Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Excema
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Eczema is just skin lacking moisture ladies.

I'm sorry, but that is totally untrue. Anyone who has a child with severe eczema can tell you that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
True, but children of any age can have dry skin and that relates to a malfunctin of the immune system.
Dia
5% products discount

Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Eczema is just skin lacking moisture ladies. Also as you become older, skin gets thinner. What did bother you in your 20s & 30s bugs you to death later on. I know! So all the hocus pocus type products don't work. You need to use emollient type products with moisture attractants such as hyauloronic acid serums (the purer the better)or add sodium pca to your hand creams. You can purchase these at your local natural health or vitamin stores.

that's exactly what Penzim does..it moisturezes the skin very deep..when you have it, try it on your face, your legs...(and on the excemia ofcourse Smile you never will find
such a moisturezer again Smile
Dia
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the write up on Penzim Dia. This is very interesting. I went to the website and saw only a lotion and gel. Is there more to this line?
Ellkay

Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
I am new to these forums, and appreciate all the good info. My youngest son (now 20) had really terrible excema as a toddler (runs in my husband's family). Not willing to slather him in cortisone, I decided to try Homeopathy (this was my first experience with alternative medecine). The homeopath I went to told me that, most likely, the excema would get worse before it got better, and would either move up his body (it was predominantly behind his knees and inside his elbows) to his face and out, or out to his extremities. About two years later it did exactly that... out to his hands and feet and then it was gone. In the years since, he has only experienced a small amount of occasional dry skin at the base of his nose or behind his ears, but nothing on the scale of what he had before. You might consider it, as cortisone will merely suppress it. Hope that helps.
P.S. The reason I got into it in the first place was a friend came up with terrible eczema on her face as an adult, after years of suppressive cortisone usuage as a child. She decided to go through Homeopathy.. it did get worse (and it was bad!) and then it went away completely.

5% products discount

Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:51 am      Reply with quote
hello susieQ

They have only the gel and the lotion.A few months ago I found a website were they sold handcrafted cream with penzim.look atwww.americanhbr.com orwww.biosuisse.com. If you google for it, there is a study from the university of Malta. .www.home.um.edu.mt/phcy/research/2004.htm
I use penzim for everything also for regular skincare. I've never found such a good moisterizer. But I also use it for my dog's belly Smile My old labrador has sometimes a bad dermatitus..After 2 applications her belly is beautiful pink again Smile I think that is the ultimate prove that penzim works...dogs don't think..(at least mine doesn't Smile)
Best regards from Holland again
Dia
erikag

Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
susiQ ,I SO desagree wiht you ,eczema its SO Much More that just lack of mosture...
Eczema is a generalized term that encompasses various inflammatory skin conditions.

It is used synonymously with the term "Dermatitis" which means superficial inflammation of the skin that can be acute or chronic and can have a number of causes.Eczema is characterized by very distinctive reactive patterns of the skin,.Eczema is an inflammation of the skin which is characterized by dryness, flakiness, heat and, probably most importantly, itching. Eczema can occur on just about any part of the body; however, in infants, eczema typically occurs on the forehead, cheeks, forearms, legs, scalp, and neck. Affected areas usually appear very dry, thickened, or scaly. There may be some amount of hyperpigmentation of the affected parts. In children and adults, eczema typically occurs on the face, neck, and the insides of the elbows, knees, and ankles. In some people, the itchy rash can produce an oozing and crusting. In others, the condition may appear more scaly, dry, and red. Chronic scratching causes the skin to take on a leathery texture because the skin has thickened (lichenification).There are two groups of eczemas called exogenous and endogenous. Exogenous eczema is mostly caused by contact with external factors such as irritant substances, certain allergens and due to photosensitivity.Endogenous eczema is due to internal factors such as a generalized and prolonged hypersensitivity (atopy) to certain environmental factors. These factors could be chemicals, drugs, pollen, dust-mites, etc. These individuals also frequently exhibit one or more of other disorders such as asthma, hay fever, urticaria, food allergies, etc.Eczema is a chronic skin disease reflected due to immunological changes within the body. Eczema is curable only if the immunological disturbance is corrected by internal medicines such as in homeopathy. Homeopathy offers effective and safe treatment for eczema but takes long time to improve the condition...better that the quick fix that cortisone provides harming our skin and liver..cortisone only supress the condition making it stronger at the time that comes back !!!

please people that are jsut finding out about having eczema ,do not even use cortisone ,since its so bad for your skin...jsut do a reserch on cortisone side effects and you will see this medecing its the devil!!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I too am with the Homeopathy on this one, I have seen friends Eczema vannish after treatments, I have also had good results with Homeopathy for treating Acne and Hormonal imbalances.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Erikag for the explanation on eczema. I have a new found appreciation for those who suffer from it, including myself although not as bad. I'm sure all skin ills would heal if people only added "moisture" to their skin versus all the drying creams, lotions and potions that are currently around. And you're right in saying that cortisone is not the way to go. Something emollient is the way to go.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Dia, I have read much on Penzim products. I really like the fact that the premise behind this line are with the use of enzymes.

I can find it at Drugstore.com but shipping is so out of reach,I just cannot justify the expense. I refuse to pay such high shipping costs.

I've re-visited a product called Lipomoist which I ordered over a year ago and remember thinking at the time, what a wonderful product and left a real dewy, moist look to the skin.

Another product closer to home for me is Linacare another good alternative for people suffering from dry skin problems.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:06 am      Reply with quote
There seems to be some anecdotal evidence that rooibos tea solutions and ACV help eczema.

Anyone had any relief using these?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've got some organic rooibus teabags in my kitchen cupboard. I may well brew some up soon and try it on my hands. Good idea, thanks!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
someone on the skincare board just posted that they bathe in a bath (obviously d'oh!) with one cup of milk, one cup of ACV and one cup of epsom salts. She says it was prescribed her by Sam Graci and has given her some relief.

HTH, Liz Cool

Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
yusufosman wrote:
i hope it doesn't come back to the severity that i used to have it as a child (i.e. all over covered in bandages like a mummy - it does run in my family) as i thought i would have grown out of it.

----------
yusufosman,
I know this is a misery ... my oldest daughter suffered w/it darn near from birth! She had such tender skin that she couldn't wear any of the disposable diapers - only cloth (used a diaper service that boiled the things to sanitize - boy, were they soft!). Used no products but Redken Amino-Pon soap on her for years, including hair washing. It was so bad during kindergarten thru 1st grade that the school provided a home teacher, she looked so burnt they didn't want her to come to school! We tried all the usual remedies - antibiotics, steroids, diet, etc. They provide some temporary relief, but didn't 'cure' the problem. For what it's worth, the thing that made her better was when I put her on major supplements (Zinc, vits A-D-C-E-Bcomplex) & removed all the foods that had any kind of preservatives. She is 36 now & her skin is nice ... till she slips & 'forgets' to take her vitamins. When she starts taking them again, she gets better. It does seem to take a month or so to see improvement, in her case. She still has to be mindful of moisturizing & all that's been recommended in this thread, but you might want to consider the nutritional angle as well. Another biggie is plenty of rest, your body is fighting a battle - it needs replenishment w/lots of sleep! (I read somewhere that @ 90% of all healing occurs when the body is asleep - no diversion of resources to awake activities so all resources are focused on healing?! Makes sense to me!)

You're right @ the familial aspect, too - two of my grandkids has a milder form of their mama's eczema.

Hope you feel better soon,

Diana
yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
i have been using the anti-biotic cream prescribed and slowly my skin is healing. it doesn't itch so badly. after that i was told to use the steroid cream, which i might initially but once completely gone i am going to try and nip this problem in the bud! going to try the penzim.

thanks Diane, i know how horrible it is and how it goes through the family. now that i can see how awful it is for children i realise what i would have suffered as a child. my brother and my cousin have it and they look like they are burnt too and have to be rushed to hospital many times for reactions. wish someone could explain why it's happening rather that prescribing steroids at such a young age. having asthma too doesn't help, having to take corticosteroids for my lungs. they do make you hold more weights (making it difficult to lose) and not good in the long term, but again no one can offer alternatives to help with my asthma but inhalers!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:41 am      Reply with quote
I use to have eczema (??) on my hip for years, the doctor prescribed me steroid cream which would work all the time I was using it but the problem would come back when I stopped using it. For that reason for years without any question I would get repeat prescriptions, year after year. No-one queried it. Then through the post I got a whole load of literature sent to me from a guy that's son had had really bad eczema for years, he also was prescribed steroids. The father had kept all these cuttings saying that people should NOT use steroids, all they do is thin the skin (fortunately they didn't in my case) and that doctors are overprescribing them instead of getting to the root of the problem. I started using gentle products and found Liz Earle's Nourishing Botantical Body Cream works amazingly! It's the only thing that seems to keep the problem at bay. I do think what you put on your body (hands) makes a difference and also if you're stressed.

I do not agree with the use of steroids. My sister recently developed dry red patches on her eyes (probably an allergy to an eyeshadow), she was prescribed steroids for her eyes??!?!? When the product was used up she tried to get it from the chemist, told them the problem and they said that because she said she was putting it on her eyes they couldn't give it to her. Her doctor had prescribed it!!

So, try to destress, try to use just gentle items, try not to wash your hands so often as that will just make them more sore. Get a really good hand cream at night, L'Occitane do an amazing hand cream, it's really thick and rich and would certainly help and whatever you do DON'T USE STEROIDS.... IMHO!
erikag

Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:18 am      Reply with quote
READ PLEASE!!!!!
www.lichenplanus.com\flaLichen\steroids.swf
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again, guapagirl, for the bath tip! I'll be scouring my supermarket on my next trip for the ACV and Epsom Salts. Very Happy

Yusuf - The Penzim came today and I've only managed to use it once, but my hands already feel soothed and comfortable. They've plumped up too, as they'd become horribly dry and wrinkled up with the cold.

You're supposed to use it 5 times a day for the first few days, then it tails down eventually to twice a day, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm impressed at the moment, though! Very Happy
linda84

Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
hi guys. i'm new to this..and need major help. my skin is probably worse than most of you at this point. my eyelids are so dry that i'm able to peel skin away..and my face is so dry its just discomforted all day long. I was reading and saw some advice on that PENZIME, and was wondering if i'm able to use that on my face? my face is my only major site of horror right now =X

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
My 8 month old daughter also has eczema. It's not that severe as it comes and goes. I was prescribed steroids for her too and only applied a very very thin layer to help alleviate the flare up. I was really hesitant about using it as well but it seemed to do the trick. I just ordered Penzim from Drugstore.com. They're offering free shipping for orders $25 and up to US consumers. I can't wait to try it and see how her skin likes it. Gosh I sure hope she outgrows it and does not have to suffer through this all her life. Sad I will post follow-up after we get back from our trip to California regarding Penzim. I hope you could order one too Yusofman.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:34 am      Reply with quote
arghhh OMG my face is getting so dry. i can feel it flaking off. i had it severely as a child but it went away from all of my childhood (that i remember) but it seems to be coming back. i hope your daughter outgrows it ayleighs_mom - and then you can make sure that she knows to always keep herself moisturised (well when she is old enough and not to abuse her skin if it gets fragile like mine) or she will be prone to dryness (well i am but it could be the steroid creams put all over me for years!)

i will be ordering the penzim soon (no money right now) and i hope majorb puts a review of it up soon Razz
erikag

Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:18 am      Reply with quote
hello everybody ..please ppl with eczema check this site out...good things ,good info and good people

http://www.skincell.org
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:12 am      Reply with quote
So far, so good, Yusuf! Very Happy

Unfortunately, I've been out and about for most of today and haven't been able to apply any, but yesterday was great. It certainly made the skin on my hands look, but more importantly, feel so much better and more comfortable.

Early days, yet, though. So I've give a proper update after I've used it for a few more days.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:14 am      Reply with quote
erikag - Thank you. I'll check it out when I've more time to spare, but the site certainly looks interesting. Very Happy
JulieBee

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi I wanted to reply privately to you because the product I recommend is on a website I am affiliated with. I did not know how to get it privately to you. Anyway, I hope this gets to you. A skincare device that sprays fresh pH correct and sodium chloride on the skin now available in a hand held unit (once only in hospitals). It clears up even severe conditions. I'm getting great reports on it. Even little children are getting all cleared up and getting more sleep at night.Feel free to email me jbarile@cox.net so I can lead you to more info.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |