amber, and musk to create a fragrance that is designed to seduce with simplicity and style.
Notes:
Laurel, Mandarine, Pink Spice, Lily of the Valley, Peony, Cedar, Amber, Musk.

Gucci Rush - Introduced in 1999, Gucci Rush is a fantasy to be reached through an intoxicating, addictive combination of florals and spices. A sensual burst unlike any other.
Notes:
Gardenia, Freesia, Jasmine, Vanilla, Patchouli.

I always get really dizzy after perfume shopping Mad
I hope this can help you limit the number of "sniffs" you will need to go through Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I have the same kind of problem as you - floral scents do very little for me and I much prefer spicier fragrances.

Here are some that I love which you might like to try out:
Casmir by Chopard
Comptoir Sud Pacifique do some gorgeous vanilla scents, including a chocolatey one
Ambra by Etro

Maybe some fruity fragrances will also suit you:
Mure et Musc by L'Artisan Parfumeur
Wild Fig and Cassis by Jo Malone
Oyedo by Diptyque
Philosykos by Diptyque

I think Angel by Thierry Mugler is a famous chocolatey perfume, too, although I don't like the way it smells on me personally.
Mabsy

Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Philosykos is one of my favorites but it's not spicy on me at all (I'd say it's "green") - I also love many of the CDG fragrances - yum!

LandB - off the top of my head, try some of these (warning, most of these are very spicy):

YSL Nu
YSL Opium
Dior Addict
Fendi Theorema (love this!)
L'Artisan Timbuktu
Diptyque TamDao (love it!)
i Profumi di Firenze - Ambra del Nepal

I also really like Trouble by Boucheron, not sure if you will though...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hypnotic Poison by Dior! I just remembered what I used to wear! It just came to me when reading all of your suggestions!

But now I have to sniff all of the other options... thanks to all.

P.S. Here's a description of Hypnotic Poison for my fellow non-florals out there:

"This enticing scent is one you must possess. Your seductive aroma will have your lover hypnotized. It is the result of the following top fragrance Notes: almond, caraway and jasmine. The middle notes are: moss, sandalwood and oakmoss and the base of the fragrance is: vanilla, musk and cedar."

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Aw, Mabsy, I really, really wanted to love TamDao, but it just did nothing for me. I was so disappointed as the combinations of scents in it sounds fantastic. Sad

LandB - Have fun and remember to let us know what you finally end up buying. I love to get new recs on spicy perfumes.
andrevi
5% products discount

Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Take a look at : http://www.osmoz.com/encyclo/familles.asp

This is an excellent site which provides info on all the olfactory groups and has a comprehensive perfume finder which you can gear to your prefered smell.
I first used this site when looking for fragrances with a strong Vetiver note, and have since managed to find one very much to my liking. www.florislondon.com also has detailed lists of the essences used in ther formulations, so you can get an idea whether or not you may like the smell based on its recipe.
Good luck!
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that awesome link, andrevi Very Happy I've bookmarked it for future reference.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:01 am      Reply with quote
That is handy, thanks! Very Happy
Mabsy

Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:51 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Aw, Mabsy, I really, really wanted to love TamDao, but it just did nothing for me. I was so disappointed as the combinations of scents in it sounds fantastic. Sad

Sad Sad Sorry to hear that, it's lovely on me. It's not an "all occasion" fragrance as it is quite strong/spicy but to tone it down I mix it with iPDF Ambra del Nepal and it always gets comments at work Smile

Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:52 am      Reply with quote
Btw, basenotes.net is another very good site (with forum attached - also a good one) to look up perfumes, their notes and reviews Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am heading to Vegas in January and going to hit Sephora for my favorite fragrance...Fracas by Robert Piquet. Definetely not a smell for everyone (not sure if it is floral or not) bt I love it
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using essential oils instead of perfume lately, and they've been working wonderfully. Might want to give it a shot if you're having trouble finding a scent that you like. It's cheaper, too!
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:11 am      Reply with quote
LandB: You may already know this but on Sephora.com they break their fragrances down into categories for example your Hypnotic Poison is a 'Woody Oriental'-which is what all my fav scents seem to fall into also for some reason. But anyway you can go to Hypnotic Poison or any scent that is a woody oriental make a selection and it will show you every woody oriental perfume that they have. When you click on them individually it will tell you what the notes of the perfume are and some idea as to its particular style. It should definitely narrow down some choices and give you a good idea of some you might like to try.
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:43 am      Reply with quote
marella wrote:
LandB: You may already know this but on Sephora.com they break their fragrances down into categories

I didn't realize this about Sephora! Thanks for the tip!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |