Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Excema
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
obsessedshopper
5% products discount

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any new tips?

I've cut out dairy, with a small decrease in symptoms. I use vaseline as a cold-creme for my face. I've stopped using anti-bacterial hand soaps each time I wash and find my hand outbreaks are not that bad.

Has anyone tried homopathic routes lately? What does this mean/include? Allergy shots?

Thanks for any info!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think there is any chance that you have any food allergies that could be causing the eczema? Maybe you need to cut out more that just dairy.
obsessedshopper
5% products discount

Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Not sure about the food allergies . . I have an appointment to re-test my allergies on the 18th, so maybe that will help.

I've also just noticed that the vaseline seems to be giving me millia on my eyelids. . .which is no good, but dry and dark eyes are no good either, right? This stinks. Crying or Very sad
obsessedshopper
5% products discount

Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:17 am      Reply with quote
also, emma jane - when you took the supplements did you notice an increase in flares/symptoms?

Thanks!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just saw an article on tv last night about an Australian lady who developed a product to treat dermatitis and eczema. Her son had suffered terribly from eczema so she developed a soap that cured it. I had not heard of it before but she has been making the product for 6 or 7 years and now makes over 5000 cakes of soap per week and exports to many countries overseas.

Here is the link:
http://www.billiegoatsoap.com.au/

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=579621

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:32 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I just saw an article on tv last night about an Australian lady who developed a product to treat dermatitis and eczema. Her son had suffered terribly from eczema so she developed a soap that cured it. I had not heard of it before but she has been making the product for 6 or 7 years and now makes over 5000 cakes of soap per week and exports to many countries overseas.

Here is the link:
http://www.billiegoatsoap.com.au/

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=579621

I was just about to post this and saw that Bushy has beat me to it.

I saw the programme as well - for all you eczema sufferers, I would really check this out - it sounds extremely effective.
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:33 am      Reply with quote
I get eczema patches on my hands, especially in the winter when it is really dry outside.

A few weeks ago after reading a different post re: avocado oil, I purchased a bottle at the grocery store. Began to use it as an all over body oil after bathing just to see if it would help moisturize my skin (it's a very reasonable price!).

I must say I was surprised to see the patches of eczema drastically reduced. To the point (so far) where it stays away as long as I wear rubber gloves to do dishes etc. Submersing my hands in soapy water daily really aggrivates things.

If you are looking for a natural product that will fit in/complement your usual prescription products or soaps recommended from other users, I really recommend giving avocado oil a try...and it doesn't smell either!
bodiukein
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:01 am      Reply with quote
My husband has eczema all over his back and some really bad patches on his ankles. We have tried almost everything. We were told by a doctor (not a dermatologist) that the sun will clear it up. I have notice that it helps tremendously. But it's either eczema or skin cancer?

I'm going to try the goat soap and hope that helps. My DH showers twice a day! Has anyone used that with good results.?
Dallas_Girl

Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Try dead sea skin care products! Do some research on excema and the Dead Sea and im sure you will get results! I mean if you're up for a vacation try visting the dead sea.....search for some videos on youtube of the dead sea....the best products i have used--and heard of anre products from Sahara's Secrets...you can buy them online...
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:25 am      Reply with quote
The Spectra eczema cream is amazing! I used it for a while, and I haven't had eczema in months. It worked even better than my prescription cream.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Having used everything on the market including prescriptions with virtually no results, I've found something I really like. It's called eczederm rescue by peaceful mountain. I have chronic eczema on my legs, and it's really clearing up. Ingredients: poke, blood root, neem, St John's wort, chaparral, arnica, white willow, comfrey, calendula, olive oil, avacado oil, macadamia nut oil, kukui nut oil, aloe.
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Emu Oil really works well for me. I have a patch on my leg and providing I apply it daily (it absorbs nice and fast) it heals really well.
Personally I would not use anything with cortisone (most prescriptions are)in it!! especially when there are other safer products around
Another one that is good is paw paw ointment Smile
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
bodiukein wrote:
My husband has eczema all over his back and some really bad patches on his ankles. We have tried almost everything. We were told by a doctor (not a dermatologist) that the sun will clear it up. I have notice that it helps tremendously. But it's either eczema or skin cancer?

I'm going to try the goat soap and hope that helps. My DH showers twice a day! Has anyone used that with good results.?

You could try an infra-red sauna or a hand held infra -red product. Infra-red is the goodness of the sun without the dangerous UV. It is very healing and good for you.
Nixon
5% products discount

Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I get eczema all over my hands. It starts a little blisters and once they pop the area gets very dry and starts to crack. I now have very red scarred skin on my hands Crying or Very sad and because of using steroid creams for years my skin is very thin.

Can anyone recommend something that will not irritate my hands, but may help with the scarring?

Thanks
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
My son was born with eczema he is now 19 and we have tried everything including the steroid ointments. He wants to be a chef and so at work he wears the food handler gloves. This made his eczema so much worse his hands were constantly sore and red/flaky/etc.
A few months ago I had him try L'Occitane 100% Shea Butter in the tin. It has done wonders clearing up his skin and you can plainly see the improvement. He loves it and uses it all through the day. I purchased a small tin for him to carry in his knife case for school and work in addition to the larger one at home.
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
What works for me is applying moisturizer right out of the shower when my skin is still damp. This way the moisture gets trapped into my skin. I find this helps a lot. Plus avoid hot baths and showers which only strip the skin of essential oils. Smile
lilmama

Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I've just ordered argan oil and 100% shea from Garden of Wisdom. I plan to combine and use on my eczema. Argan, while expensive, is anti-inflammatory and moisturizing. I've also ordered their eczema balm and serum in sample sizes. Something has got to work because the itching is driving me crazy. Will report results.
JennyJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Did you notice a difference with the argan oil? I want to try it out as a facial oil, but it's really expensive and I thought it would be nice to see what feedback other people have left before splurging.
lilmama

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Just got today and haven't "tried" yet. On sampling it's odorless, thin and absorbs well. GOW says to add it to a carrier (cheaper) oil in about a 10% solution so that would make it a lot more affordable. I haven't decided yet on my carrier: emu, olive, jojoba, sesame. All good choices with different benefits. I'll have to think some more.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Try:

1. fish oil and/or flaxseed oil, taken internally
2. shower filter
3. goat's milk soap or lotion
4. Triceram cream by Osmotics
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I recently posted my eczema protocol on another thread. HTH!
fat_swan wrote:
Believe it or not, but Crisco has done WONDERS for my eczema! A few years ago when I was living in the US, I used to itch so badly, I still have scars that look like knife wounds all over my body to show for all the times I'd scratch til I bled in my sleep! Anyways, after I tried everything including topical steroids, I resorted to using Crisco. At first I found the Crisco oil was still not moisturizing enough Rolling Eyes but the shortening was too hard to spread, so what I ended up doing was mixing 3 parts shortening (softened) to 2 parts oil in the blender and then pour it back into old body lotion containers. Once a day after showering at night I'd lube up with this stuff and wear long cotton PJs and socks to bed. In the mornings before work, I'd do another rubdown with plain Crisco oil. I stayed with this routine for about 18 months (2 winters and 1 summer), and after that I was able to scale down to normal Crisco oil for another year, and now on most days I can survive with J&J Baby Oil with Acquaphor on top during winter, and olive oil with Vanicream on top for the summers. Occasionally I still have to break out the ol' topical steroids, but those days are now few and far between.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |