Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: PTR Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

Anyone tried this? I was told that this smell abit like detergent....so can't decide if i should get this or the Yonka Gommage. Also will the PRT buffing beads be too gentle to remove blackheads. i mean it contains jojoba beads which i feel might be too gentle and can't really exfoliate the skin. Any reviews on this. I really can't decide. I have tried the Dermalogica Daily Exfoliant, but feel that it is too drying for me.

Wish someone here can give me a tinkle.

tia Smile
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have the PTR Buffing Beads and I love them. I don't feel myself that it has a detergenty (is that a word? Very Happy) smell. It does a really nice job of getting that yucky, flaky skin and clogged stuff off. But...I do still have blackheads. Not too bad, but they are still there. I don't think you can get rid of them completely with a scrub. I think a facial with extractions is the best route to go to get them out completely.

Hope that helps you out! I know there are others out there who have tried it and loved it.
Lots of others also rave about the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. Maybe try and snag some samples of both and see what you prefer! Good luck! Smile
Mabsy

Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
PTR Buffing Beads is a great product! I alternate between this and the Dermalogica Microfoliant; my two favourite exfoliating products.

PTR Buffing Beads does a really good job of exfoliating but is not harsh like other scrubs can be. I agree with Seaera, I don't think any scrub can actually GET RID of blackheads but they help to control them.

Here's some past reviews of the Buffing Beads that should help you decide if you want to try it or not:

http://69.36.165.116/forum/viewthread.php?tid=819

http://69.36.165.116/forum/viewthread.php?tid=609

Sable
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi there

Be sure to check out the threads Mabsy has so helpfully posted up! Wink I love this product, it helps keep the blackheads at bay and doesn't irritate, even with daily-use. Remember, just because it doesn't irritate/isn't very strong, doesn't mean it's any less effective Wink
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Seaera, Mabsy & Sable,

Thanks for your very informative feedbacks, this will be on my next "must-get" item. :P

dchickb
5% products discount

Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skinlover

Can't give you any info on the PTR, however, got samples of Yonka Gommage Gel after a facial last week. Less of the hard work obviously - just lather on the gel, leave for 5 mins, and rub off with fingertips - Easy peasy!! My own routine has become so complicated - and I'm not even sure that it's doing any real good, that it's nice to find a "simple" product. Yonka has a very good reputation in Europe in general. It doesn't seem to have become so technical, more botanically-orientated! I'd say to ask for samples first, try, then buy!!
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Botanical Buffing Beads are fantastic!!!!!!!!! I love this product. I tried Dermalogica Microexfoliant and it too was afr too drying and actuallr burned my skin a bit. But PTR products are for me, #!. I have the complete line and my routine concists primarily of their products!

The buffing bead are sooo genlt yet effective. and the smell? Well, I actually like it. have you aver smelled pure jojoba oil? Give it a try and you will not be ddisappointed! You will have to stop yourself from grabbing this product EVERY time you wash your face! Let me knwo what you think!

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I think this is a fantastic product.

However, PTR aren't fantastic for samples though - if you're in the UK or Europe, PM me and I'll send you a decant in a small pot (no charge of course, hence I'm not offering posting to the US or elsewhere).

Any fans of this product who have not noticed yet - EDS has a special 'holiday' (?) set of smaller versions with bright colours and tropical smells...! Don't do what I did though which is to order some thinking you'll have one and give others to people for Xmas, on the bottles it says not to be sold individually or something similar. Now not sure what to do with them all! (as we all know this product lasts for ages), guess might Ebay them individually to get them into a loving home!
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Daisy . . .
Come on . . .no sweat! Just use those beads yourself and get to buffing! Smile
You have more class than me because I would buy some little stocking and out each one in its own stocking and attach that to the top of a few gifts as bonuses or keep on hand for that someone who popps up all the time. I would love it if someone gave me those beads for chirstmas so if I were you, I would recognize a gift hit, and use it!

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
justinapan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:11 am      Reply with quote
PTR's breed is really good product.I use it and love it.
Andrea01
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I think I posted in a similar topic...my GF loves all his buffering beads...the anti againg and the acne.
Next on my list to try Smile
violet978
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I can't say I loved this product. The buffing beads were a very weak exfoliant, and I suppose I prefer something stronger.

I know this gets excellent reviews, I purchased it based on that, and I must say it was a disappointment.

Any PTR product I've tried hasn't lived up to the hype.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I find that I breakout after using the original version. I haven't tried any of the others because of this.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
yes. the smell is not that appealing. but it works. my bf loved it.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |