Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I'm sticking with handcrafted stuff!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Guess what, ladies...I went for a facial for the first time in two months yesterday and the therapist said that she'd never seen my skin look and feel so good! Her exact words were: clear pores (indeed, there was hardly any extraction necessary), even tone and smooth to touch. Shock Wouldn't one be pleasantly surprised to hear these said about her skin!

And all I'd been using for the past month was mostly stuff in my own 'line'! Cool

I do sometimes use Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant and Special Cleansing Gel on lazy mornings but I always cleanse with OCM, wipe it off with a warm wet washcloth (baby face towels - they are cheap and I have like ten or so of them so I can use a clean one each time I cleanse my face) followed by the ACV toner and vit C serum, then either Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream or rosehip oil or Eve Taylor Face Oil no 3 or plain ol' EVOO (all these oils but amazingly my skin has become less oily) and in the AM layered over with sunscreen.

I cannot believe the amount of money I've spent on skincare products to still have oily, congested skin and that it had to be my own inexpensive concoctions (thanks to all you lovely people especially Carekate who sent me the PG and Vit C crystals) that would finally make a noticeable difference.

I wish I'd discovered this sooner...

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:51 am      Reply with quote
I agree when I am not being lazy and make up my own my skin just glows with health.
I love the homemade Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream, Witch Hazel or ACV toner, Jojoba Oil and Lavender Essential Oil as a treatment.
I think the more simple you keep it the better your skin.
Thankyou too Carekate Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks pumpingmummy for posting this!

I use home crafted stuff because I like knowing exactly what's in the products ... and I really don't see the need to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars for something that costs pennies to make. I also feel that my skin is the better for it ... partially because there aren't all those extra additives and chemicals ... and partly because of the simplicity of the home crafted products.

While I have had friends comment on how nice my skin is looking ... and even my hair stylist commented on it ... I haven't had a skin professional assess my skin's condition. [Of course, at the moment I'm suffering from a DHCC "adjustment period" ... so no one would be saying nice things about my skin at the moment. Laughing ]

It's nice to read some validation for simple products and their effect on skin.

I'm so happy for you that the home crafted things are working well for you! Very Happy And equally impressed that your skin therapist is honest enough to remark on the improvement in your skin.

Did you tell the therapist that you were using home crafted preparations? If so ... what was her reaction?

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:
Thanks pumpingmummy for posting this!

I use home crafted stuff because I like knowing exactly what's in the products ... and I really don't see the need to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars for something that costs pennies to make. I also feel that my skin is the better for it ... partially because there aren't all those extra additives and chemicals ... and partly because of the simplicity of the home crafted products.

While I have had friends comment on how nice my skin is looking ... and even my hair stylist commented on it ... I haven't had a skin professional assess my skin's condition. [Of course, at the moment I'm suffering from a DHCC "adjustment period" ... so no one would be saying nice things about my skin at the moment. Laughing ]

It's nice to read some validation for simple products and their effect on skin.

I'm so happy for you that the home crafted things are working well for you! Very Happy And equally impressed that your skin therapist is honest enough to remark on the improvement in your skin.

Did you tell the therapist that you were using home crafted preparations? If so ... what was her reaction?

Mary

No, I was so dumbstruck I couldn't say anything until she said something like "I'll bet you've been a good girl and diligently use our (Dermalogica) masks," that I replied with "yes, that's right I've been using a (aspirin!) mask everyday". She still hasn't a clue that it was aspirin mask I was referring to! Laughing

As I drove home from the salon I was till in (pleasant) shock. So no, I didn't tell her and now I wonder if I should have, and what would've been her reaction if I did.

Thiscmeant a lot more because she's a beauty professional. I have received a few compliments about my skin from friends and family since using the homemade stuff, but it was taken more like an affirmative that my recipes were done the right way and that they work. But this time it's like - hey these things seriously work! YKWIM? Very Happy

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that's really amazing. It's really encouraging to hear that, perhaps I'll add more handcrafted items to my routine too. God knows I could use the savings! hehe
hayleighs_mom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
U know I've been noticing a drastic improvement in my skin after starting the homemade stuff. I have not had this validated by a professional but I actually feel the difference in my skin when I apply my morning moisturizer. Instead of it feeling bumpy and kinda harsh, it's so smooth!!

Mary, I was using the homemade Dr. H CC for almost 2 weeks now and decided to hold off on it after a seemingly prolonged "adjustment period". I haven't used it in 2 days and my skin looks a lot better!! I think it's b/c of all the oils I added to my first batch. I think I will make a new batch and give it a 2nd try.

Pumpingmummy, you use the aspirin mask daily? What type of skin tone do u have? I find that the aspirin mask dries me out so I use it only once to twice a week.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
hayleighs_mom wrote:
U know I've been noticing a drastic improvement in my skin after starting the homemade stuff. I have not had this validated by a professional but I actually feel the difference in my skin when I apply my morning moisturizer. Instead of it feeling bumpy and kinda harsh, it's so smooth!!

Mary, I was using the homemade Dr. H CC for almost 2 weeks now and decided to hold off on it after a seemingly prolonged "adjustment period". I haven't used it in 2 days and my skin looks a lot better!! I think it's b/c of all the oils I added to my first batch. I think I will make a new batch and give it a 2nd try.

Pumpingmummy, you use the aspirin mask daily? What type of skin tone do u have? I find that the aspirin mask dries me out so I use it only once to twice a week.

My skin used to be bumpy, too! Like my sig line says, my skin is oily but dehydrated. I'm going to have to change that soon because it's become less dehydrated and more normal. I do use the aspirin mask daily - but mixed with yogurt. I find it too drying to use aspirin and aloe vera gel alone (I only use this mixture if I feel a pimple surfacing or if there's no yogurt at home or if I'm lazy - with aloe you can just whip up the aspirin mask in the palm of your hand). How do you make your aspirin mask, hayleighs_mom?

I have used less of my DHCC, perhaps because OCM has done the (cleansing) job quite thoroughly. I now use DHCC once or twice a week only.

HTH! Smile

hayleighs_mom
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

My skin used to be bumpy, too! Like my sig line says, my skin is oily but dehydrated. I'm going to have to change that soon because it's become less dehydrated and more normal. I do use the aspirin mask daily - but mixed with yogurt. I find it too drying to use aspirin and aloe vera gel alone (I only use this mixture if I feel a pimple surfacing or if there's no yogurt at home or if I'm lazy - with aloe you can just whip up the aspirin mask in the palm of your hand). How do you make your aspirin mask, hayleighs_mom?

I have used less of my DHCC, perhaps because OCM has done the (cleansing) job quite thoroughly. I now use DHCC once or twice a week only.

HTH! Smile

I actually use aloe vera gel with my aspirin mask. I need to try the yogurt combo. Do u only put enough yogurt in to melt the aspirin?

U know what is so silly of me? I never knew or realized that OCM was supposed to help u clear your pores. I would massage it in for like 5 minutes and notice little grains coming out. However, it never registered to me that the OCM method was clearing the clogged pores. Embarassed I just thought it was dead skin coming off. After realizing this I focused in on my nose. And ta da...most of the blackheads in my nose came out! Very Happy

I used jojoba as a moisturizer this morning. It worked great. Man, I dunno what I'd do without this forum! Thanks EDS for hosting this.

Anna

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="hayleighs_mom"]
Quote:

I actually use aloe vera gel with my aspirin mask. I need to try the yogurt combo. Do u only put enough yogurt in to melt the aspirin?

Anna

I found that if you melt the asprins with a little bit of lime juice it works great. Then you add in the yogurt. I found yogurt a bit slow at dissoving.

I also just ordered materials to make carekate's version of Decleor Ylang Ylang Oil...so excited about mixing Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
When I use yogurt in my aspirin mask I dissolve the aspirin with tiny drops of water only. I put only enough yogurt so the mixture will spread on my face easily, but not runny.

I find with yogurt when I wash off the mask my skin is smooth and moist, unlike when I only use aloe vera gel.

Anyways for the rcord what I really found made that difference is daily use of OCM. You can use the aspirin mask as and when necessary (but regularly) depending on your skin type, but for me its the OCM that's helped. Because it clears out my pores so well, anything else that I put on after (especially the Vit C serum) gets better absorbed by the skin (and therefore shows better, more noticeable results).

HTH! Smile

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |