Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

La Prairie
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
product_junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I was in a foolish mood years ago and came across a rare deal on some La Prairie stock from a salon that sold the line but was closing. The four I bought, at what I thought was a give-away price, did little to impress me. None of this was terrible, and the ingredient list (if you're into ingredients) are A-list, but I really saw not difference over these to standard, cosmetic counter stuff.

Cellular Refining Lotion
Is an OK toner, if you like to do this. I usually don't, and did not see any improvement from using it. Stung slightly.
Cellular Retinol Complex PM
Did absolutely nothing. I have nothing more to say.
Cellular Lipo-Sculpting Systeme Face Serum
Is supposed to help slim down a chubby face. OK............ Pray It is very light and silky,and defintely felt like a high quality product on my skin, and would be fine if you are dehydrated and like an extra serum under your moisturizer. But it did nothing except moisturize, period. Again, the ingredient list was long and impressive.
Age Management Rexturizing Booster
Is the only product worth considering. It is their AHA/BHA lotion that has more of a gel texture, so it works for oily skin- hard to find with this type of product. This definitely works, leaving the skin ultra smooth and soft after using. I noticed with this one, it continued to work until I finished the product- it did not "stop working" after a while like other AHA/BHA's I've tried.
But it spite of the package boasting it is the only AHA on the market that is aloe based, this stuff stings quite badly and not recommended for sensitive skin. It has a potent, alcohol smell to it, though it did not dry me out.

I'm glad I tried it; but the packaging was more memorable than the products. Not talking

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
One more word about packaging.......
both La Prairie and Orlane use the same cobalt blue and chrome finish in their packaging-they are, at times, indistinguishable (I have no idea who copied who) but there is no question I am a sucker for it and gets me every time.

I kept my La Prairie products in my gym bag, and, after getting knocked about a bit, I discovered the elegant chrome container was not chrome at all but chrome finished plastic.

The chrome peeled off.............

Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:11 am      Reply with quote
product_junkie wrote:
I kept my La Prairie products in my gym bag, and, after getting knocked about a bit, I discovered the elegant chrome container was not chrome at all but chrome finished plastic.

The chrome peeled off.............

Laughing I was *very* surprised to find the same thing on a La Prairie hydrating lotion I tried a few years back. Mine didn't even get knocked around at all!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, the chrome peeled off.... And this is not the biggest problem that this line has Sad It didn't make any difference for my skin. After two weeks I had allergic reaction to this product Crying or Very sad
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
I spent a bomb on the Cycle Ampoules few years back, near to US$300. The beauty consultant insisted that i will see instant result after using. But all i got after using was a face full of painful acnes. Sad
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skinlover,
I used one sample of Cycle Ampoules and I also had pimples after it Crying or Very sad
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
so few reviews about this brand.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I used the line and did not find it very impressive. Like their foundation though.

In terms of skin care Age Management Retexturizing Booster was the only thing I found to be effective, but it was not worth the money. I use IS Clinical or I feel Pretty AHA/BHA combo, or Exfol with Mandelic Acid with better results.

HTH,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I used one of their eyecreams, cleanser and toner. COMPLETE waste of money. It did nothing for me Mad
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
In the LP line I have used the,
firming lotion
retinol serum
retexturizing booster (used 2 separate times)
blemish control
balancing mask
time release moisturizer
exfoliator
cleanser
eye repair
rose line filler
foundation (used up 3 jars)
All lovely products did NOTHING for me.
The foundation was nice but for $100 less I like Chanel's Pro Lumiere better.
I tried all these product as I approached 50 yrs old and honestly I wasted my money.
There are so many lines out there for so much less money that will do the same!
maliktai
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your comments. I used the Retexturizing Booster with great results. It really made a difference in the texture, clarity and overall smoothness and eveness of my skin. I did think the price was a bit much so I began experimenting with other aha's. I am now using Murad's Night Reform which I like fairly well. I also use La Prairie's Essential Exfoliator and am not particularly crazy about but figure I will use it up before moving on. Fortunately, I got that product in a swap.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Your information is helpful to me. Smile
Is there any comparison between La Prarie and valmont,because they are both belong to Swiss brand. Question
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
i heard my friend from HK, she said her friends said LP caviare eyecream is very good!
but i did not use before!
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE their powder foundation,it never changes color on me and is a perfect match. I have used the skin care and was not impressed. Every one of their eye creams made my eyes swell.
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
i have used some LP products, but i think valmont and cellcosmet are much better than LP.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing. Since they are high price end, I thought perhaps some of the products will do wonderful.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
queenmary wrote:
i have used some LP products, but i think valmont and cellcosmet are much better than LP.

really? have you use valmont cellcosmet?
i hesitate to choose valmont or lp or cellcosmet.
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
A ha! great products and also great price!
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Have heard Valmont is very good, but it's expensive.
lilyai
5% products discount

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing!
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:51 am      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:
queenmary wrote:

Same to me,I decide to start Valmont,so I hope EDS can provide discount or promotion set during Mather's day! Drool
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:58 am      Reply with quote
After reading all the above reviews, I've lost interest in this brand, although I did hear some good response on their eye cream.
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:
queenmary wrote:

i use valmont and cellcosmet now.
valmomt:
Water Falls, good *****
EXPRESS WHITE LOTION, *****
Bio-Cellular, Regenera I, ****, these two together is not as good as cellcosmet preventive cream.
24 Hour Cream, **, no use, only oil
Renewing Pack ****** best, i like it very much
eye Contour, ***, just so so, i think it's beyyer to younger
Cyto complex e, Cyto complex ej, ***, i don't think these two is better than Regenera I, but the price is much more than Regenera I.
L'Elixir Des Glaciers Vos Yeux, ***, in fact, it has no inflect on me.

and cellcosmet:
Purifying Gel, ***
Active Tonic Lotion, ***
Exfoliate Dual Action, *****, very good, very tiny
Activator Gel,****
Elasto-Collagen Lighting, *****
Ultra Vital. ******, excellent
Preventive Cream, this one i use cabin size, better than Regenera I
Eye Contour Cream, *****
Eye Contour Gel-XT Phyto-Gel, ***** , it's more like LP Essence of Skin Caviar Eye Complex, but it's better than LP one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:00 am      Reply with quote
I also think Valmont, Juvena and Cellcosmet are better than LP.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Same to me,I decide to start Valmont,so I hope EDS can provide discount or promotion set during Mather's day! Drool[/quote]

but i know last years valmont did not involve the promotions. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |